miles not showing up

NightShift79

when you log that you've dropped a tb in a cache, a lot of information is then shown on the tb's page near your log. part of that information is the miles (or km's) it has moved from where you picked it up at to where you dropped it off. i know from moving bugs in the past that it takes a day or so before that information is generated and posted on the page, but we recenly dropped a couple of bugs and even tho its been almost 5 days since we logged them, there is still no miles shown from our drop. does anyone know why this is? just curious!

This is just based on my observation of my bugs and bugs I have moved.

When logging bugs it only seems to update the mileage if I'm logging it with today's date. If I'm behind in logging, like I am this week, and still logging weekend activity the bugs do not show the mileage. This corrects itself later when someone picks up the bug/coin and places it with today's date.

On my bugs I occasionally go through and select update mileage to correct this.

When logging bugs it only seems to update the mileage if I'm logging it with today's date.

so youre saying that unless i log my tb drop on todays exact date, it wont update itself? if i log in and post a drop on the 2nd, but i'm logging it for the 1st, it wont update itself at all? ever?

When logging bugs it only seems to update the mileage if I'm logging it with today's date.

so youre saying that unless i log my tb drop on todays exact date, it wont update itself? if i log in and post a drop on the 2nd, but i'm logging it for the 1st, it wont update itself at all? ever?

Based on my experience with my bugs and coins this does appear to be the pattern. I can't answer the ever question as I usually am impatient and select the update mileage when I see one that has not updated.

Based on my experience with my bugs and coins this does appear to be the pattern. I can't answer the ever question as I usually am impatient and select the update mileage when I see one that has not updated.

i see what you're saying but this doesnt work with travel bugs that arent my own. you cant 'update mileage' on bugs you dont own. (and by 'update mileage' i assume you mean 'recalculate distance'? am i right?)

by the way, the travellers in question are TB13BEC and TB190BQ.

and i actually have this same problem with one of my own travel bugs (some mileage not showing up and therefore not adding to its total journey) and before i even posted here i've hit the recalculate distance button a bunch of times, but it still didnt make the new miles show. i've already had an email inquiry put in to the website about that one and they've since mailed me back saying they'll see what they can do, but its been quite a while now and its still not fixed. so i dont know. seems like a glitch in the system?

**side note**: i just checked my own travel bug (TB197QW) and there have been some happenings...although exactly what happened doesnt make much sense. if you look at travel bug pages, the miles the bug puts on when moving from cache to cache listed on the right hand side of the page only get added on when someone DROPS a bug. if they have only retrieved it but not yet dropped it, there is obviously no miles to be logged because it technically hasnt MOVED yet. its still in transit until the holder drops it. so why then, on my bug page, does it list a movement of 279.1 kms by skyrattlers before it has been dropped by them? it is still in their hands, not moved yet, but somehow it gained 280 kms without going anywhere???

i've really had tons of issues with travel bug mileage in the past little while and i really dont understand why. i hope someone out there has some answers for this kind of thing, because it doesnt make any sense to me.

Edited by CowntyCupl