GEOCOINFEST 08: PITTSBURGH

avroair

The three finalists are:

Salt Lake City

Dallas

Pittsburgh

Good luck to all three. :blink:

Screw Pittsburgh!! Either of the other 2 locations would be better IMO.

Failed the quiz huh.

21% i think it was. same message as POS

You must be born and raised in Illunoiz. Or Ahia. or Warshington. Or Itly. Or any place but Da Burgh. (and when I say "Da Burgh" I, of course, mean Picksburgh.)

The three finalists are:

Salt Lake City

Dallas

Pittsburgh

Good luck to all three. :blink:

Failed the quiz huh.

You must be born and raised in Illunoiz. Or Ahia. or Warshington. Or Itly. Or any place but Da Burgh. (and when I say "Da Burgh" I, of course, mean Picksburgh.)

That's OK. There's still hope for you. I mean we did give you some great coaches to help bring that team along. We even donated a win to the cause for yinz this year. What else can you ask for. Pittsburgh seems a pretty gracious city giving all these things to charity! :blink:

Probably the only one we'd go to would be SLC. Boise would have been better geographically - but that's not an option now. We have good friends in SLC that we don't need much of an excuse to go visit and we can see all our friends in Idaho on the way through!

You have friends in Texas too! :blink:

And Pennsylvania too...it says so on our license plates (well, the older ones at least)

plate.jpg

Edited by DresselDragons

If interested in Canada, how about Winnepeg?

Winnipeg? Of all the places in Canada - Winnipeg is one of the smaller centres. Calgary would be a much better host city. Between the mountains, amenities and the blue ribbon bow river for anglers - it's got it all.

Hey there Scratch_.... nice avatar :unsure: !

I suspect Calgary's host bid will be on the table for 2009. The AB committee is planning a big trip to Rendezvous Quebec in August 2008 and so decided to hold off their bid this time around....at least that's the story I got.

We can't come, planning a trip the states next in May 09, Texas, for my nephew's graduation... so anything in 2008 is out for us...

BUT... if I had to choose I think it'd be a tossup between Salt Lake and Dallas, with Salt Lake being my first choice. I love the W. Mountain range, think Salt Lake is an oasis in the desert, and hey, it's almost close enough for a day trip to Vegas :unsure:. I'm a native Texan, but never been very crazy about D/FW. Too big, too much traffic, too much spread, too much hassle, but that's just my opinion and I know there are tons out there who disagree with me :ph34r:

Of course, though, I can't make it, so I don't matter much! Just wanted to toss in my thoughts, though!

We can't come, planning a trip the states next in May 09, Texas, for my nephew's graduation... so anything in 2008 is out for us...

BUT... if I had to choose I think it'd be a tossup between Salt Lake and Dallas, with Salt Lake being my first choice. I love the W. Mountain range, think Salt Lake is an oasis in the desert, and hey, it's almost close enough for a day trip to Vegas :ph34r:. I'm a native Texan, but never been very crazy about D/FW. Too big, too much traffic, too much spread, too much hassle, but that's just my opinion and I know there are tons out there who disagree with me :cool:

Of course, though, I can't make it, so I don't matter much! Just wanted to toss in my thoughts, though!

Well, thanks for your support, fellow Texan! :unsure:

If we win, we are actually going to hold the event in Grapevine. Much less traffic issues, but just a short freeway ride to either Dallas or Fort Worth.

I wish you could make it where ever it is, but when you visit Texas, give me a buzz!

Grapevine is a little better :unsure:

Joni, you're on, we'll give you a holler! We're going to be in Georgetown and Galveston, but we may be able to get up your way or find a way to meet in the middle or sumpthin!

Naomi ;)

My parents aren't too far from Galveston. They live in a little town called Angleton!

I love Galveston. A lot of folks don't, but I think it's so quaint and I love the old houses and such! Micke, my husband, spent our very first night together there... come to think of it, it's also where Hanna was created :ph34r::cool::D

My Swedish in-laws love it there, too, so we're going to look into renting a beach house for a couple of weeks and making that base. We're just taking a day trip up to the Austin area for the graduation.

I'm looking forward to the trip...and hoping the dollar stays low, lol!

The three finalists are:

Salt Lake City

Dallas

Pittsburgh

Good luck to all three. :unsure:

Failed the quiz huh.

That's OK. There's still hope for you. I mean we did give you some great coaches to help bring that team along. We even donated a win to the cause for yinz this year. What else can you ask for. Pittsburgh seems a pretty gracious city giving all these things to charity! :ph34r:

I have no idea what the heck you are rambling on about!

but my choice would be SLC!

"21% i think it was. same message as POS

You must be born and raised in Illunoiz. Or Ahia. or Warshington. Or Itly. Or any place but Da Burgh. (and when I say "Da Burgh" I, of course, mean Picksburgh.)"

And I thought I had learned english !! No wonder I almost failed the ToEFL!!!!

You must be born and raised in Illunoiz. Or Ahia. or Warshington. Or Itly. Or any place but Da Burgh. (and when I say "Da Burgh" I, of course, mean Picksburgh.)"

...and people say Texans talk funny....

:unsure:

...and people say Texans talk funny....

:unsure:

I have cousins from VA, and if I spend any serious amount of time visiting with them, I start to pick up their accent. Trust me, there is nothing that sounds stranger than someone speaking Pittsburghese with a southern twang! :ph34r:

Sorry real world stuff got in the way... closing a magazine.

The vote was very, very close, in fact if you swapped a vote all three cities would be even. :)

Top vote getter:

Pittsburgh

Second:

Salt Lake City

Third:

Dallas

Just want to thank all the brave people who stepped forward and submitted bids, they were all excellent, but there can be only one... unless of course there are 25, but I digresss...

Congrats to Dressel Dragons and her team in

Pittsburgh

:)

Whew, I'm exhausted and we haven't even started planning it yet! :lol:

The vote was very, very close, in fact if you swapped a vote all three cities would be even. :)

Top vote getter:

Pittsburgh

Second:

Salt Lake City

Third:

Dallas

Just want to thank all the brave people who stepped forward and submitted bids, they were all excellent, but there can be only one... unless of course there are 25, but I digresss...

Pittsburgh

Congrats! WooHoo!

Top vote getter:

Pittsburgh

Second:

Salt Lake City

Third:

Dallas

Pittsburgh

CONGRATS to the PITTSBURGH Team. (Hope you guys can read this as it is written in plain english words! :))