What do you think?

mousekakat

psiub8.jpg

MEOW!

Well, these little kitties are simple in the way they look, but each takes a good half hour to make, so they are labor intensive. Made 4 today while the baby napped, popped one in a new cache already, and thought I'd ask opinions on them here before I went for making more! As long as the kids aren't bugging me I do enjoy making them. The heart is a little red, shiny, mylar heart that has been hand placed and glued to each kitty.

One problem. I cannot write neatly. I can't. Ok. I admit it. I was the little kid in school back in the early 70's that was the last one allowed to change from pencil to pen. My handwriting is atrocious! I used a needle and a printed template to try to put "Mousekakat 2007" on them, but it's hard to read. Then I tried rubbing a little paint onto the whole thing, hoping it'd go into the needle holes and leave a darker area there, but it didn't work so well, either. Writing over the pinpricks didn't work, neither did trying to "carve" it using the needle.

So... I don't own a stamp, but I'd sure like some feedback on the best way to put our name on the little kitty? Remember, kitties only have 9 lives!

Thanks in advance,

Naomi <_<

Edited by mousekakat

Hi! I like them. Very cute. I don't think your handwriting looks bad...you haven't seen mine LOL. I would love to trade you for one if you will be doing trades eventually with them. Our signature item is a penguin charm (the ones that fit the zopini bracelets) and a sig card. <_<

edited for spelling :(

Edited by PengoFamily

Hi! I like them. Very cute. I don't think your handwriting looks bad...you haven't seen mine LOL. I would love to trade you for one if you will be doing trades eventually with them. Our signature item is a penguin charm (the ones that fit the zopini bracelets) and a sig card. <_<

edited for spelling :(

Man, I tell ya, computers have been the death knell for my already poor handwriting. Since I do most things online and rarely write anything anymore, I get no practice writing at all!

Let me know which color kitty you want, or if you have a favorite color, and I'll happily send it to you :(, you've been so helpful to me it would be my honor :D

The colors I have are a royal bright blue, white pearl, fuschia pearl, pink pearl, bright yellow and any color that can be made from combining those colors. I'm going to be making a few more tonight, so if you have a color preference, let me know!

Naomi :D

In my oppinion, I don't care how bad the hand writing is. Like you, mine is horrible. Has been all my life. Too me the hand written signature makes it so much more personal. And those are awesome looking cats. Yeah I love my 2 cats! I wish I had time to make my own personal items. I hand out little pre-cut and pre-painted animals that you see around a lake, fish, turtles, ducks, dragon flys, frogs, etc. I sign the back of each with the year. I wish they were more personal like yours. But I do the best with the time I have.

RSFish1

Cute puddytats.

To simplify things, would it be possible to make something like a cookie cutter? Oh yeah, and something with raised letters so you can just press you name into the item?

I wish I could do a cookie cutter... right now the cookie cutter is ummm... ME! :( I stencil it onto the clay and then cut it out with scissors! No money to do anything spiffier than that right now, but I will when I get the funds!

Donorgal, they are made with Cernit clay, it's similar to FIMO... you mold it then you bake it and it hardens!

Naomi <_<

They are adorable. I've never worked with clay but have you tried wiping black paint over the pinholes and quickly wiping it back off - sort of like you do stains. I don't know if the rest of the clay will absorb it to fast or not. I think they're cute the way they are.

Yeah, I tried that, didn't work, dangit! <_<

Naomi, those are just adorable! Dang, if it weren't for the fact that I had a $1000 vet bill for one of my kitties earlier this year, maybe I'd have a personal coin to trade!

Would a rubber stamp (made with your name and date) work for transferring the ink? I had one made with an image of an emu (my other pets) and have used it on just plain ol' clay to leave a slight impression.

Mousekakat,

They turned out great, nice job.

I'm not familiar with that type of clay but have you tried using a Sharpee marker to write out your name? Most clays in my experience don't take a sharpee marker well until it is coated with some kind of finish. Keep that in mind too, if you ever decide to place these in caches (chipping paint or clay without protection). Those look kind of thin but it's tough to tell based on the pic, so assuming they are thin, when you mail them, wrap them sturdy so they don't snap (you can test bendability yourself).

Most important is that you are enjoying yourself making them <_<

~tsun