Change title and icon for caches and TBs

roolku

After this post I tried a few things and came up with a way to change the page icon (favicon) to the appropriate cache icon in addition to changing the title. I then applied the same mechanism to the TB/coin pages. This makes the tabs much more recognisable and distinguishable at first glance:

tabdemo.gif

Here are the scripts if you like the idea.

- install CacheTitle

- install TBTitle

I have changed the title display to only show the cache/tb name, but it is easily amendable in the script by concatenating the elements ar[1], ar[2] etc which contain the components from the original title.

Hi Roolku, cheers for that! :lol: That's much easier to read :huh:

You say you can alter the script....

....but it is easily amendable in the script by concatenating the elements ar[1], ar[2] etc which contain the components from the original title.

....How do I alter it slightly so that it can show the GC***** waypoint code? (sorry, don't know much at all about scripts) :huh:

Cheers :o

How do I alter it slightly so that it can show the GC***** waypoint code? (sorry, don't know much at all about scripts) :huh:

- right-click on the little monkey in the statusbar and select "Manage user script"

- select "Cache Title" in the list on the left and click the "Edit" button on the bottom left

- this will open a text editor (probably notepad) - scroll down to the end

- the last line reads:

favicon.change("http://www.geocaching.com/images/WptTypes/sm/"+icon+".gif", ar[4]);

- if you only want to display the GC code, replace ar[4] with: ar[1]

- if you want to display both with a hyphen inbetween replace ar[4] with: ar[1]+" - "+ar[4]

- if you want the code after the name in brackets replace ar[4] with: ar[4]+" ("+ar[1]+")"

and so on (you get the idea).

Save the file and close the editor. Bingo.

How do I alter it slightly so that it can show the GC***** waypoint code? (sorry, don't know much at all about scripts) :huh:

- right-click on the little monkey in the statusbar and select "Manage user script"

- select "Cache Title" in the list on the left and click the "Edit" button on the bottom left

- the last line reads:

favicon.change("http://www.geocaching.com/images/WptTypes/sm/"+icon+".gif", ar[4]);

- if you want to display both with a hyphen inbetween replace ar[4] with: ar[1]+" - "+ar[4]

- if you want the code after the name in brackets replace ar[4] with: ar[4]+" ("+ar[1]+")"

Cheers Roolku, that worked a treat :lol:

I'd almost sorted it, but thought I might need a fancy editor to change the script.

Thanks again. :huh:

- the last line reads:

Cool! :huh:

It may seem obvious to some, but you can also edit the TB title version to give the code and name - replace ar[3] with ar[1]+" - "+ar[3] (Still the last line, which reads

favicon.change(icon, ar[3])

Anyone know where GM stores the scripts as I can't get a text editor to open for some reason :(

Well in Linux it's in

.mozilla/firefox/v6brsoxo.default/gm_scripts

so under Windows I'd guess somewhere like

My Documents/Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/v6brsoxo.default/gm_scripts

note that the v6brsoxo bit will be different for you

Anyone know where GM stores the scripts as I can't get a text editor to open for some reason :(

You might, like me, have to associate the file type with a program. I just used Word but you could use Notepad. :(

so under Windows I'd guess somewhere like

My Documents/Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/v6brsoxo.default/gm_scripts

Hah! Got it :(

I was looking under Program Files and never thought of Application Data so thanks for that :laughing:

You might, like me, have to associate the file type with a program. I just used Word but you could use Notepad. :(

It already seems to be but FF was unable to launch the program which is a HTML writing program. I think I know why though :laughing:

Edited by dino-irl

I have updated the scripts to work again after the changes to the website. There is also a script that moves the "my inventory" list of trackables to the top right, replacing the profile box that only has redundant info anyway.

myinventory.png

install MyInventory

Let me know if there are any problems.

Edited by roolku

Nice one, roolku. Unfortunately, I can only see one of our archived cache (and never sent to the reviewer) on the "My Inventory Box".

Ah, I didn't realise there could be other "lists" on the page (I don't have such a cache). Can you try the updated version (from the same link) and see if it fixes it?

Cheers

Roolku

Anyone got a firefox script to hide the benchmark link from the Geocaching main page - (http://www.geocaching.com/my/benchmarks.aspx)

It's only useful in America after all. We are not going to find any near by so lets get rid!

Please!

I can't say it bothers me, but a very basic Greasemonkey script will do the job :ph34r: :

http://www.dna-software.co.uk/byebyebenchmarks.user.js

David