Turn bu Turn

casey97

A while back I saw a thread, on how to get turn by turn directions on my GPS (newer color mapping Garmin with a 1 gig card) using older cheaper map programs from e-bay. Does anyone have a link to this thread, or know what software I would have to use, so I could buy older maps and use them for turn by turn direction on my GPS? Has anyone tried this, how poorly does it compare to using the newest Garmin maps?

A while back I saw a thread, on how to get turn by turn directions on my GPS (newer color mapping Garmin with a 1 gig card) using older cheaper map programs from e-bay. Does anyone have a link to this thread, or know what software I would have to use, so I could buy older maps and use them for turn by turn direction on my GPS? Has anyone tried this, how poorly does it compare to using the newest Garmin maps?

I've used Geodude's MetroGold to preserve autorouting in Metroguide v.7. Works flawlessly in my Garmin 76Csx. I'm able to get about 1/2 the U.S. onto a 1GB card.

MetroGold is available here: http://tinyurl.com/2pt9lr

I haven't used the newer City Navigator 2008 in a side-by-side comparison, but I'm sure it has updated POIs and roads. I imagine MG v7 maps are upwards of 5-7 years old at this point. If you get CN 2008, make sure you get the "NT" version, as it uses a compression technology that allows all of the maps to fit on a 1GB card.