GEOCOINFEST 08: PITTSBURGH

avroair

Wow! All I can say is “wow”! Thank-you to the committee members for their time devoted to reviewing the bids, and entrusting us with this honor. I also have to say thanks to da 'Burgh crew…Pghlooking, TMOCM, Guyute1210, Anthus, Yime, and my husband.

Congrats to the Burgh!!!! crew and my fellow coin nuts! I wish I could be hands on with this....however if you need anything from afar let me know.... I would actually love to help from afar even if it is just some input....I have enjoyed all the events YINZ have thrown....

Do we have a date yet? I have been out of the loop lately.

DD the video was just what I needed, after unpacking all my stuff.... :) THANKS :)

Steel City Babes #8

Edited by steel city babes

Yippeee!! Way to go DD and the Pittsburgh team. If your proposal was as awesome as that video, I can certainly understand why you guys won!

I know I am going to try to get there if I can talk someone into going there with me! (I still have confidence issues, ya know.)

Working on the bid package for Gecoinfest allowed me to look at southwestern PA from a different perspective…that of a tourist. I rediscovered places that I have not visited in years and some that I never noticed before. As the Pittsburgh team works on getting the Geocoinfest webpage up and running and event listed, here is a link to some of the area attractions, to give you an idea of what this region has to offer (it is definitely not a complete list, but is a fair representation of the area’s attractions): Click here

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Do you have the dates for Gecoinfest '08? I checked out the website and so far, it looks awesome.

You guys are so talented!

I certainly hope to be able to attend. I have no idea what you do there or what you bring with you. Is there some place that has the history of the various Geocoinfests?

A road trip to Pittsburgh would be a blast :D Not in the cards for us, though...*sniffle* ;)

Unfortunately, we won't be making the trip, either. We are saving ALL our pennies to go to Cozumel next summer to go diving, and I just don't think I can save enough pennies for both trips! :D

I hope you all have a blast, though!! Great presentation!

The dates are Columbus Day weekend 2008

Is this a 1-day event only (If so, do you know which day will it be? Is Saturday a travel day, Sunday event day, Monday travel day)?

Or will there be other local events during the weekend? ( at GW5 there was the Friday Night Meet & Greet the night before).

The main event is scheduled for Sunday Oct 12th from 10-4. There will be a meet and greet event Saturday night on Oct 11th. We are hoping to have the event page published with this info shortly.

I've already made my hotel reservations. I can't wait!

i just checked room rates at the holiday inn, $126.00 a night!! :anibad::ph34r:

i think i'll be checking out some other options

We have worked out a discount on rooms with the Holiday Inn. We will be announcing this info once we have the details worked out with them, which shouldn't be more than a week or so.

i just checked room rates at the holiday inn, $126.00 a night!! :laughing::huh:

We have worked out a discount on rooms with the Holiday Inn. We will be announcing this info once we have the details worked out with them, which shouldn't be more than a week or so.

okay, that's good

i just checked room rates at the holiday inn, $126.00 a night!! :laughing::huh:

okay, that's good

And I'll change my reservation then!