Any word on a 60CSx successor?

My 60CSx is less than a year old, and I kept my Etrex Legend for 2 yrs before upgrading that, so it'll be a while for me.

I like what I'm reading about the sensitivity of the new chipset in the Garmin 'H' series. BUT, if I had to buy one today, I'd probably go with the 60CSx again - I really dislike the click-stick on the Etrex series.

I heard that Garmin is coming out with the GPSMap85SSS before the end of the year. It has a SIRF generation VI receiver. It is super thin and light with a large 4 in screen. It has sensitivity to 1 ft. SS is for super sensitive. S is for solar, so it needs no batteries.

The 85 represents the number of holes in the integrated cheese grater. For a few extra dollars you can upgrade to the GPSMap85SSSCO. The CO stands for the optional can opener, a much needed upgrade for the camping enthusiasts. Finally the top of the line upgrade is the GPSMap85SSSCOTPD. The TPD has a clever functionality, where a spike can be deployed from the body of the unit. Thus allowing the unit to be stuck into the bark of a tree to receive the needed solar energy to charge the unit’s batteries. Once stuck into a tree the TPD functionality comes into play. A roll of toilet paper can be hung over the unit making it a handy Toilet Paper Dispenser.

I heard that Garmin is coming out with the GPSMap85SSS before the end of the year. It has a SIRF generation VI receiver. It is super thin and light with a large 4 in screen. It has sensitivity to 1 ft. SS is for super sensitive. S is for solar, so it needs no batteries.

The 85 represents the number of holes in the integrated cheese grater. For a few extra dollars you can upgrade to the GPSMap85SSSCO. The CO stands for the optional can opener, a much needed upgrade for the camping enthusiasts. Finally the top of the line upgrade is the GPSMap85SSSCOTPD. The TPD has a clever functionality, where a spike can be deployed from the body of the unit. Thus allowing the unit to be stuck into the bark of a tree to receive the needed solar energy to charge the unit’s batteries. Once stuck into a tree the TPD functionality comes into play. A roll of toilet paper can be hung over the unit making it a handy Toilet Paper Dispenser.

There is one word of caution - the controls for the VCS are very sensitive. Make sure the Video Capture System is NOT active while using the TPD!