So how big a difference is there between Mapsource V8 and Mapsource v9

THE_Chris

You have not specified the Software on offer!

MapSource has many meanings but you really should specify MetroGuide Europe v8 or CityNavigator Europe v8.

Anyway all v8 software is of little value to Ireland, as the full coverage was only introduced in v9.

Sorry made a mess of that <_<

Heres the email the seller sent me ->

Yes this has US basemaps which you probably realize basemaps N.America, Europe/UK are basically pointless. This item comes with a copy of the Europe Metroguide V8 mapsource DVD which you can load to your sd card.

Thank you

I believe if you get v8 you should be able to get a free update.

Tell me more, looks like I need that <_< 8 has little to no coverage near me but 9 has plenty. How does the upgrading work?

Edit: I guess the decent maps are loaded to the SD card? Gets scary when this message comes up when product searching.

Note: You cannot use this product to update the maps on your preloaded Garmin device. To order updated map data for your preloaded Garmin device, visit the Map Updates page.
Edited by THE_Chris

v8 has 1,125,827 poi's and 3,957,519 miles of roads. v9 has 1,306,294 poi's and 4,633,513 miles of roads.

Thx B)

Heres the official thing from the Tech Support

Thank you for contacting Garmin(Europe)Ltd.

If you purchased Metroguide Europe v.8 you would not get a free update to Metroguide Europe v.9. Metroguide Europe does not have an update procedure, when a newer version comes out, if you wanted this update you would need to go and purchase it from a retailer.

Please note Metroguide Europe is NOT the compatible mapping for the GPSMAP 60CSx.

City Navigator Europe is the compatible mapping with the GPSMAP 60CSx and supports auto-routing.

Still might get this GPS deal as its cheaper to get the crappy uncompatible v8 with the GPS than buy the GPS on its own from most places :laughing:

v8 has 1,125,827 poi's and 3,957,519 miles of roads. v9 has 1,306,294 poi's and 4,633,513 miles of roads.

Thx B)

Heres the official thing from the Tech Support

Thank you for contacting Garmin(Europe)Ltd.

If you purchased Metroguide Europe v.8 you would not get a free update to Metroguide Europe v.9. Metroguide Europe does not have an update procedure, when a newer version comes out, if you wanted this update you would need to go and purchase it from a retailer.

Please note Metroguide Europe is NOT the compatible mapping for the GPSMAP 60CSx.

City Navigator Europe is the compatible mapping with the GPSMAP 60CSx and supports auto-routing.

Still might get this GPS deal as its cheaper to get the crappy uncompatible v8 with the GPS than buy the GPS on its own from most places :laughing:

All maps (ie. BlueChart, MetroGuide, City Navigator NT, City Navigator, City Select, etc.) except for maybe BlueChart g2 maps are compatable with the 60CSx.

Normally MetroGuide maps aren't routable on the gps but there are several ways around that. You can get a patch for v8 here: http://forum.brighthand.com/showthread.php...646&page=11

second to last post.

Rich