Secret Geocoin Santa II

dorkfish

1. Participating Oct 30 :(

2. Received Name - Got it! :D

3. Mission Complete - going out in Friday's mail, all wrapped and boxed and ready to go! :D

4. Santa Arrived - Got it, love it! Thank you, Santa! :santa:

Naomi :santa:

PS... a big thank you to Karma for arranging all of this, I had no idea how much I'd enjoy it before I got started with it, but it has been such a pleasure to work on and get together

Update time... Will post later this evening on the ones I have received.

MISSION #1 -

1. Participating - email sent

2. Received Name - yes

3. Mission Complete - POSTED TODAY

4. Package Received - Yes :D

MISSION #2 -

2. Received Name - yes

4. Package Received - Yes :(

MISSION #3 -

rattusbaggus mission -

2. Received Name - yes

4. Package Received - Yes :D

MISSION #4 (2nd batch) -

2. Received Name - yes

4. Package Received

MISSION #5 (2nd batch) -

2. Received Name - yes

4. Package Received

Edited by keewee

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Santa Arrived

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Santa Arrived

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Santa Arrived

All three missions are going out in tomorrow's mail. One was easy, one was a little challenge, and one has a lot of coins, but no list! :( We hope we did alright!

Mission one:

1. Participating - yep

2. Received Name - yep

3. Mission Complete - Shipped 12/03

4. Santa Arrived - Arrived 12/06!

A HUGE THANK YOU to my Secret Goecoin Santa! The gifts for all 4 of my kids were awesome (arrow heads, necklace, geode). They loved them! The coins (San Deigo Geocachers, Nevada, 5 Star Terrain? Go 4x4 it!), patch, wooden nickel, etc are all fantastic!! Excellent choices! You really went above and beyond!! Thank you!

Mission two:

1. Participating - yep

2. Received Name - yep

4. Santa Arrived - not yet

Mission three:

1. Participating - yep

2. Received Name - yep

4. Santa Arrived - not yet

Edited by 4damFam

Mission #1

1. Participating: Yes

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete -this one was a tough one mailed out today!

4. Santa Arrived -not yet

Mission #2

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete mailed out today!

4. Santa Arrived -not yet

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE ! :(

:santa::(:D Well, I FINALLY took off my Grinch suit, put up the Christmas tree, slapped some Manheim Steamroller - never fails to get me into the Christmas Spirit - into the CD player and packed up my two Secret Santa Missions. They will be mailed off bright & early tomorrow morning. Nothing like the last minute, eh? :D:santa: :santa: :(

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

Mission # 1

1. Participating - e-mail sent - 10/28/2007 :unsure:

2. Received Name - Yeppers! :yikes:

3. Mission Complete - Yes! Finally! 12/07/07 :rolleyes:

4. Santa Arrived - Not yet... :unsure::ph34r:

Mission # 2

1. Participating - e-mail sent 10/28/2007 :unsure:

2. Received Name - Yeppers! :ph34r:

3. Mission Complete - Yes! Finally! 12/07/07 :ph34r:

4. Santa Arrived - Not yet... :yikes::ph34r:

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

UGH... mine is in the mail now and I think waiting for it to make it across the pond and to its recipient is going to be worse than the wait for mine to arrive was!

I actually did a second package along with Solan109 to another cacher that we felt was especially deserving of one - no coins, but some goodies, so I'm biting my nails waiting on BOTH packages to arrive so I can see if they are liked or not, lol!

I am SO not patient!

Naomi :rolleyes:

Edited by mousekakat

UGH... mine is in the mail now and I think waiting for it to make it across the pond and to its recipient is going to be worse than the wait for mine to arrive was!

That's the same for me! I couldn't wait that my package arrived and I am so happy that my package finally arrived save and my person liked it. I almost forgot that I have to get a package, too :rolleyes::unsure:

It is great to receive something, but for me the best part is to put something wonderful together. I was thinking about a second mission but in the end I thought one really good mission is better than two missions that I can hardly afford...

Mission # 1 - PengoFamily

1. Participating - yes

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete - Yes! Today finally! 12/07

4. Santa Arrived - Not yet... :unsure:

Mission # 2 - PengoBeky Kid's mission

1. Participating - yes

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete - Yes! Today finally! 12/07

4. Santa Arrived - Not yet... :rolleyes:

Mission One:

1. Participating - Yes, Email Sent 10/28/07

2. Received Name - Yes (Thanks Karma)

3. Mission Complete - Yes (12/10/07) - With an hour to spare before the Post Office closed...

4. Santa Arrived - I haven't checked my mail this week. Will check when I get home...

Mission Two:

1. Participating - Yes, Email Sent 10/28/07

2. Received Name - Yes (Thanks Karma)

3. Mission Complete - Yes (12/10/07) - With an hour to spare before the Post Office closed...

4. Santa Arrived - I haven't checked my mail this week. Will check when I get home...

1. Participating--YES, confirmation received.

2. Received Name--YOU BET

3. Mission Complete--YESIREE

4. Santa Arrived!!!

5a57dc07-520f-499a-ab12-6c81ff14b17a.jpg

Someone (You know who you are!) knows I love Jeeps and caching, so I was VERY excited to see 2 Jeep Racers, a THX4TC Jeep, a Signal Jeepin pin and some personal swag! Thanks for the most generous "Secret" gift! I love it, and this was very reassuring for me about trading, this coin community, and caching in general. Thank you for putting this on, and thank you for sending me such a great, and fitting, coin gift!

Cheers,

NeverSummer

1. Participating: (11/15/2007)

2. Received Name: Yes!

3. Mission Complete: Still working on it Yes, mission accomplished on 12/05/07

4. Santa Arrives: Yes! (11/27/07) Wow! That was fast!

Now, the anticipation begins. . . .I certainly hope everything arrives in tact. :ph34r:

Sorry for the late post, as per the norm, I am having computer difficulties and am not able to access the computer as often as I would like.

Mission one has been posted and given luck should arrive shortly.

Mission two has been a toughy and I am still waiting for a trade to show up so that I can get coins that my second person is seeking. I know that elves aren't supposed to get cranky, but I am getting that way waiting for the trader coin to show up! :ph34r:

Okay, I am done venting....

:DMission one has been posted !! :ph34r:

Secret Geocoin Santa II Mission:

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Santa Arrived - December 7, 2007

Pet's Secret Santa II Mission:

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Santa Arrived - December 7, 2007

OMG OMG OMG OMG. My little doggie and I received the most amazing, beautiful, thoughtful, and generous gifts today. I have to say I am pretty speechless. I am beyond cloud 9, SERIOUSLY! Here are some photos worth more than 1,000 words apiece.

Outside of the box, all that was left after a very excited ripping into

IMG_0027%20copy.jpg

Inside the box I found beautiful delicate tissue paper, lots of glitter, gifts, a large bell ornament with a snowman and lots of chocolate kisses (yummy)!!

My little one's card and cute stocking full of goodies!

IMG_0032%20copy.jpg

Gifts included: a hilarious card, 2 balls, a Jumbone (a favorite!), and an orange (Go Clemson Tigers!!!) I.D. tag for travelling. (From the card, [santa says] "Hmmm. That's strange. What kind of kid would want an overweight, declawed, toothless cat for Christmas?")

IMG_0033%20copy.jpg

My GeoDog giving me puppy dog eyes for her new gifts

IMG_0045%20copy.jpg

Enjoying two treats at once and getting every last crumb!

IMG_0049%20copy.jpg

Wrapped human goodies

IMG_0035%20copy.jpg

Inside the lovely gift boxes were these absolutely stunning goodies, each individually wrapped. The first box I opened had an ornament of a snowman on a mitten, a Pumpkin Spice candle (how on earth did you know I love candles.....) and the pretty pink and metallic (whitish and full of glitter) clay for me to make more Cherry Blossom tokens and more yummy chocolate kisses. The next box was my favorite and inside I found geocoins that I thought I would only ever possess in my dreams. A really fun nontrackable from my seeking list: Hides & Finds Geocoin Club #9 (Plastic Container Hide). I didn't think this package could get better, but I was wrong. The next geocoin I unwrapped was also on my seeking list and one I have been after since I missed ordering one: an Anthus Red LE Laptop and Anthus pin. Last unwrapped and by far my favorite was an AE Black Nickel Rainforest Jewel geocoin. I was in absolute ecstasy at this point and I couldn't believe how beyond words I was feeling. And as if all these goodies weren't already more than I could have expected, I had one more box that contained 4 glow lightsticks and 3 mini ball point pens with clips. I can't wait to go out night hiking or caching with a puppy to use the glow sticks and I think I will be hanging the pens from my bag, book bag, and my extra set of car keys :ph34r:

IMG_0037%20copy.jpg

I really love everything you sent and I will use, enjoy, and treasure it all. I might even share some of the chocolate kisses with my family...NAH!!!

Thank you to one AWESOME Secret Geocoin Santa!!!

Thank you Thank you Thank you Tsun and Tristin, Cowboy, and Dakota!!!!! You all rock!

(I only wish I could say more, but I am still feeling speechless.)

P.S. Maybe it is because I am so tired, but I just saw all the cute sayings on the kiss labels! ROFL, now if I could just get to sleep and wake up in 4.5 hours.

Edited by TokyoBlossom

1. Participating-email sent 11/8

2. Received Name - 11/17, good they don't own the coins I've picked to give

3. Mission Complete - Packaged and goes in tomorrow's mail (12/4)

4. Santa Arrived - 12/3/2007

My package arrived today and I was like a little kid. Wait till Xmax? Open it now? Back and forth, back and forth, oh heck, I opened it. Out fell a ton of stuff, candy, pins, coins and a stocking all inside a card. It was like these folks knew we personally. Three weeks ago I hit 1500 caches, which by itself was great but in my Secret Santa package, was an engraved 1500 Finds coin with all my info on it and matching pin. These folks did their research. Also a World CITO coin, A Whale of a Coin, an RX Pill coin, a 2005 Xmas Coin, The Rubicon Brothers Coin and a couple of Earth Turtle pins. Thanks is just not enough, you are definitely Christmas Angels. You did a great job hiding who you were but I figured it. Thanks sooooooo much.

SecretSanta.jpg

I LOVE those earth turtle pins!!!!!! Where can I find one? (and is there a chance I CAN find one?) :ph34r:

It took longer than expected until the ordered/traded coins arrived, but now it's time for an update:

Mission 1:

B) Participating

B) Received Name

:D Mission Complete (Package went to the PO yesterday)

:D Santa Arrived

Mission 2:

:ph34r: Participating

:ph34r: Received Name

:D Mission Complete (Package went to the PO yesterday)

B) Santa Arrived

One coin from wish list bought from Ebay...

Still waiting for the coin to show up - it bether be here soon or my package will not arrive before christmas... :ph34r:

1. Participating: Email sent 11/16/2007

2. Received Name: Yes :D

3. Mission Complete: Sent 12/8/2007

4. Santa Arrived:

The package is sent, but it's not the way I wanted it to be :ph34r:

The coin I bought on Ebay never showed up, and the seahorse coin I won from Dorkfish is nowhere to be found - my daughter must have taken it... Will ship it as soon as I can find it.

I just hope the package will arrive before christmas...

Mission 1:

1. Participating- yep e-mail sent 11/17

2. Received Name - received on 11/18

3. Mission Complete - 11/23/07 - Hope you like it!!!

4. Santa Arrived - Not Yet :)

Mission 2:

1. Participating - yep e-mail sent 11/17

2. Received Name - Received 2nd mission on 11/25

3. Mission Complete - 12/8 - Hope you like it.

4. Santa Arrived - Not Yet :)

Mission 2 won't be much of a secret. I sent some activated coins to be released into the wild..... :) It is going across the pond...hopefully you have it by Christmas.

I haven't resorted to stalking the postman yet :)

Steel City Babes

Mission #1

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete -this one was a tough one mailed out 12-06 !

4. Santa Arrived -YES 12-08

Mission #2

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete mailed out 12-06 !

4. Santa Arrived -YES 12-08

WOW what great packages I recived today ! I diden't think and take a picture of them before I opened them both packages had all of the items gift wraped and it was fun opening them all.

Picture064.jpg

THANKYOU ! moscow32

Picture065.jpg

THANKYOU ! TeamEccs21

THANKYOU BOTH VERY MUCH FOR A COUPLE OF GREAT PACKAGES ! :)

1. Participating - Check! - sent e-mail Nov. 17th

2. Received Name - Check! - got name on Nov. 25th

3. Mission Complete - Check! mailed on Dec. 3rd - should have gotten there by the 5th or 6th - OPEN IT! OPEN IT! :):)B)

4. Santa Arrived - Check! B):)B)B)B):) The mailman just delivered the package! I got a Geocache America geocoin, a Go Paperless geocoin (these are really cool - I had never heard of them - they light up and blink - Awesome!), and a Canals of Indiana geocoin - I wonder if this one is a clue as to who my secret santa is???? I also got two pins!! THANK YOU SECRET SANTA!!!!!!!!!! This was a ton of fun and I want to do it again next year!

Edited by The Hazelnuts

Well, to keep myself from sleeping the whole day away, I decided to go get a few caches this afternoon. When I checked the mail on the way out, either I didn't get anything, or the carrier was running behind.

I got home to find a rather large USPS bag sitting in front of the door. "Oh, goodie!"

I opened it and found a box from Santa Claus (when did he move in? And why haven't I noticed the reindeer around?).

Let's see... Santa plush doll and sleigh, a Super Dooper Reindeer Pooper jelly bean dispenser (this is just too cool!), two Idaho Spuds candies (ah, candy!), and then the coins!

A Cache Movers coin, a Geocaching Police Squad, the Narmer Palette coin (I've almost bought this like three times!), a set of Shabti coins (these too!), and two Geocoin Nerds! They're great!

Thanks, Santa!

That's one down, one to go!

Pictures soon!

1. Participating-Email sent 11/4 (edit)Confirmation recevied

2. Received Name Yes :)

3. Mission Will Be Completed for the 2nd time 12/09/07, package was sent 12/07/07, but returned for insufficient postage (something about add size package) and will be resent 2morrow. Sorry SP it is on the way!

4. Santa Arrived

Edited by SCYoli