Palm M500 Desktop software

gramz

I've purchased a Palm M500 on ebay to make the move to paperless. But now I'm wondering if I'm going to need a CD to install Palm Desktop software on my PC? The Palm I purchased did not come with a CD or a Hotsync cable. I've purchased the cable and it's on its way. I'm trying to line everything else up to be ready ASAP, but this part has got me stumped. Sounds like I will need this software to install Cachemate to my palm???

I've purchased a Palm M500 on ebay to make the move to paperless. But now I'm wondering if I'm going to need a CD to install Palm Desktop software on my PC? The Palm I purchased did not come with a CD or a Hotsync cable. I've purchased the cable and it's on its way. I'm trying to line everything else up to be ready ASAP, but this part has got me stumped. Sounds like I will need this software to install Cachemate to my palm???

I believe you will need the Palm Desktop to perform a hotsync. You can d-load it from palm.com here:

http://www.palm.com/us/software/desktop/

You will need cachemate also:

http://www.smittyware.com/palm/cachemate/

It's the best $8.00 you'll spend this month. It changes your pocket querys from .gpx files to .pda so your Palm can read them.

Now you're ready!

It's the best $8.00 you'll spend this month....

Just to be crystal clear: that is a ONE TIME charge for CacheMate, Not a Monthly charge.

Or you could not get it at all. Sunrise XP & Plucker will handle GSAK HTML exports nicely, and the only program you need to pay for is GSAK, but you'll probably need it anyway for Cachemate. But then again I'm a tightwad. :(

Cachemate, and everything else, can be installed other ways. PInstall will do it, or you can get a cheap card reader (~$10) and transfer everything directly to an SD card, put it in your Palm, and you're ready. Either put it in the \Palm\Launcher folder on the card, or put it anywhere and use either FileProg, Filez, or UniCMD to copy from the card to the handheld. All are freeware file managers, and available on Palmgear or most other Palm software sites. There are literally thosands of Palm programs available that will do almost anything you can imagine, many of them free, or if shareware, pretty cheap.