Want a GPS For Christmas?

For my 50th I bought myself the new Garmin Etrex Vista HCx that was just released in Spring'07. What a great improvement over our adaquate Etrex Legend B&W. The receiver is MUCH stronger; as good as the 60 CSx. Color is great. The refresh speed on the screen is fantastic. All the early software bugs have been worked out. Compass and barometer for smoother elevation profiles. And the price was OK ~$230. I went through Amazon so I could bundle it with City Navigator NT DVD and some other acessories.

To say whether I'm worthy is up for question, but I'll play along <_<

I guess the model that would be compatible with what we already have and make the most sense would be the Rino® 530HCx (although I suspect that my lovely spouse would appropriate something like this since it has the built in weather radio :antenna: )

But probably the unit of my dreams, particularly after drowning my Rhino on the Oddysey Series of Caches, and having to rely on Sgt Stitches Garmin, would be the more rugged GPSMAP® 60CSx

Either way, I'm sure it will be a great Christmas :)

I am perfectly happy with my current GPSr. Also my spousal unit is absolutely perfect! She looks good, cooks good, and is often surprised if I am not out with Photom on any given Saturday. What more could a man ask for?!?!? :huh:

Well maybe a Garmin GPS MAP60Cx that auto updates the maps every time you turn it on, one with Bluetooth so files could be transfered automatically from a PDA, one that automatically removes the icons of caches that have been found from a a friend's Magellan. But I digress........... :huh:

Just remember if she asks, Bill, the stuff I said about her cookin' and lookin", OK? :lol:

I'm single so Santa can show up on my doorstep at most anytime of the year. Back in April he brought me a GPSMAP 76CSx with City Navigator and TOPO maps. It does most of the work as I wander to and fro throughout the caching realm. I'm quite happy with it. :huh: Having the keypad above the display works out just fine - you retain a good grip when using it singlehanded. The old eMap I had, with the keypad at the bottom, always worked best with both hands. Rumor has it that the 76CSx floats although I haven't tried it.

I had spouse ver. 1.0 for 14 years and nearly upgraded to spouse ver. 2.0 after most of a decade without. Unfortunately, the installation process failed and I remain spouseless.

My very big wish for Santa this year is a laptop so I can go on road trips of extended duration with GSAK and a wireless connection. In retirement I'm consider a month long caching expedition through several western states. Stop at Starbucks to log in to GC.com and the email. Who knows...

Edited by geokitebuggy