Cheap Gekos £29.99

A new Aldi has opened today in Leigh and one of the special opening offers is the Garmin Geko at £29.99 instead if the usual £79.99.

Ideal for anyone wanting a cheap back up gpsr.

Will all the Aldi stores have the same deal, or just the new store, and any idea which Geko it is? I'm in Sweden, but have friends in the London area who could pick it up for me and ship it to me, but I'd like to know the model if possible, and if it's at all Aldi or not!

Thanks in advance!

Naomi :huh:

Very thoughtful Liane, but I've since gone and got myself a Mio P350!

The Geko is very good, if anyone is considering one. Mine survived a full wash cycle last week, only to be smashed to smithereens when I left it on the roof of my car, from whence it leapt to its doom on a busy A505.

Very thoughtful Liane, but I've since gone and got myself a Mio P350!

The Geko is very good, if anyone is considering one. Mine survived a full wash cycle last week, only to be smashed to smithereens when I left it on the roof of my car, from whence it leapt to its doom on a busy A505.

Sad to hear of its demise!!! :anicute: My Geko will be heartbroken -_-

Do you still have the bike mount on offer or was it taken?

A new Aldi has opened today in Leigh and one of the special opening offers is the Garmin Geko at £29.99 instead if the usual £79.99.

Ideal for anyone wanting a cheap back up gpsr.

Not sure it has to be relegated to "cheap back up". My Geko 201 is the only GPSr I own. While it does have some limitations, it does everything I need with great efficiency, and it's a lovely little machine. Highly recommended.

I see they've all sold out from the store mentioned, but next time you see any at a good price, don't hesitate to pick one up. Milletts sell these things at £120+!

Lee

I love my Geko 201. It's smaller, lighter and easier to use than an Etrex, CSX, or whatever. Whilst caching with others in Birmingham over the weekend it was more reliable than two other much more techy and expensive GPS's, which kept taking us off in the wrong direction!!! :D

It was bargain price of £80 in discontinued stock in a local outdoor shop. :D If you see one going cheap, grab it, they are great as a first GPS till you decide whether you are addicted. :laughing:

There is a new Aldi opening in Swansea soon, will get my mum to keep her eyes open for the Opening offers. Be a good pressie for James's mum as we introduced her to Geocaching in Portugal in Feb and she enjoyed!

My local Aldi (N Bristol) has 201s at 69.99 = or at least it did on Friday!

Is that a good price?

There is a new Aldi opening in Swansea soon, will get my mum to keep her eyes open for the Opening offers. Be a good pressie for James's mum as we introduced her to Geocaching in Portugal in Feb and she enjoyed!

Is that a good price?

It's a very good price for a 201 - but it's the price Aldi have been selling them at all year......

Is that a good price?

It's a very good price for a 201 - but it's the price Aldi have been selling them at all year......

You really know to to trump a guy! :yikes:

Not quite £29.99, but this place has very good prices!

EBay - GPSOnlineShop

Dont be put off by the 'phoning with card details' which on first inspection looks a little dodgy. I tried it and had no problem (That was a Geko 201 back in the summer).

Following that i'm 'hoping' to get a Vista HCx on tuesday and it would be a complete surprise :yikes:

Either way, great quick service and decent prices!