Secret Geocoin Santa II

dorkfish

This might be a dumb question but here goes. Would it bother you as the receiver from your secret santa to get a personal coin that would pretty much give away who your santa is or would you rather not know who the sender is? I kind of wanted to send one of my Geojelly3 coins but that would kind of be obvious. Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

I don't think it is bad at all!! Personally, I had 19 geojellies2 coins made...traded about 7 of 'em gave 2 away (one to my SS2 recipient), so there are only 10 left in existence! A HTF coin indeed!

Any coin my SS2 would have sent I would've been happy with.....I AM happy with all four of them! The whole thing is the surprise at who got your name and the suprise at the end! It was a lot of fun and it made my Christmas (okay, I'm easily excited! LOL!).

Just my two cents....take it for what it's worth.

This might be a dumb question but here goes. Would it bother you as the receiver from your secret santa to get a personal coin that would pretty much give away who your santa is or would you rather not know who the sender is? I kind of wanted to send one of my Geojelly3 coins but that would kind of be obvious. Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

To me it is more about the exchange versus being annonymous. HHHHMMMMM is that why I use a different return address :lol: ?

I can't win for losing, they will know who it came from when they receive the package, that Lackey is a dead giveaway!!!

HHHHMMMMM...I wonder who's return address you used Dennis???? :lol:

donorgirl - I would love to receive someones personal coin in a secret mission. Too me it's not really about the package being anonymous.

Oh yeah... My mission is now complete after spending 30 minutes in line at the post office... :D

:lol:

Another update, so:

Mission #1

1. Participating:well, yeah ...

2. Received Name: yes

3. Mission Completed: No, STILL pending arrival of trade/purchase :P

4. Santa Arrived: YES!!! :D:D:D Thank you, Secret Santa!!!! :lol:

Mission #2

1. Participating: yes

2. Received Name: yes

3. Mission Completed: No, STILL pending trade :D

4. Santa Arrived: not applicable : )

1. Participating - Confirmation received 11/8

2. Received Name- Received name 11/18

3. Mission Complete- Sent a very special box across the sea 11/27

4. Santa Arrived- Waiting !! Papa Noel arrived in Minnesota this afternoon!

Wow! What a suprise, with the way things have been going recently, (the weather turning crappy and my car acting crazy) I was expecting a box full of fossil fuels. My hero (aka SS) sent me a SEIGO coin, a hockey jersey coin, a hockey puck micro, and a Canadian coin!! :lol:

Beside being very kind, my Secret Santa is omnipotent.... how in the world did you know what I wanted!!

Thank You, Thank You

I didn't realize that one's pets were open for Santa missions. My Bismarck would have liked to participated too.(he's such a good boy) Maybe next year.

One more contest too :lol: This one will run until Sunday night. If you have a funny picture of yourself, your kids, your pets, etc with Santa Clause I'd love to see them. I'm going to give away some of my christmas coins. Not sure how many yet, but I'll send one to you & your secret person.

Happy Holidays!

We didn't have any funny pics with Santa but I ran across this while hunting through my digital pictures. It's hard to believe Sara was that little. She's now 7.

sara_xmas.jpg

...Anthus

xmasln7.gif

Mission #1

1. Participating: Emailed 10/28/07

2. Received Name:11/18/07 12:34AM

3. Mission Complete: Almost!!!

With all the flooding over here, I couldn't get to the PO!

Maybe in a day or so.

4. Santa Arrived

xmasln7.gif

Mission #2

1. Participating:Emailed 10/28/07

2. Received Name: 11/18/07 12:34AM

3. Mission Complete: Almost!!!

The road to the PO was closed because of flooding.

Maybe I can get to the PO in a day or so to mail it.

4. Santa Arrived

xmasln7.gif

I am driving in the left lane because the water on the road was to the top of the hub cap or higher in the right lane.

In the right bottom corner you can see the water kicked up my tire.

The deck of the bridge for the Seabeck Conference Center is almost covered.

12-3-07SeabeckFlood.jpg

I didn't realize that one's pets were open for Santa missions. My Bismarck would have liked to participated too.(he's such a good boy) Maybe next year.

If you would like for Bismarck to get a gift too then send me you address and I'll send something out. :lol:

Edited by Dolfy

1. Participating Sent YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT would hate to be on Santa Naughty List :D 10/28/07

2. Received Name - yep and doing some special shopping for this one :P

3. Mission Complete - have to say no :lol: still waiting on a few goodies, should go out in a few days :lol:

4. Santa Arrived

Edited by Frozen Buns

I received the most amazing package in the mail today. I have been saying wow for hours now. WOW!!!!!!

038a046b-c6fb-4e80-afa9-696f0a655243.jpg

Thank you so much whoever sent this to me! I am totally amazed & shocked. I never imagined I would ever own one of these coins. I saw one in a collection once. Now I can add it to mine! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edited to say: Did I say thank you?

Edited by dorkfish

I received the most amazing package in the mail today. I have been saying wow for hours now. WOW!!!!!!

038a046b-c6fb-4e80-afa9-696f0a655243.jpg

Thank you so much whoever sent this to me! I am totally amazed & shocked. I never imagined I would ever own one of these coins. I saw one in a collection once. Now I can add it to mine! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edited to say: Did I say thank you?

WOW, what an awesome gift to receive!!! It is in the hands of a very deserving person, congratulations !!!!

1. Participating-email sent 11/8

2. Received Name - 11/17, good they don't own the coins I've picked to give

3. Mission Complete - Packaged and goes in tomorrow's mail (12/4)

4. Santa Arrived - 12/3/2007

My package arrived today and I was like a little kid. Wait till Xmax? Open it now? Back and forth, back and forth, oh heck, I opened it. Out fell a ton of stuff, candy, pins, coins and a stocking all inside a card. It was like these folks knew we personally. Three weeks ago I hit 1500 caches, which by itself was great but in my Secret Santa package, was an engraved 1500 Finds coin with all my info on it and matching pin. These folks did their research. Also a World CITO coin, A Whale of a Coin, an RX Pill coin, a 2005 Xmas Coin, The Rubicon Brothers Coin and a couple of Earth Turtle pins. Thanks is just not enough, you are definitely Christmas Angels. You did a great job hiding who you were but I figured it. Thanks sooooooo much.

SecretSanta.jpg

Edited by fossillady

PengoFamily mission:

1. Participating Sent YES

2. Received Name - YES

3. Mission Complete - have to say no :) still waiting on a few coins

4. Santa Arrived

PengoBeky kid's mission:

1. Participating Sent YES

2. Received Name - YES

3. Mission Complete - have to say no <_< still waiting on a few coins

4. Santa Arrived

Secret Geocoin Santa II Mission:

:wub: :) :) :) :D :wub: :) :) :)

1. Participating

2. Received Name - November 18, 2007

3. Mission Complete - December 4, 2007

4. Santa Arrived

Pet's Secret Santa II Mission:

:D :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

1. Participating

2. Received Name - November 18, 2007

3. Mission Complete - December 4, 2007

4. Santa Arrived

Now, I can sit back and enjoy the rest of this holiday season :santa:

garfieldssnowman400.jpg

1. Participating - YES

2. Received Name - YES

3a. Mission Complete - yeppers on my mission!!! I hope they enjoy!!! too much fun!! :)

3b. Mission Complete - yeppers on my kids missions too....sent them out in separate packages to the same house...hope they arrive together!! LOL

4. Santa Arrived - Not yet but I love anticipation LOL :wub:

ps to Karma.....CONGRATS ON YOUR MYSTERY COIN!!! WOW!!! NOW I'M GOING TO BE SAYING IT FOR YOU LOL!!!!! YIPPEE!!! Are you bringing tonight to show it off?? :)

1. Participating...Yes

2. Name Received...Yes

3. Mission Complete...Package mailed 3/12/07

4. Santa Arrived...:wub: Yes, and a great surprise too :)

I put in for a joint mission for my two GeoKids, and they were sent a package each! :) I will have them this weekend so will give them their parckages and get some pics to post at a later date. Thanks to our "Secret Santa", you have well and truely outdone yourself

Thank You!!!

dog-christmas.jpg

:wub: This should make a lovely addition to someones Secret Santa package :) !

DSC_3634.jpg

It is very nice of you to part with this coin. You are going to make someones Christmas great.

This is nice, but this year's is not adoptable as the previous editions were. I was given one of these after my big tour of Groundspeak. :) Already sent it on traveling though!

:lol: WOOHOO!!! Breathe a sigh of relief.. I received it today Steinwalzer.. Whew, Thank you sooo much for all the goodies.. I snapped a few pics and will be posting them soon. You really outdid yourself.. Love all of it!!! Very cool! Happy Christmas to me! You Rock! B)

:santa: Glad you like it :D It was so much fun putting the mission together :D:santa:

Mission 1 (me):

1. Participating: Yes!

2. Received Name - Yes!

3. Mission Complete - Yes!

4. Santa Arrived - Not Yet

Mission 2 (Wife):

2. Received Name - Yes!

4. Santa Arrived - Yes! - Dec 4

Mission 3 (Son - Kid Mission):

2. Received Name - Yes!

My wife received her gift from Secret Santa yesterday...all the way from Portugal...some very neat stuff and very appreciated. Thank you Portugal Santa!!!

e49bc319-ac1b-433f-afc9-03ca0ecb4d72.jpg

1. Participating - check! :D

2. Received Name - check! B)

3. Mission Complete - check! B)

4. Santa Arrived - YES! :D:santa:B)

What a great SS package! I had someone at home open it for me and tell me what was inside... wow! SS, you outdid yourself!

I got a cool Christmas geocoin (2005 Caching in a Winter Wonderland) :santa:

Earth Turtle coin :lol:

The 2006 British Columbia coin I've really been wanting :D

and a Rubicon Brothers coin (totally cool since I be lovin' my Jeep! -and my Life Is Good ball cap, lol :D )

Not to mention the candy... mmmmmm, chocolate! :DB)

Man, I hope my, urm, recipient is as happy... some of the Secret Santas really make me feel a little inadequate :D

Thank You, Secret Santa!

Edited by earthrooster

REJOICE!

Two lucky vict...err... people have Secret Santa packages en-route. The lists were made, checked twice, and items obtained.

And nobody gets coal this year!

Unfortunately, my gift-wrapping skills are equivalent to those of a six year old (I am quite removed from that age!), so i did not wrap them. But you do still get to open packages!

Enjoy!

Mission #1

2. Received Name - Yes!

Mission #2

2. Received Name - Yes!

xmasln7.gif

Mission #1

1. Participating: Emailed 10/28/07

2. Received Name:11/18/07 12:34AM

3. Mission Complete: YES! Finally after 3 days they got the road to the PO open.

4. Santa Arrived

xmasln7.gif

Mission #2

1. Participating:Emailed 10/28/07

2. Received Name: 11/18/07 12:34AM

3. Mission Complete: YES! The road re-opened.

4. Santa Arrived

xmasln7.gif

Day 1: Some people just don't get it! What part of ROAD CLOSED did he not understand.

A few hours before a school bus got stuck as the road gave out and sank the left rear tires and they closed the road.

RedSUV.jpg

Day 2 Before the water receded there wasn't much of this Jeep left to view.

RedSUV-2.jpg

We are late in learning about this, but, we are in.... email is sent....

1. Participating- email sent 11/23/07

2. Received Name - rcvd 11/25/07 thanks...

3. Mission Complete- 1st sent 2nd in mail on 12/05

4. Santa Arrived - got it today, thank you so much. love the coins. will get picts here soon.....

scharm

1. Participating - email sent 11/5/07

2. Received Name - yes, on 11/18/07 (sorry, a little late posting here)

3. Mission Complete - yes, mailed on 12/06/07

4. Santa Arrived

Whew! Just under the wire. It took me a while to find just the right combination of goodies for my recipeint & family. Hope everyone enjoys everything!

Mission 1:

1. Participating: Yes! :(

2. Received Name - Yes! :D

3. Mission Complete - Yes! Mailed to the USA this Morning, Dec 7th :(

4. Santa Arrived -Yes!!! :D

Mission 2:

1. Participating: Yes! :D

2. Received Name - Yes! :santa:

3. Mission Complete - Yes! Mailed to the USA this Morning, Dec 7th :santa:

4. Santa Arrived - Not Yet :santa:

1. Participating: Yes

2. Received Name - Yes

4. Santa Arrived -Yes!!!

I got a package in the mail today and couldn't figure out what I could have ordered. Then realized it was my Secret Santa Mission....wow...that was fast. Inside were 6 wonderful coins. I don't know the names of them all but will be looking them up.

I got:

Double Dragon (was looking at this coin online but it was sold out)

Dear Santa (? We love Christmas coins)

Alabama Open Invitational (very, very nice coin)

Thanks for the cache (?)

2 Beaver Dude micros (one is a Christmas coin)

All great coins...thanks Lazer...great gift and I really appreciate it.

IMG_3103.JPG

IMG_3104.JPG

Edited by Theotokos

Mission #1

2. Received Name - Yes

4. Santa Arrived -Yes!!!

Mission #2

2. Received Name - Yes

4. Santa Arrived -not yet

Pet Mission

2. Received Name - Yes

4. Santa Arrived -Yes!!!

Today I recieved my first mission along with the pet mission. Thank You so much to our secret santa you did a great job with both missions. Kiyoshi loved all of his gifts. Right now I have my brothers dog as well so they were both very excited. You were very kind to my puppy Thank You for all of the wonderful things.

I also really enjoyed my gifts you really outdid yourself THANK YOU for everything it was very nice of you.

secretsanta001.jpg

secretsanta002.jpg

secretsanta003.jpg

secretsanta004.jpg