Why does find page list unfound caches also?

Artcollide

I’m using the 60CSx. After finding a cache, I highlight the word found and press enter. The user manual says to press the find button twice to bring up the caches that you have found that day. After getting back home I looked to see which ones I found. A list of five caches came up on this find screen. I thought that’s not correct. I only found two. Then I noticed the treasure chest icon was open (never paid any attention to this before) on the first two caches, but closed on the other three. Why does the caches I found page in my GPS show up like this? I would think that only the caches I found would show up. It seems to show other caches close by in the area that I did not find.

I’m using the 60CSx. After finding a cache, I highlight the word found and press enter. The user manual says to press the find button twice to bring up the caches that you have found that day. After getting back home I looked to see which ones I found. A list of five caches came up on this find screen. I thought that’s not correct. I only found two. Then I noticed the treasure chest icon was open (never paid any attention to this before) on the first two caches, but closed on the other three. Why does the caches I found page in my GPS show up like this? I would think that only the caches I found would show up. It seems to show other caches close by in the area that I did not find.

There is a bug (IMO) in the Geocache mode, where when you use the NEXT option after registering a find, it doesn't add the next waypoint to the Most Recent list.

As a work-around, just go to the calendar entry for that day. It will list all the caches you marked as found for that day.

Edited by Prime Suspect

"Recent Finds" is not intended to be a list of your recently found Geocaches. Instead, think of it as your "History" in your web browser. Recent Finds are the items you have looked at on your GPSr and not necessarily the places you have physically been to.

"Recent Finds" is a slightly confusing name. Pressing FIND FIND on your 60CSx lists the "last 50 items you have searched for or gone to recently." (Page 18)

If you select a POI or waypoint on your 60CSx and review the detailed information about it (by pressing enter), that item will be added to the "Recent Finds" list.

I cleared my recent finds list and then went to my waypoints list, selected a waypoint, and pressed enter. Then I pressed FIND FIND and that waypoint was the only one listed in the "Recent Finds" list.

Hope that explains what's going on.

Edited by JEDI-6

"Recent Finds" is not intended to be a list of your recently found Geocaches. Instead, think of it as your "History" in your web browser. Recent Finds are the items you have looked at on your GPSr and not necessarily the places you have physically been to.

"Recent Finds" is a slightly confusing name. Pressing FIND FIND on your 60CSx lists the "last 50 items you have searched for or gone to recently." (Page 18)

If you select a POI or waypoint on your 60CSx and review the detailed information about it (by pressing enter), that item will be added to the "Recent Finds" list.

I cleared my recent finds list and then went to my waypoints list, selected a waypoint, and pressed enter. Then I pressed FIND FIND and that waypoint was the only one listed in the "Recent Finds" list.

Hope that explains what's going on.

Oh crap!!! Last weekend I went out for the very first time caching with others. We went to numerous places. I don't remember exactly how many we actually found. But I did use the find page to log those. Big OOPs. How do I unlog finds that I didn't actually find? Do you think the cache police are coming after me. :)

There is a bug (IMO) in the Geocache mode, where when you use the NEXT option after registering a find, it doesn't add the next waypoint to the Most Recent list.

As a work-around, just go to the calendar entry for that day. It will list all the caches you marked as found for that day.

So the find page is useless. :) I didn't realize the calendar showed the found caches. Thanks.

Edited by Artcollide

So the find page is useless. :huh: I didn't realize the calendar showed the found caches. Thanks.

If you want all your caches to show up in the Recent Find list, just do this: After you've clicked the Found button on the first cache, instead of choosing Next, choose the Stop button. Then go back to the list of geocaches and select the next closest cache. That will add it to the Recent Find list. Of course, that list will have all caches you went after, regardless of whether or not you found them.

That's why I contend it's a bug. While you didn't search for it (geocaching mode presented it to you), you nevertheless are doing a GO TO that cache, and thus, it should be added to the Recent Find list.