GEOCOINFEST 08: PITTSBURGH

avroair

Sorry real world stuff got in the way... closing a magazine.

The vote was very, very close, in fact if you swapped a vote all three cities would be even. :)

Top vote getter:

Pittsburgh

Second:

Salt Lake City

Third:

Dallas

Just want to thank all the brave people who stepped forward and submitted bids, they were all excellent, but there can be only one... unless of course there are 25, but I digresss...

Congrats to Dressel Dragons and her team in

Pittsburgh

:)

Whew, I'm exhausted and we haven't even started planning it yet! :lol:

Why am I not surprised by this outcome?

Congrats to DD and her team! :)

The vote was very, very close, in fact if you swapped a vote all three cities would be even. :)

Top vote getter:

Pittsburgh

Second:

Salt Lake City

Third:

Dallas

Just want to thank all the brave people who stepped forward and submitted bids, they were all excellent, but there can be only one... unless of course there are 25, but I digresss...

Pittsburgh

:)

Whew, I'm exhausted and we haven't even started planning it yet! :lol:

Congrats to Pittsburgh!!!!

Ryan thank you for your valiant effort it trying to bring this to SLC, you are to be commended. Maybe next time :) .

Top vote getter:

Pittsburgh

Second:

Salt Lake City

Third:

Dallas

Pittsburgh

:lol:

Whew, I'm exhausted and we haven't even started planning it yet! :)

pghcoinfest.jpg

WHOOO HOOOO!

Yinz all comin' dahntahn, n@?

Awesome :):):D

Well, just goes to show a little bribery works wonders. Many of us saw this coming long before the vote...yet again, the Midwest doesn't exist, apparently. :ph34r:

Oh well...congrats, I guess...

Wow :ph34r:

I guess they are calling the committee corrupt :ph34r:

Wasn't that long ago that someone got mad that it was implied they were a thief, same thing here in my book.

IMPLIED THIEF

Edited by prntr1

Well, just goes to show a little bribery works wonders. Many of us saw this coming long before the vote...yet again, the Midwest doesn't exist, apparently. :ph34r:

Wow :ph34r:

I guess they are calling the committee corrupt :lol:

I think those sneaky people from Pittsburgh put in the best bid! How dare they do that. Cheating if you ask me! :ph34r:

And folks, I am kidding! I can't wait for the event! 11 months to go till event time!

Edited by MustangJoni

Oh well...congrats, I guess... :ph34r:

Wow :lol:

I guess they are calling the committee corrupt :ph34r:

Wasn't that long ago that someone got mad that it was implied they were a thief, same thing here in my book.

IMPLIED THIEF

Wow...apparently you missed the part showing me laughing. Some people let jokes fly over their heads.

:D

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

Don't make erronious assumptions you cannot support with facts. The Midwest has Geobash. I'm sorry a handful of you people cannot attend an event unless it's in your own backyard. Your loss I suppose.

For vendors, this location is a great prospect for new and different potential customers. With GW6 being West Coast and MWGB being in IN. You'll meet a larger segment of coining cachers who won't be at either of the other mega events in 2008. Sure there will be some overlap, but probably less than 20%.

Don't make erronious assumptions you cannot support with facts. The Midwest has Geobash. I'm sorry a handful of you people cannot attend an event unless it's in your own backyard. Your loss I suppose.

For vendors, this location is a great prospect for new and different potential customers. With GW6 being West Coast and MWGB being in IN. You'll meet a larger segment of coining cachers who won't be at either of the other mega events in 2008. Sure there will be some overlap, but probably less than 20%.

LOL...man, senses of humor are in short supply here. Little Signal laughing must have flew right by.

I have no problem where it is...heck, I might go. Jeeze...you people are so serious. :ph34r: <---Notice?

:ph34r:

Maybe the laughing signal should have been behind the "Oh well... congrats, I guess.."

Sorry I misunderstood....I guess....

Maybe the laughing signal should have been behind the "Oh well... congrats, I guess.."

Sorry I misunderstood....I guess....

As well it should have been. My apologies for any misunderstandings it might have caused.

I will fix it to better reflect my meaning.

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

You mean a couple of people in the chat room saw this coming. :D Have you been using the Ouigi board coin again to predict the future! :ph34r:

Pittsburgh did a great job and left nothing to doubt, (all bribes aside :lol:), their proposal was thorough and showed both the merits of the city and venue. We had 6 good bids, and theirs stood out. (although SLC and Dallas were also great to read).

Now comes the hard fun part, planning it... :D

Hope to see a bunch of you there! :D