downloading to Garmin GPSMap 76C

GeoMeerkats

When I downloaded geocaches to the unit from geocaching.com, they used to show up in both the geocache folder and the waypoints folder. Each geocache would have the treasure chest symbol and the name of the cache in the notes section of the display. When I found the cache, I could click enter and the symbol would change from the closed chest to an open chest. The geocache would disappear from the geocache folder, but remain in the waypoints folder. Now, for some unknown reason, it doesn't do that anymore. It just downloads them as waypoints, with a blue dot for a symbol, no notes, no name, nothing. GCXXX doesn't really mean a lot to me, it's much easier to go by the name of the cache. I've been through all the setup options in the menu, tried to change symbols, looked through the owner's manual, Garmin website, geocaching.com, did a Google search. I haven't found an answer. Obviously I changed something in the settings so it's not doing what it used to do, but I'm at a loss to know what. Can anyone help?

My sister had the same problem with her Garmin Legend. I'll email her this thread. I think she found another thread on this, but I'm not sure if she found a resolution?

Thanks sissa... Yes I am having the same problem, it started about a month ago and a bunch of other people are experiencing the same thing. The good news is that it's a known issue and in the works for a fix, hopefully soon. I have been downloading, then changing the flag to a geocache chest (which puts it in your geocache menu so you can click Found and open the chest!) and then changing the note "Geocache" to the name of the cache. (While I'm in there I add a note for the difficulty/terrain ratings and size - love to go paperless.)

Here's the thread...

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=173730&hl=