http://www.gpscity.ca/

In before the lock!

"This forum is intended only for personal selling or giving away of geocaching related items. No company or business postings/advertising are allowed."

Oh sorry, I thought I was just being helpful. I can remove the post - if I can figure it out.

Don't worry, the prohibition against ads on this fourm only applies if you own the advertized site, or personnally gain from the advertizing. Genuine reviews of retailers are usually welcome.

And the prices don't seem that great. A few years ago when the exchange was better, i would have been jumping in my car and going to get one now. Yet with us = canada dollar, it isn't that great. Look on amazon.com, the free shipping is nice too.

Unfortunately in Canada we can't buy from amazon.com and amazon.ca does not carry electronics. In general our increasing dollar has not led to a decrease in prices. I think the primary reason for this is that in reality our dollar has not increased in value at all (relative to most currencies in the world), but the US dollar has decreased in value. Eventually the prices will even out. In the meantime I'm split between buying from gpscity.ca (or signal.ca which is a local company so I may pay a little extra and buy from them) or going down to the states and buying somewhere down there (Walmart?) Probably depends upon whether I want to wait until our next trip south, or just get a new gps now.

I started a topic under the Canada section. I'm trying to find the best deal on a 60Cx. I found gpsmart and gpscentral. Not great prices compared to the US but there are no shipping fees or customs clearance fees. GPSmart had the better price, GPScentral won't have the 8% PST and will match the others price. I'm leaning towards them right now.

I live in Canada too. When shopping for my Vista Cx about a year ago I looked at all the abovementioned websites as well as local stores for best prices.. I wound up buying mine from Radio World www.radioworld.ca . They had the best price on the GPSr, but I believe I went to GPScity.ca for the City Navigator software for the best price on that..

Hope that helps a fellow Canadian :rolleyes: