How many people would buy them?

gebskab

I was just thinking about something that geocaching.com/Groundspeak might think about doing. I received an email from the company that makes my personal checks and thought how great it would be to offer checks with a geocaching theme. I have been getting checks from "Checks Unlimited.com" for many years because I didn't like the generic ones from the bank. They could use any company and have check pads with 4 or 5 different background images printed. I'm thinking these would be a hit and I was curious? Would you buy them? Let Groundspeak know by responding to this post.

Edited by gebskab

I was just thinking about something that geocaching.com/Groundspeak might think about doing. I received an email from the company that makes my personal checks and thought how great it would be to offer checks with a geocaching theme. I have been getting checks from "Checks Unlimited.com" for many years because I didn't like the generic ones from the bank. They could use any company and have check pads with 4 or 5 different background images printed. I'm thinking these would be a hit and I was curious? Would you buy them? Let Groundspeak know by responding to this post.

First, what is a "personal check"?

Next, and more importantly, what does this have to do with goats?

Lastly, I am feeling a bit thirsty, and the co-occurring thread in this forum on blood banks is making me even thirstier. So, let me get to the point: Where is the nearest blood bank, how much blood do they typically keep on hand, and how well is the blood bank guarded at night?

Personal check? What's that?

Oh, wait. I vaguely remember back in the '80s of having those. Oh, yes, we ordered some new ones a couple of weeks ago to update personal information. It had been so long from a previous order (like a decade or more), the bank gave us 500 for free - tough to compete against "free."

Hmmm. Don't think I'd buy them, what with banking online, debit card, and free replacements.

Since I do all my banking online, this wouldn't be useful to me.

Same here save for the water bill as they don't have that ability. We just use the free checks from the bank.

But, if I were to pursue this line of merchandise I'd go for a more generic design. Kids rummaging through a cache with giddy looks on their cherub faces. A nice couple in hiking garb, maybe with faithful dog sitting by their side, on a ridge enjoying a sunset. A low shot of a group of adventuring souls deep in a forest, GPS in hand while looking where apparently the arrow is pointing. A van full of folks, the side door slid open, one guy lifting a skirt of a lamp post with nano (too small to be seen) held up to show the rest of the group. Stuff like that.

First, what is meant by 'geocaching' checks? is this pictures of geocaches, geocachers, GX and Groundspeak logos, great views from specific caches???

Second, Like Ambrosia I already have outdoor themed checks... of course I've been on the same box for like two years now :) . I often pay with cache, or if sending payment via post get a money order made up (if you want to know why look up wheresgeorge.com). If I actually do send a check is usually because I was expecting to be too busy to visit the bank anytime soon.

It's a possiblity. However, like everyone else is saying with electronic bill pay I rarely write checks anymore. My last check order was over 3 years ago and that was for 250 checks. Since then my bank was bought out by another bank right after I made the purchase. They said I can keep using the old checks until I run out. I think I have about 75 to go. So, my next purchase would last a long time. What ever the theme is it's got to be a good one.

Are the OP and I the only ones who still support the US postal service

Let me tell you how to support the USPS.

Everyone here gets plenty of credit card offers in the mail. Enclosed in those offers are PREPAID ENVELOPES. Using said envelops, mail the offers from Company A BACK to Company B, after you tear out any identifying information of course. Heck, even send them back their own envelops EMPTY. The bottom line is, the company you send the PREPAID envelops back to still has to pay the postage for the crap you send them. And it helps slow down the time between postage rate increases.

Everyone here gets plenty of credit card offers in the mail. Enclosed in those offers are PREPAID ENVELOPES. Using said envelops, mail the offers from Company A BACK to Company B, after you tear out any identifying information of course. Heck, even send them back their own envelops EMPTY. The bottom line is, the company you send the PREPAID envelops back to still has to pay the postage for the crap you send them. And it helps slow down the time between postage rate increases.

No, really. It's true.

Will it still work if you tape the prepaid envelope to a brick? :blink:

Will it still work if you tape the prepaid envelope to a brick? :unsure:

Make it better....stick the brick in a large box filled with packing, and place the label on the outside. Perhaps a LARGE box :ph34r:

The checks sound awesome to me. Perhaps different images (IE: GC Logo, Signal, Ammo Cans, etc.)

Will it still work if you tape the prepaid envelope to a brick? :lol:

It's always worth a try. I knew that I had recently received an email outlining the whole process, so I looked for it, and here it is:

(3) Junk Mail Help:

When you get 'ads' enclosed with your phone or utility bill, return these 'ads' with your payment. Let the sending companies throw their own junk mail away.

When you get those 'pre-approved' letters in the mail foreverything from credit cards to 2nd mortgages and similar type junk, do not throw away the return envelope. Most of these come with postage-paid return envelopes, right? It costs them more than the regular 37 cents postage 'IF' and when they receive

them back.

It costs them nothing if you throw them away! The postage was around 50 cents before the last increase and it is according to the weight. In that case, why not get rid of some of your other junk mail and put it in these cool little, postage-paid return envelopes.

One of Andy Rooney's (60 minutes) ideas.

Send an ad for your local chimney cleaner to American Express. Send a pizza coupon to Citibank. If you didn't get anything else that day, then just send them their blank application back! If you want to remain anonymous, just make sure your name isn't on anything you send them.

You can even send the envelope back empty if you want to just to keep

them guessing! It still costs them 37 cents.

The banks and credit card companies are currently getting a lot of their own junk back in the mail, but folks, we need to OVERWHELM them. Let's let them know what it's like to get lots of junk mail, and best of all

they're paying for it...Twice!

Let's help keep our postal service busy since they are saying that e-mail is cutting into their business profits, and that's why they need to increase postage costs again You get the idea !

If enough people follow these tips, it will work ---- I have been doing this for years, and I get very little junk mail anymore.

Now, it is worth noting that this must be somewhat OLD, as it still says 37 cents, but I think you all get the drift. Let's slam em with their own crap!!!!

Been doin somethin similar to this for years. I mail their junk back to them in their envelopes...any I can make it fit. I always hope it hits them with postage due. A great way to get off their mailing lists.

Back on topic (kinda) I might use them if I were paying my bills, but MrsSQ does it and she does everything electronically. If it were up tome I'd use checks via the USPS until the banks refused to honor them. I hate doing business electronically. Which seem sodd since I've been an IT professional fro 26 years. On the other hand, I've seen first hand how bank IT systems work! :lol::)