New computer, major problems!

LDove

Just bought a Dell with Windows Vista. Now having problems loading Mapsource and cachemate won't work either. Anybody had compatiblity issues with these? Know of where I can go to get some answers? Neither site is very helpful. :(

I keep getting a message that reads "Windows cannot find C:\Users\Halvorson\Desktop\cache-4.12\cachemate-4.12\cacheMate.prc. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again" I checked my name it is the same in both CacheMate and the Palm.

It is like the cachemate program is not connecting with the Palm pilot Zire 31. I get it to the palmOne quick install screen, with the waypoints listed, but it won't HotSinc in. It asks to Look in a folder which I have with my name which is on the Palm pilot. I name it (waypoint file) and then I get a yellow triangle with a ! in it and it says no file found. I can't get it over to the Palm. ANY Help appreciated as I need this by Tuesday for a trip to CA.

When I try to use Mapsource from the program list I get this message: Mapsource was denied when it tried to read from the Registry. Please consult your system administrator and start Mapsource again. <_<

When I try to use Mapsource from the program list I get this message: Mapsource was denied when it tried to read from the Registry. Please consult your system administrator and start Mapsource again. <_<

I had this issue when trying to use my older city select V7 on windows vista. Garmin released an update for mapsource to get it working in vista. You can download it here: http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=209

Thanks for the tips. From the Palm site, it sounds like the older models will not be compatible with MS Vista. So warning to anyone who wants to go paperless with new computer and old Palm or vice versa. Nothing on the City Navigator program page though about not working with Windows Vista. Anyone else had issues with it not working? I did install the update CD that came out earlier this year.