Geopin collecting/trading!

n8turgrl

Besides the geocoin addiction i've gotten myself into, i've recently started collecting geopins. I've found some in caches, i've bought some, some have come with geocoins and i've traded for some. Is anyone else infatuated with geopins too? Where do you get yours? I've only seen one trackable geopin, are there others? What's your favorite geopin? How do you "display" your geopins? Does anyone trade geopins?

Besides the geocoin addiction i've gotten myself into, i've recently started collecting geopins. I've found some in caches, i've bought some, some have come with geocoins and i've traded for some. Is anyone else infatuated with geopins too? Where do you get yours? I've only seen one trackable geopin, are there others? What's your favorite geopin? How do you "display" your geopins? Does anyone trade geopins?

I collect them too. Any pin that matches a coin, or anything to do with geocaching. I also pick up pins from places I've cached, like Rocky Mountain National Park.

I keep them in two shadow boxes. I take the back off the pin and just stick them in the cork board.

Besides the geocoin addiction i've gotten myself into, i've recently started collecting geopins.

You need one of these!

a16ba49e-61ba-4206-abe0-20a7a0612656.jpg

I've found some in caches, i've bought some, some have come with geocoins and i've traded for some. Is anyone else infatuated with geopins too?

Oh yeah! At Geocoinfest in Port Moody BC Chris was wearing a selection of his favourite pins on his lanyard.

Where do you get yours?

I get mine in the room across the hall :P , also I find them in caches and trade them with almost anyone! We created a Pin Trading Geocache ages ago and when we do maintenance we take a couple that we like and leave a selection of our own new pins in exchange.

Besides the geocoin addiction i've gotten myself into, i've recently started collecting geopins.

You need one of these!

I've found some in caches, i've bought some, some have come with geocoins and i've traded for some. Is anyone else infatuated with geopins too?

Oh yeah! At Geocoinfest in Port Moody BC Chris was wearing a selection of his favourite pins on his lanyard.

Where do you get yours?

I get mine in the room across the hall :P , also I find them in caches and trade them with almost anyone! We created a Pin Trading Geocache ages ago and when we do maintenance we take a couple that we like and leave a selection of our own new pins in exchange.

I love that pin! Where did you get it?

You need one of these!

Where do you get yours?

My sweetie :blink: designed it and the samples arrived on Thursday with the shipment from the mint.

You need one of these!

Where do you get yours?

My sweetie :blink: designed it and the samples arrived on Thursday with the shipment from the mint.

Yippee! I hope this means we will see them in the store soon!

I have a lot of pins too. I buy them when I buy coins as sort of little extras to add into the order. I've found them in caches and had some given to me. I wore a LOT on my caching hat until someone walked off with it at a recent event. I think now that the ones I have left will go into a shadow box that I hadn't yet gotten around to fill.

You need one of these!

Where do you get yours?

Ooohhhhh. Is it going to be a coin too!?

My daughters are the ones that collect the geoPins in our house. They started collecting Disney pins at Disney World last year. Then when they came back, they started wanting all the pins that came with the geocoins in my collection. Any pin I get, I give to them. :P

Anyone wanting to trade geoPins with my girls, please email me. They have the Anthus pins to trade with along with some others.

geoAgentPin_med.gif

....Anthus

OH wow! I will have to get one of those pins Landsharkz! (and thanks for the email)

I'll also trade anyone pins, wooden nickels and/or poker chips. For some reason i've gotten into collecting the sig items just as much as geocoins!

Thanks also Paula in advance for the package! :)

I collect the ones I receive with coins and also small buttons from other geocachers or caches. There's a cacher in NC who often makes buttons for the caches she places - Honeychile. Those I especially treasure! I keep them in a shadow box I bought at a local craft store, mounted on a piece of stiff felt that I also got there. Here are a couple of pics.

This one is of the shadow box

Pinsincase.jpg

Box opened for a pic

Pins2.jpg

I collect them too. Any pin that matches a coin, or anything to do with geocaching. I also pick up pins from places I've cached, like Rocky Mountain National Park.

I keep them in two shadow boxes. I take the back off the pin and just stick them in the cork board.

Man you should see my caching bag, it nows weights at least 5 lbs more since I have started attaching all my pin:) think it started with the Alaska Mosquitoe and has grown from there, I get them anywhere I can find them and Fox-and-the-Hound saves all of his for me :) Nice being Mom... I like all the colors and shapes and they are usually small so I can have LOTS, then I got into Pathtags but I won't get started on that... :)

You need one of these!

Where do you get yours?

I get mine in the room across the hall :) , also I find them in caches and trade them with almost anyone! We created a Pin Trading Geocache ages ago and when we do maintenance we take a couple that we like and leave a selection of our own new pins in exchange.

My sweetie :) designed it and the samples arrived on Thursday with the shipment from the mint.

Ooohhhhh. Is it going to be a coin too!?

How do we get on the list for this pin? Must have......ppppppllllllllleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeee?

I have been a pin collector with the Red Cross - now I also collect geopins.

I also will grab a pin from a place I have been. Some of my geopins are on a hat, some on my swag bag and some I haven't displayed yet.

My Red Cross pins I wear during March, Red Cross month, and tell people all about the heroes I met while out on assignment.

Hi! I am so glad I found this topic! I am a newbie to geocaching and just today found a GPS geopin in a cache. It doesnt have a trackable number on it and I didnt see anything in the cache that would tell me it was suppose to be moved to another cache. SOOOOOOOOO........I am guessing I can keep it. :P I really like it and have been bitten by the geopin collecting. I dont have as many as you folks--YET! I have 3 so far, the one I found today, one I bought at a National Park, and a Budweiser one that my hubby got for me.

Hubby is collecting patches he finds in caches.......some of his are pretty cool looking.

I cannot post a picture of the one I found today......cant figure out how to get it up here :)

Hi! I am so glad I found this topic! I am a newbie to geocaching and just today found a GPS geopin in a cache. It doesnt have a trackable number on it and I didnt see anything in the cache that would tell me it was suppose to be moved to another cache. SOOOOOOOOO........I am guessing I can keep it. :P I really like it and have been bitten by the geopin collecting. I dont have as many as you folks--YET! I have 3 so far, the one I found today, one I bought at a National Park, and a Budweiser one that my hubby got for me.

Hubby is collecting patches he finds in caches.......some of his are pretty cool looking.

I cannot post a picture of the one I found today......cant figure out how to get it up here :)

We frequently leave our Anthus geopins in caches we find. The pins we leave in caches are swag for the next finder to keep. If there is no tracking number on it or no note saying not to keep it, then typically they are yours to keep.

To upload pictures, you need to find a place on the internet to upload the image to (some use their own web sites and hosting accounts while others use free sites like Flicker) and then you use the image icon (looks like a landscape with a tree on it) to enter the URL of the image you just uploaded to the internet.

Thanks....Anthus

Edited by Anthus

I love collecting pins. Probably started with the Disney pins though a good chunk of those have gone missing so I stopped collecting pins. But since we started getting pins with coins the obsession is back. Maybe those Disney pins will turn up one day.

I put the pins on a lanyard and attach a TB to it. This way I can share the pins at events - everyone does ohh and ahh over them - and they get to log a TB as well. My daughter liked the idea so much she had to have her own lanyard and wants it turn it into a TB as well. If we find a pin in a cache she likes to take those and add them to her lanyard. We've never found a geocoin related pin in a cache though but have found some other very nice ones. Recently traded a geocoin for a couple of pins for the kids. They were thrilled.

We were lucky to find two of the Honeychile style pins left by the cachers they were made for. Those are super nice pins. Love the mini ones. They won't stay on a lanyard so I put them in coin flips and they share the page with the pathtags in the binder (ah yes another obsession.) It’s the little things we love the best.

:)

3cc7ce7d-de74-446a-8bbc-4121d1522580.jpg

Ooooo...

I love the lanyard/TB idea!!!

May I shamelessly copy the idea?

Go for it. I would not lay claim to the ideas. More an amalgamation of ideas seen in the forums and at events. Its called CASE - copy and share everything! :)

Should note the lanyard gets heavy afer a bit so I ususally man the TB table and leave it there. Also don't put the pins too high up the neck as you won't be able to wear it at all. :)

I have some Pirates of Harriman IV pins for trade... not sure what other pins are out there though to trade for.

Not sure what you are looking for, but my son (who is collecting pins) has a COG pin, a Team Murfster pin and a Canadian Cacher pin. Please let us know if you are interested in any of them.

Edited by fingers crossed

I love collecting pins. Probably started with the Disney pins though a good chunk of those have gone missing so I stopped collecting pins. But since we started getting pins with coins the obsession is back. Maybe those Disney pins will turn up one day.

I put the pins on a lanyard and attach a TB to it. This way I can share the pins at events - everyone does ohh and ahh over them - and they get to log a TB as well. My daughter liked the idea so much she had to have her own lanyard and wants it turn it into a TB as well. If we find a pin in a cache she likes to take those and add them to her lanyard. We've never found a geocoin related pin in a cache though but have found some other very nice ones. Recently traded a geocoin for a couple of pins for the kids. They were thrilled.

We were lucky to find two of the Honeychile style pins left by the cachers they were made for. Those are super nice pins. Love the mini ones. They won't stay on a lanyard so I put them in coin flips and they share the page with the pathtags in the binder (ah yes another obsession.) It’s the little things we love the best.

:)

3cc7ce7d-de74-446a-8bbc-4121d1522580.jpg

Is that a turtle pin I see??? HHMM, I need to send an email <_< !!!

Edited by Damenace

I started a web site last year where I tried to index all the Geopins I could find. Here is the link:

GeoPins Site

It gets difficult to locate them all as many Geocoin sellers don't mention the availability of a companion geopin when they announce their coins for sale. (I'll generally buy a coin if a pin comes with it)

I have most of the pins that are indexed (I keep them in a shoe box). I also have a trader page with my extras listed.

There are about a dozen that I haven't put up on the site yet.

Edited by stvanme

I started a web site last year where I tried to index all the Geopins I could find. Here is the link:

GeoPins Site

It gets difficult to locate them all as many Geocoin sellers don't mention the availability of a companion geopin when they announce their coins for sale. (I'll generally buy a coin if a pin comes with it)

I have most of the pins that are indexed (I keep them in a shoe box). I also have a trader page with my extras listed.

There are about a dozen that I haven't put up on the site yet.

I've seen your site before. Its well done and informative. Thanks for the link again. I'll keep it this time. :)

We do like the pins and it is an incentive to get the coin if the pin comes with it. I would venture to guess that those who get pins with their coins use them more for swag then trade items. When we get one as a bonus with a coin trade I really like that and appreciate the generosity.

Pins - the next hot trade item in the geocoin world. <_<

When I realised I had quite a few pins and badges collecting in a pot by my pc I decided to buy my own geocaching bag as a home for them. They all relate to geocoins, geocaching events, or else they've been found in caches. I've got some way to go before can match Castle Man's impressive vest! B)

MrsB

bag.JPG

I love the "bottle cap" one... Where might one find one?