System Time / Date

Huntcliff

Is the Geocaching time/date off by 12 hours. It doesn't seem to flip from "yesterday" to "today" until noon (Pacific Coast time). I see this on a the "search for nearest caches" link from my account page. My profile is set to Pacific time (GMT-8 hours)

If this is already being addressed, this can be deleted.

I guess its not being addressed. Ive complained about it too. It makes you wonder if these things even get read.

Is the Geocaching time/date off by 12 hours. It doesn't seem to flip from "yesterday" to "today" until noon (Pacific Coast time). I see this on a the "search for nearest caches" link from my account page. My profile is set to Pacific time (GMT-8 hours)

Yes it does appear to be as you say, and affects the "Last Found" dates in all "Seek Geocache" searches and has only been like this since last website changes I believe. Here in the UK it's even worse because "yesterday" doesn't start until 8pm GMT = 12 noon PCT, rather than at 8am as it used to. So both yesterday's finds and today's finds are shown as "today" until 8pm.

Interestingly, though, it only seems to affect caches logged through main website. Yesterday I logged one cache through main website, and this is still showing as last found "today", but I also logged six others using wap.geocaching.com and they have already changed to "yesterday" at 8am GMT as they all always used to.

Also "Yesterday" and "x days ago" last found dates are affected in exactly the same way ie not incremented until 12 noon PCT.

It's clearly changed and needs fixing - perhaps TPTB can at least acknowledge that it's on their "to do" list please??