Caches Along A Route

StarBrand

That is more than what I got before. Selecting the file and pressing the upload button would return nothing, just the Cache along a route page and no confirmation. Also the file would not show up as being uploaded. The changes now almost a month old are really a pain, what a horrible customer experience. Alot of the functionality I used is now gone and/or broken.

Trying to upload a new route to get caches - all I get is a server error after I push the button to upload the file. Vista Ultimate and IE7.

Anybody else?

Not working for me either.

Server Error in '/' Application.
'creator' is an unexpected token. Expecting white space. Line 1, position 57.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Xml.XmlException: 'creator' is an unexpected token. Expecting white space. Line 1, position 57.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Exactly the error I was getting. I finally opened my GPX route file in the latest Google Earth and then resaved it as a KML. That worked.

Using GPSBabel to make a KML didn't work and produced a different error.

Original route created with Mapsource as I have always done it.

There seems to be several different bugs being discussed here. The

"Server Error in '/' Application" bug has been addressed in other threads

since it occurs in other contexts as well.

The problem I am having is the same as several others have mentioned,

namely I create a GPX using MapSource and upload it on the "Caches

along a Route" page. No errors are reported, but the list of uploaded

files is empty, so I cannot proceed further. Using Windows XP/Firefox 2.0.0.8

This used to work...

This used to work...

This is exactly my problem. Very frustrating, hope it's fixed soon.

This used to work...

I got around this problem the long way. I created a gpx file in Mapsource of my route. I uploaded it to Google Earth. I saved this as a kml file and then uploaded the kml file to gc.com. It accepted the kml file (apparently only refusing gpx files). Then I did a PQ of the route and wallah! I have caches along a route (the loonng way round!). This is much simpler when the caches along a route feature works properly.

This used to work...

Ditto for us. We also used Google Earth to convert the .gpx route file to .kml, and that worked fine. That's an ok workaround for now, but would like to see this GPX problem fixed.

BTW (off-topic), I really like the new PQ map preview.

Not for me.

:lol:

I build the route with mapsource, open it in googleearth and save the *.kml.

Uploading is no problem, but building queries never works. :D

I tried various techniques and nothing worked: nothing ever uploaded. Tried using both IE7 and Firefox. Loaded a GPX file to Google Earth and extracted a .kml file. Created a GPX file using GSAK and tried uploading it. Uploaded a file that had loaded fine a few weeks ago.

Either I get nothing loaded (but no message) or;

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="Off"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Finally found this tread. Thought I was doing something wrong. I use Delorme Topo and doing a route is really easy and .gpx is the default export. So creating a route, making a .gpx file, and uploading it was very quick. Tried for a couple of hours and went back and found some old route files I had made and tried them as well. NO LUCK! Can't get a .gpx file to upload at all.

I was not aware of the recent changes since I have my standard PQ on a weekly schedule, I don't hang out on the web site very much. Has anyone from Groundspeak responded to this issue??