Coin for Non-coin?

islander1988

This has been discussed a bit in the past. e.g. Would you ever take a wooden nickel/Path Tag/GeoTag in trade for a geocoin, etc.. And recently there have been posts about trading HTF geocoins for artwork or war memorabilia.

So I'm just curious. How many of you only trade coins for coins and keep your interest/need for other things separate, and who would entertain a non-coin trade offer if the "price" was right? e.g. Would you consider trading a coin for a few ammo boxes, or a bunch of geocaching swag, or a set of geo-buttons? Obviously it would depend on whether the item was something you liked or could use, but I'm just curious whether people are open to non-coin offers if it's something of comparable value, and has anyone done this already?

I'll definitely trade coins for pins (with me on either end of the transaction), and have done that on an occasion or two, but haven't really looked into other items to get in exchange for a coin.

Edit to add....geotags ARE geocoins as far as I'm concerned, somewhere on the evolutionary scale between micros and regular coins. :laughing:

Edited by dflye

:P

You must have been a fly on the wall... not 10 minutes ago I suggested to Chris that we could offer to trade some special geocoins for someone bilingual to help in our booth at the GeoRendezvous Mega in Quebec City :) .

I'll help :)

((((((pengomommy))))))

Thanks!! I'll set aside our best and most special coins for you between now and next summer :D

Edit to add....geotags ARE geocoins as far as I'm concerned, somewhere on the evolutionary scale between micros and regular coins. :P

Lol. Yes, I agree (and I was one of the people arguing for it). Poor wording on my part; I should have specified in that case trades for regular sized coins (e.g. 1.5" or bigger).