Secret Geocoin Santa II

dorkfish

We are late in learning about this, but, we are in.... email is sent....

1. Participating- email sent 11/23/07

2. Received Name - rcvd 11/25/07 thanks...

3. Mission Complete- complete

4. Santa Arrived - got it today, thank you so much. love the coins. will get picts here soon.....

scharm

Mission #1

1. Participating: Yes

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete -this one was a tough one mailed out 12-06 !

4. Santa Arrived -YES 12-08

Mission #2

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete mailed out 12-06 !

4. Santa Arrived -YES 12-08

WOW what great packages I recived today ! I diden't think and take a picture of them before I opened them both packages had all of the items gift wraped and it was fun opening them all.

Picture064.jpg

THANKYOU ! moscow32

Picture065.jpg

THANKYOU ! TeamEccs21

THANKYOU BOTH VERY MUCH FOR A COUPLE OF GREAT PACKAGES ! :)

where is the drooling smilie? i love the centris coin!

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete -yes

4. Santa Arrived - YES! on 12/8/07

I'll post pics as soon as I can get them taken. My wife had to go in for what we were hoping was only out-patient surgery, but it turns out she'll be off her feet for about 4-6 weeks.

I wanted to post to let my Secret Santa know the package arrived and how much I appreciate the contents. I'm sure some homework was done, and some pretty good guesses were made, too. But best of all, Santa provided a needed lift after spending a couple days at the hospital and running on about three hours sleep total over those two days.

I don't have any of the coins you chose to send. The coins were:

Caching is the Key

GeoTruckers (which is almost as big as the real tire!)

What I think is a German Satellite coin. It's as glow-in-the-dark spinner, Thueml & Simone team edition.

And the biggest coin surprise - a Dragon Spinner! - WOW

This is where some of the good guessing came in: The package also contained some REALLY useful items for an old scout - handwarmers - YAY!! The one thing I absolutely dislike the most is being cold. There was also a package of compact, disposable, and biodegradable towels - excellent for a backpack. And tucked away in the bottom was a mini Maglite - I lost mine on a recent Fall camping trip.

Thank you so much! Your kindness is sincerely appreciated and I hope it is returned to you someday.

Now I need to run back to the hospital for another shift.

Happy holidays everyone!

1. Participating Sent YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT would hate to be on Santa Naughty List :( 10/28/07

2. Received Name - yep and doing some special shopping for this one :D

3. Mission Complete - YEEEPPPPEEEE

the last items arrived, all items are present and accounted for and now wrapped and ready to send out asap Monday.

4. Santa Arrived

Edited by Frozen Buns

Mission One - GPX Navs

1. Participating - :D

2. Received Name - :mad:

3. Mission Complete - Going out tomorrow - 12/10 :(

4. Santa Arrived - Not yet

Mission Two - Go Girl & King Finder

1. Participating - :D

2. Received Name - :)

3. Mission Complete - Going out tomorrow - 12/10 :)

Ours won't be any surprise when the recipients get them but we sure had fun packing them up.

Enjoy & Happy Holidays!

Edited by GPX Navigators

Finally got all three missions ready.

Will ship tomorrow first thing in the morning.

Sorry for the slight delay, but I was waiting for a couple coins to come in.

:D Mission # 1:

1. Participating - Confirmation received!

2. Received Name - YES 11/18/07

3. Mission Complete - 12-10-07 - DONE

4. Santa Arrived - Not yet.

:) Mission # 2:

:( Mission # 3:

Edited by OshnDoc

I'll post pics as soon as I can get them taken. My wife had to go in for what we were hoping was only out-patient surgery, but it turns out she'll be off her feet for about 4-6 weeks.

Now I need to run back to the hospital for another shift.

Happy holidays everyone!

Hope your wife is feeling better soon! If there is anything you need, please let us know!

C&G

Mission 1:

1. Participating - 11/1

2. Received Name - 11/20 (mission apparently stuck in spam filter)

3. Mission Complete - 12/10

4. Santa Arrived - Yes - 12/08

Mission 2:

1. Participating - 11/1

2. Received Name - 11/20 (mission apparently stuck in spam filter)

3. Mission Complete - 12/10

4. Santa Arrived

I got both boxes in the mail today - a business day late, but hopefully worth it on the other end.

When I got home from caching on Saturday, there was a package from MI waiting for me. I'll post a description and some pics in a bit.

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Santa Arrived

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Santa Arrived

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Santa Arrived

Wahoo! I got home to two secret packages today! Yay! Geocoin mail always makes Mondays better.

Thank you so much Secret Santas!

Mission 1:

PC102055.jpg

PC102056.jpg

PC102057.jpg

Mission 2:

PC102058.jpg

PC102059.jpg

PC102060.jpg

Edited by lindsychris

1. Participating-Email sent 11/4 (edit)Confirmation recevied

2. Received Name Yes

3. Mission Will Be Completed for the 2nd time 12/09/07, package was sent 12/07/07, but returned for insufficient postage (something about add size package) and will be resent 2morrow. Sorry SP it is on the way!

4. Santa Arrived YEA!!! The package has landed! :unsure:

Thank you Santa (LeslieDodson9)! I love everything! I received a Cache Cow coin, which my cow infatuated daughter tried to swipe from me. :unsure: A DNF coin, a Seahorse, and a Do Unto Others Coin. I love them all and the kids loved their goodie bags. My daughter said we got goodies too! Thank you so much! I only hope my SP is as happy as I am!

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

Mission #1

:unsure: 1. Participating - Oh yeah!! 10/29/2007

:unsure: 2. Received Name 11/18/2007

:lol: 3. Mission Complete Sent today! Had 1 thing holding it up

:lol: 4. Santa Arrived - YES!!!!

Mission #2 - Cat

:) 1. Participating - 10/29/2007

B) 2. Received Name - 11/18/2007

:D 3. Mission Complete - 12/10/2007

B) 4. Santa Arrived - YES!!!

Mission #3 - Dog

B) 1. Participating - 10/29/2007

:D 2. Received Name - 11/18/2007

:D 3. Mission Complete - 12/10/2007

:D 4. Santa Arrived - YES!!!

My Secret Santa gifts came in today and WOW!!! I got a cool personalized stocking, a cute card, a container with some coal :D , another container with two activated coins and two activated TB's to be moved which I thought was a really cool idea. I'll have those out in a new cache as soon as I can. The coins for myself were a 9key v2, green THX4TC Jeep (I :D Jeeps), Anthus laptop, and an Arthur & Trillian personal, plus a really cute green glitter NERD from Ble68! Woo Hooo!!! B)

My dog received 2 types of treats and a santa pull that he has just gone crazy for. :D

The cat received a kitty stocking full of different types of toys. They will be well used! :D

THANK YOU!!!!!

Mission One - GPX Navs

1. Participating - :unsure:

2. Received Name - :unsure:

3. Mission Complete - Mailed 12/10 :lol:

4. Santa Arrived - YES! YES! YES! :lol::)B):DB)B)

WOW! Received my package today and as soon as I pick my jaw up from the floor & upload pics I'll be back with the full report. Thank you!

Edited by GPX Navigators

1. Participating 10/28/07

2. Received Name 11/17/07

3. Mission Complete Mailing 12/11/07

4. Santa Arrived 12/10/07

Santa arrived today and boy was he good to me! I didn't get a picture, but he brought a nice little doggy stocking filled with some REALLY cool coins from my wish list, an ornament, and a plush toy. Thank you Santa!

:unsure:

As I walked up to the door I saw a package sitting on the front porch. I was expecting a package from my parents but when I picked it up I knew it wasn't from them--Mother wouldn't have decorated the box! LOL I knew it had to be Secret Santa!!! I went inside and did a couple of little things like turn up the furnace before I could open up the box.

I opened up a box to find an incredible Secret Santa Mission. The first thing I saw was a red stocking stuffed with goodies. I laughed out loud a deep belly laugh when I pulled out a pair of puppy dog slipper socks! Then a hot chocolate cone (I love hot chocolate!), then out came a reindeer pin, a handmade geocaching tree ornament, some yummy chocolate (which I have to say lasted only as long as it took to take the picture!), a Let It Snow paper pad and pen and also a microcache container. This container is unique--it has a picture of a rattlesnack on it! Here is a picture of these goodies!

83e7bfa8-98c9-4aa4-9306-f0b0607d00c3.jpg

Next was a very nicely wrapped package and when I opened it up I found a book. I have taken pictures of most of the pages to share with you.

b4b70992-441b-430b-b54f-9648f1bce14a.jpg

Each page was done with the theme of the coin and the coin was contained in a pocket. In first one I found a geojellie3--kidney. I now have my first geojellie!!

0d54df5f-0976-4ccf-83bc-bdc6a341a9c6.jpg

The next page revealed a Canine Cacher version one in silver. The sheltie in the picture looks a lot like my sheltie Molly!

de0253ea-4a39-4eb6-9208-1eb2f0bdb251.jpg

Next came the sisters page. The coin is three sisters. Hmmm I do have two sisters. Cool and appropriate coin.

3b713f2f-5b6a-4785-9919-1a2a8b2c074d.jpg

Then the Reach for the Stars page with the final Zodiac coin--that is one humungous coin!!

50641e90-60d0-4b1e-be7d-ef13ac0090bd.jpg

And last but definitely not least is the frog page! A gold Rainforest Jewel coin!!

a03da2fa-2343-40d3-b160-892fba864f61.jpg

:unsure::lol: Thank you so much (not so) Secret Santa :unsure: for all your work and creativity in making this wonderful gift for me. I love them all and you definitely put a smile on my face today!! :lol::)

Edited by LadyBee4T

Wow

After seeing all the pictures I feel like I didn't do a very good job....some of you have done such woderful work & prep on this !

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete -yes

Sorry it was so late but our move really cramped my style

Only 1 cache in the last month argggg!

Thanks for all your work on putting this together too Stephanie

Edited by whitebear

Wow, it's great to see some of the packages and the creativity!!

This was such a fun idea and great fun to carry out!

Thanks, Karma!

And many thanks to my FIRST Secret Santa!! I loved :blink: each and every present. There were no favorites, except the HUGE hershey kiss almost rivals some of the coins! That BlueCherry coin might get the honors of favorite though :D Merry Christmas to you!

OK everyone is settling for the night and now I can report in. Crazy day here with phone ringing all day, packages going in and out, my birthday, everyone's sick trying to plan a diner with friends but I had a good hair day and trust me that last one was important. :D

The mailperson rang the bell early afternoon and two packages were at the door. One for the kids one for the whole family but that one will be reported on after Christmas as it has a big Do Not Open Till Christmas sign on it. Course we shook it up like crazy and made some guesses but have been informed by a certain forum person that our guesses were not right. The suspense is getting to some little folks here but we will behave.

OK I digress - we ran out to the mailbox hoping for some mail as it has been so sporadic lately with the snow & ice on the streets. Empty. Oh well maybe some long awaited coins will arrive tomorrow. In the interim we had many coin packages to mail out so we headed out a bit later. Took one more peek in the mailbox before we headed out and 'lo & behold it was stuffed full of everything - envelopes padded & regular and one cool box from none other than our Secret Santa.

Wow - wow - wow. Whoever was our Santa :D (and I'm really not sure) you totally outdid yourself. Thank you so so so very much for all the goodies. It was wrapped up so nicely and inside was chock full of amazing goodies that I felt were all handpicked for us! We received sig items (so many cool ones), wooden nickels and 7 coins all from my seeking list. None of which I ever thought I would be able to obtain. You are an amazing generous person and I am humbled! Thank you so much for everything - for not only making the season special but my birthday too. It was so much fun to take everything out of the bag and oh so s-l-o-w-l-y open each item. We had fun, fun, fun. Thank you!!!!! :D:ph34r::blink::D

Come with me on a picture journey of our Secret Santa Package....... :ph34r:

The Gift Wrapped Bag. What a neat way to wrap a present.

808bbcfc-ea6c-4d33-9806-5864ed7ec9f3.jpg

The items on display and trust me we were drooling at this point to open every one

da8df33d-df48-4b64-a9f8-6a335465ec68.jpg

The Stash!

30c53e35-ce08-4d2f-97b8-d8623ca5c9e0.jpg

The Sig Items :blink: (with a special hug card - love it!), Wooden nickels - yes! - a few handmade sig items - way too cool - and some rockin' coins that I never thought I would ever get to see!!! :D

af12365b-40c3-4438-8214-8ecb13743444.jpg

And up close on the coins - Hungry Hobo Fall Get Together, Goblin Valley Event, Pirates of Harriman 2005 - yes I am an event coin junkie B) and while I never in a million years thought I would see any of these coins also gifted to us was the amazing never before seen by us Puzzle Cache Coin Set - yes I'm a puzzle coin junkie as well. Such an incredible set of coins those puzzles are! All of the coins are a tremendous gift!

cef1f674-0e2e-46be-88ef-2e09d35aafdd.jpg

Perfect Secret Santa. Totally perfect. We feel incredibly spoiled and super blessed to have found such a great community of generous giving people who are willing to share with US! Wow! Really! I can't wait to PIF to another!

I hope everyone who has participated has had as much fun as us. All of this was just great. Thank you Karma for a wonderful fun mission and to all those who played Secret Santa - you are wonderful.

We'll be back to report when the kid's mission arrives. Till then keep posting the pics as we love to read the stories and see all the gorgeous gifts everyone is receiving.

Thank you!!!!

Edited by GPX Navigators

af12365b-40c3-4438-8214-8ecb13743444.jpg

I'm glad to see that the HUG card hasn't been all used up and is continuing to spread smiles and cheer! It made a stop here in Michigan and I added the Pink Ribbon signifying Breast Cancer and then sent it on its way. I wonder how many hugs it has given since I sent it out over a year ago? :D Great time of year to receive it!!!

Hi!

I just heard that my package arrived at my Secret Santa recipient! Ho, Ho, Ho!!! Glad they liked... this was the first year I've ever done anything like this...it was great fun playing Santa! Looking at some of the photos posted, next year I am going to really going to step it up a notch and get fancy! Maybe even do a few!!! :D Hope to hear from my Secret Santa soon!! Merry Christmas to All!! :blink: DrJeepStr

Hi!

I just heard that my package arrived at my Secret Santa recipient! Ho, Ho, Ho!!! Glad they liked... this was the first year I've ever done anything like this...it was great fun playing Santa! Looking at some of the photos posted, next year I am going to really going to step it up a notch and get fancy! Maybe even do a few!!! :D Hope to hear from my Secret Santa soon!! Merry Christmas to All!! :D DrJeepStr

Ho Ho Ho & Woohoo!! Santa arrrived from New England and boy did he bring us some nice goodies :blink:)

Everything was wrapped up so cute and yes, we debated for about 2 seconds whether to open them or wait.....hee hee - Mr Cachu and I are not very patient :blink: What fun we had tearing into the packages!

The first one we opened had a really cool Patriots football ornament for the tree!!, the next package was the carleenp Stunod bottle opener coin - WE LOVE IT!! That is going on the key chain for sure, Mmmm Beer.... :ph34r: Next we opened the cutest little red GeoJellie...this is the first one we've ever seen up close, they are just adorable!! You're right DrJeepStr, it is a perfect Jeep Red! The next coin was a really cute one, I've never seen this coin before either, it's got a jeep on the front and says 5 star terrain on the back - THANKS!!! The hand warmers will come in very handy on our next trip down to Moab in our Jeep! The GeoPatch, candy canes and Snoopy dog are awesome! Thanks for making a cold, hectic day warmer with your thoughful gifts!! Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Bring your Red Rubicon out west some time and we'll take you on a GREAT adventure!!

~ Georgia & Craig...The Cach-u-nuts!

2dfaa3c9-1a4f-42b2-8d2c-c6250d376065.jpg

I thought my mission came yesterday, but when I openned it, it was just Barbie clothes that I'd ordered for my niece for Christmas. Talk about a let down! :D

I had the same thing happen last week when I checked my mail and seen a package in it. Got in the house and opened it and it was the owners manual for the Jeep that I have just bought. :ph34r: Boy was I bummed! :blink: But after seeing all the neat stuff that the others have gotten, it makes me excited waiting for it. :blink:

"Next came the sisters page. The coin is three sisters. Hmmm I do have two sisters. Cool and appropriate coin."

Where would one get one of these "sister" geocoins?

The sisters listed are lissie, donorgirl and Ms. Kitty. the saying is "Sisters that geocache together stay together" so I bet if you contacted one of them you might be able to work out something!!!

I thought my mission came yesterday, but when I openned it, it was just Barbie clothes that I'd ordered for my niece for Christmas. Talk about a let down! :D

I don't know why but this really had me laughing. I suppose it was the idea of a man expecting geobling and only getting little tiny itsy bitsy doll clothes instead. :ph34r: Reminds me a Barbie cache we did a few months back. You could tell who the men were by their logs - "Uh yup - no Barbie clothes here to put in the cache. Promise - never even seen the stuff." :blink:

Hey Brady - you are one cool uncle! Your niece is going to love her surprise and you still get to get excited again when your toys arrive.

Does anyone else feel like a kid at Christmas this last week or so? I know I do! :blink:

I've placed so many orders that I'm excited at any package that comes in. Yesterday I received two -- my order of WIsconsin Geocahing coins (these are really beautiful!) and ... my Secret Santa Geocoins!!!!

I am duly impressed and thrilled!

Some secret Santa from Canada definitely did some research into my list and found some great coins!

First, the CHRISGUN personal geocoin. I never thought I'd actually get one of these. I've always liked the simple design and thought it would be a great addition to my collection (and I was right!).

And then two dragon coins. I like the dragon coins and Santa did well by me! The 2007 Geocaching Dragon coin is beautiful! I had not seen one before this. The ruby eye(s) add a nice touch!

But to find a two-tone, LE (#19 of 25) edition of geocaching dragon coin is ... well, it makes my day!

What a great trove of coins! Thank you, Santa!

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete - Yes (shipped out on Dec 7 by Priority Mail)

4. Santa Arrived - Yes!

:blink::D:blink:

Wow! Two Secret Santa Packages received in one day !! One posted from New Jersey, one from Minnesota. Most excellent. Below are the pictures from New Jersey... (Minnesota to follow shortly!)

8b51a9f1-7fe5-4800-bcad-99230329d8d0.jpg

83c3ec54-4242-4fcc-b9cc-9a1738df9d58.jpg

So far I am managing to resist opening the packages, but I don't think that will last long...

The peppermints are irresistible because they are the melt-in-your-mouth kind. yummmm....

Wow! Two Secret Santa Packages received in one day !! One posted from New Jersey, one from Minnesota. Most excellent. Below are the pictures from New Jersey... (Minnesota to follow shortly!)

8b51a9f1-7fe5-4800-bcad-99230329d8d0.jpg

83c3ec54-4242-4fcc-b9cc-9a1738df9d58.jpg

So far I am managing to resist opening the packages, but I don't think that will last long...

The peppermints are irresistible because they are the melt-in-your-mouth kind. yummmm....

OPEN THEM!!!!! We want to see too!!!!!

My secret Santa came today! I got an Ultimate cache, a Tranquility geocoin, a gingerbread man, and a Christmas cachetag! Along with that was a teddy bear, a bison tube, and a TB cover. My cats got so many little goodies! They can't stop playing with them! Suki got some bones and a giant peppermint stuffy! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I got my second secret santa mission today and Thank You so much to Three Doxies. My own daschund loved the toy and took it right away. I love the clock because it looks just like my baby boy (Kiyoshi). You did great with the coins also I did not have any of them. I love your personal coin. I was so excited to look at all of them. Thank You again you really made my day. ;)

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

... My wife had to go in for what we were hoping was only out-patient surgery, but it turns out she'll be off her feet for about 4-6 weeks.

I wanted to post to let my Secret Santa know the package arrived and how much I appreciate the contents. I'm sure some homework was done, and some pretty good guesses were made, too. But best of all, Santa provided a needed lift after spending a couple days at the hospital and running on about three hours sleep total over those two days....

I'm glad Santa helped... I hope your wife is doing ok ;)

xmasln7.gif

I had not been to the PO in the last two days. The hubby made a trip up that way and brought back a pile of mail. As he dumped it on my desk he said, "There are three packages in the back seat!" Could it be? Three? Oh ya! I have been doing the eBay thing getting stuff for wire wrapping. Took a class a few weeks ago. BUT... Could there be a possibility that maybe one was a Secret Santa package??? Maybe two of them??? I went out and gathered the boxes up and hurried back to my desk. Yep, one was auction stuff. OH GOODIE. The second one was diffently from a Secret Santa. Hmmmmmmm! Was this thrid one a not so Secret Santa or an auction item???

xmasln7.gif

Mission #1

1. Participating: Emailed 10/28/07

2. Received Name:11/18/07 12:34AM

3. Mission Complete: YES!

4. Santa Arrived:Did it ever!!!

xmasln7.gif

Throwing the box with the auction items aside, I turned my attention back to third box. Oh well! No better time to find out as now! Yep!! Both Secret Santa packages in one day! OH MY! WOW...HO WOW... I keep pulling goodie after goodie out. When I thought I was through I found even more! Santa knew that I love purple and must have peaked into my "Seek List". He sent me a Silver & Purple "Keep on Cachin" coin tucked inside a flim canister. Then there was a great looking Trigo coin. Just love those flames. There was a cute little Xmas bag filled with LolliPops, an ornament filled with jelly beans and a Holiday pin. There was a chocolate covered peanut butter tree. It didn't last long after the picture because I had to eat it to keep up my energy level as I was fading fast from all the excitement of all the great things. After a deep breath I continued on. There were two cute antenna balls, a Santa and a red hatted, w/purple star, cow girl. A fabulous little Dream Catcher key ring, snow flake ornament, 2007 yin yang global positioning pin, holiday candle (which I lite right away) and a nice Christmas card. Did I forget anything??? Nope! Thank you... Thank you... Not so Secret Santa.

IMG_4242.jpg

IMG_4248.jpg

xmasln7.gif

Mission #2

1. Participating:Emailed 10/28/07

2. Received Name: 11/18/07 12:34AM

3. Mission Complete: Done

4. Santa Arrived:OH YA!!!

xmasln7.gif

On to the second Secret Santa box. OK... The outside of the box didn't give this Santa away. Maybe something inside might! Love all the squiggly red & green confetti paper. After peeling off the top layer I find three Xmas boxes. Upon opening each one I had to dig through more squiggly paper, but it was worth it. Each one held a precious coin. A Black Nickel Nscaler, a Gold KevinG68 and a copper Thorny. I started to have that faint feeling again. But low and behold I pull out a red Xmas ornament filled with mini candy bars. Of course first came the picture then the candy went By-By! Now with my energy newly restored I continued on. This Santa read up on my new obsession of rock hounding. For there was a padded envelope with "For the Budding Rockaholic" and a cute hand drawn Christmas tree. Of course I had to do the squeeze thing before opening it. It was fairly heavy and flat. Upon opening it I pulled out a gorgrous agate. Turning over the baggy it was in, I see that Santa gave me a hint of what kind of agate. First I thought it was a Plume Agate aquired from Graveyard Point. I immediately jumped onto the computer and punched in the agates name. I found out that it is a Graveyard Point Plum Agate found in Eastern Oregon. I was sure it wasn't store bought, as it looked ruff cut. I can't wait till I get a stone cutter and polisher. This will be one of the first I polish! I defiantly want to check out the area this agate is found at next year when we go to another GPAA outing in the Burnt River Canyon area. Well... I didn't find anything to help me idenify this Secret Santa. Hmmmmm! Maybe the golly guy or gal is a rockaholic themself? Maybe they live in E. Oregon? I will probably never know! But that isn't a bad thing. It is very exciting opening packages from the unknown and finding great surprizes! Thank You VERY much Secret Santa.

IMG_4234.jpg

IMG_4241.jpg

mxmas_e0.gif

To my Secret Santa's