Geocaching near water

Dizzley

I just saw the following log on a cache I am watching:

I attempted to tap the paper out which it did and shot out of my hand and rolled into the water.

Firstly I felt a pang of sympathy, then I laughed my ar$e off! :huh:

Sometimes it seems that the elements conspire against us - especially water. Any more stories of personal experience?

Going back a while but i remember this one Anatomy for Geocachers - eighth lesson and the log by Hazels

I remember it as i was talking to her on the phone ( bit of a pAF) whilst the others in her group were chasing the log book down the river :laughing

Edited by bargee

I just saw the following log on a cache I am watching:

I attempted to tap the paper out which it did and shot out of my hand and rolled into the water.

Firstly I felt a pang of sympathy, then I laughed my ar$e off! :huh:

Sometimes it seems that the elements conspire against us - especially water. Any more stories of personal experience?

Going back a while but i remember this one Anatomy for Geocachers - eighth lesson and the log by Hazels

I remember it as i was talking to her on the phone ( bit of a pAF) whilst the others in her group were chasing the log book down the river :laughing

God, I remember that day.... that was probbaly the funniest "loss of log" incident I've experienced!

Visiting Andrea's Smile on the Isle of Skye some years ago, the cache container fell in the river as I was writing the log - that was the last I saw of it.....

Nice one!

I'm reminded that the UK lost quite a few caches in this year's floods. - The least of anyone's worries.

What about the other elements: Earth, Wind and Fire?

Oooh! I feel like going all disco. Boogie Wonderlaaaand! :D

I'm reminded that the UK lost quite a few caches in this year's floods. - The least of anyone's worries.

What about the other elements: Earth, Wind and Fire?

Fire has destroyed this cache

Fire

6ac39b4b-0118-447d-9417-ae182bb290ed.jpg

Melted cache infront of the stone

Replaced as a Phoenix rises from the ashes.

This cache GCWRDD survived a major fire

ac056131-c30c-44b0-8a8d-fffdf884bc02.jpg

2102b9cb-eb08-4b01-8932-cf3c62504893.jpg

This was our first cache, there was a lot of fires around this area and was talking to the cache owner as we were concerned.