Secret Geocoin Santa II

dorkfish

It's a tad bit early, last year's Secret Mission started December 12th, but I know some folks are eager to get this year's Secret Geocoin Santa Mission started, so let the fun begin! :) I had so much fun being a participant last year and doing research afterwards to find out who my secret person was, lol. fox-and-the-hound made my Christmas so special by sending a really nice letter and some coins with great meaning behind them. 2007 really started out in a positive light because of them.

What do I need to do to become a Secret Geocoin Santa?

- you must be willing to send 3 geocoins to one participant.

- you must be a registered user in these forums with some history of postings.

- Secret Santa packages must be mailed no later than December 7th. I know December 7th may seem early, but I have a surprise up my sleeve and in order to make it happen all of the gifts must be mailed out by December 7th. :) Details about this will be included in the email you receive with your missions.

- feel free to be a Secret Geocoin Santa to as many individuals as you'd like.

How do I become a participant?

- Email the following information to SecretGeocoinSanta@yahoo.com:

Geocaching Name

Real Name

Address

Are you willing to mail outside your country?

Do you have a seeking list? If so, where. If not, are there any coins you'd like to own?

Hobbies, children, anything else you think your Secret Santa should know.

- Feel free to go the distance to make this a memorable experience for your secret person. Cards or personalized letters are very nice to receive. Small gifts for their kids or themselves is really special too.

- Please do not ask me to assign you a certain individual, the missions will be assigned at random.

Important dates:

- I will be distributing missions on 3 seperate occasions. When you send me your information, I will send a brief email reply letting you know I received your request. You will not receive your secret mission until a later date. Please see the timeline below:

Requests received between ----------------- Will receive their mission on

October 28th - November 16th --------------- November 17th

November 17th - November 23rd ------------ November 24th

November 24th - November 30th ----------- December 1st

- All mission packages must be mailed no later than December 7th. If your recipient lives outside your country it may be a good idea to mail their package by November 30th, just to be safe.

Posting in the forums

- I know that sometimes things happen and someone may inadvertently forget to mail their package. In order to make sure everyone receives a geocoin package, I am asking each of you to either post your progress here in the forums or email me privately at SecretGeocoinSanta@yahoo.com. I am more than happy to put a bug in someone's ear :)

- ** PLEASE report this information on your Progress:

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Santa Arrived

I think that's it. If I left off any information or if my above description is confusing please let me know. Thanks for letting me host this year's Secret Geocoin Santa Missions!!!!

Edited by dorkfish

Sign me up!!!! I am excited to do two missions!! While I am at it does anyone know the best pay to package slurpees and nachos :) ?

Mission 1

1. Participating - Email Sent

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Santa Arrived

Mission 2

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Santa Arrived

Edited by Damenace

I forgot to mention that I would be willing to send two missions in my e-mail Do I need to send you that info too?

Mission # 1

1. Participating e-mail sent - 10/28/2007 :)

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Santa Arrived

Mission # 2

1. Participating e-mail sent 10/28/2007 :)

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Santa Arrived

CF30

do I need to change my avitar to a x-mas themed crow?

Sign me up!!!! I am excited to do two missions!! While I am at it does anyone know the best pay to package slurpees and nachos :) ?

Mission 1

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Santa Arrived

Mission 2

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Santa Arrived

For clarification purposes: some of you may or may not know that I am selling most of my coins on Ebay, therefore non of my lists are current and never will be.

Any coins received from these missions will be drilled, lock attached and released into the wild to travel under Boo_Boo's account. She will have sole responsibility to decide what the missions will be and what to name them.

So with that being said, whoever ends up with my name, it does not matter to us as this is more about giving than receiving :) .

Thanks Karma, we are definitely in B) !

B) Mission 1: OshnDoc

1. Participating - 10/28/07

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Santa Arrived

B) Mission 2: TEAM OshnDoc, which includes Straight-Arrow, Little-Fox, APrincess and DocPT as well

1. Participating - 10/28/07

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Santa Arrived

(edited for spaces in post)

Edited by OshnDoc

Participating with 2 missions:

Mission 1:

1. Participating - email sent 10/29/07

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Santa Arrived

Mission 2:

1. Participating - email sent 10/29/07

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Santa Arrived

Geez guys, I would LOVE to participate, but I have no idea what the future has in store for me! I do have a few coins I would be willing to use, but I'd hate to not be able to make someone's day by not having the right coins!

How long do I have to make a decision??

I guess until November 30th!

Don't worry, I guess a few coins are enough. I don't have much coins to trade, but was able to do two great trades for the Thanksgiving mission and got two great coins from the seeking list of my secret person. And I guess nobody here would be angry if you don't get them their three most wanted coins. Make a nice package, decorate it, you could add some home-made christmas decoration, and it will be a great mission B)

I forgot to mention that I would be willing to send two missions in my e-mail Do I need to send you that info too?

Mission # 1

1. Participating e-mail sent - 10/28/2007 B)

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Santa Arrived

Mission # 2

1. Participating e-mail sent 10/28/2007 B)

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Santa Arrived

CF30

do I need to change my avitar to a x-mas themed crow?

Nope, I'll make a note of it. B)

edited for typo

Edited by dorkfish