PDA Cell Phones?

aronnie

I was thinking about spending around a Hundred bucks for a PDA for paperless caching, and I noticed Cell Phone have PDA's built in them, or at least they have the contacts, note pads, etc.

My contract is over with Nextel so I thinking maybe I should go this route, does anybody use their cell phones for paperless caching, and if so what phone will let Me load Cachmate in it.

Thanks

aronnie

I was thinking about spending around a Hundred bucks for a PDA for paperless caching, and I noticed Cell Phone have PDA's built in them, or at least they have the contacts, note pads, etc.

My contract is over with Nextel so I thinking maybe I should go this route, does anybody use their cell phones for paperless caching, and if so what phone will let Me load Cachmate in it.

Thanks

aronnie

I use a UT Starcom 6700 Cell. Phone with Built in Pocket PC (Window Mobile 5) I use Both Cachemate PPC, and GPXSonar to handle my GPX files. The Starcom 6700 also is Eqipped with WiFi so I can Connect to the Internet where Signal is available. Its a Great setup for Geocaching, but buy the "Extended Battery" for the longer periods before a charge.

Thanks

aronnie

I use a UT Starcom 6700 Cell. Phone with Built in Pocket PC (Window Mobile 5) I use Both Cachemate PPC, and GPXSonar to handle my GPX files. The Starcom 6700 also is Eqipped with WiFi so I can Connect to the Internet where Signal is available. Its a Great setup for Geocaching, but buy the "Extended Battery" for the longer periods before a charge.

I use the same phone. No complaints.

Ventureman----I use cachemate so what does GPXsonar do for you? Use GSAK on the PC.

I've got a PDA phone I use for caching. It's got a diffent model number in the States though. It's made by HTC and has a slide out keyboard. In the UK it's the T-mobile MDA Vario II or the O2 XDA something. Not tried Cachemate with it yet but it does work. I also have a bluetooth GPSr and use Beeline GPS instead of having a GPS as I already had the phone when I started caching. The phone has windows mobile 5, mobile internet explorer so you can check cache pages and log find online as you go/check web based email, word, excel, outlook, notes, todo list, callendar. I've also downloaded a route finder (Beta version that won't connect with external GPS but free), Google maps for mobile (also been used to find caches before GPSr arrived) and a few games. I'm going to get a spare battery, but the phones good for about 4 hours use as a GPSr and both devices use the same car charger.