My Triton 2000 was shipped today.

calikrypto

I ordered my Triton 2000 which is IN STOCK at Overstock.com. They had it for about $459 and if you use the 8% off coupon from mycouponbox.com, it takes the price, with shipping to about $420. It shipped out today and I should have it in a couple of days. I am SO excited.

FYI.. Overstock.com sucks! I received what was supposed to be my Triton 2000. Upon opening the box, it was found that they sent me a digital camera worth about $200. They stated to me on the phone that I was sent the incorrect item BECAUSE they were out of the Triton 2000. What a bunch of losers! They are now out of the Triton 2000 and don't know when they will have it in stock.

FYI.. Overstock.com sucks! I received what was supposed to be my Triton 2000. Upon opening the box, it was found that they sent me a digital camera worth about $200. They stated to me on the phone that I was sent the incorrect item BECAUSE they were out of the Triton 2000. What a bunch of losers! They are now out of the Triton 2000 and don't know when they will have it in stock.

I doubt that they ever had them. My contacts say they are still a few weeks out.

I doubt that they ever had them. My contacts say they are still a few weeks out.

I just got off the phone with Magellan's tech support about an hour ago... I had a couple of questions regarding what formats they can import (e.g., GPX, etc.). They said the release date is "just before Thanksgiving"...

For what its worth...

Steve

I ordered my Triton 2000 which is IN STOCK at Overstock.com. They had it for about $459 and if you use the 8% off coupon from mycouponbox.com, it takes the price, with shipping to about $420. It shipped out today and I should have it in a couple of days. I am SO excited.

I guess they need to change their name to BaitAndSwitch.com

I ordered mine from MacMall.com:

http://www.macmall.com/macmall/search/sear...mp;submit1.y=10

Magellan Triton 2000 Handheld Navigation System

MacMall Part #7299401

Mfg. Part #980942-01

10/23/2007 Back Ordered TRITON 2000 HANDHELD

NAVIGATION SYSTEM 1 $428.99

Handling & Processing $18.45

Total Order Amount $447.44

I think they are good company. The order is on a credit card, but not yet charged. It is on back order.

Edited by steameng8

FYI.. Overstock.com sucks! I received what was supposed to be my Triton 2000. Upon opening the box, it was found that they sent me a digital camera worth about $200. They stated to me on the phone that I was sent the incorrect item BECAUSE they were out of the Triton 2000. What a bunch of losers!

Were they thinking you wouldn't notice? Sheesh...mental note made to cross them off *my* list.

FYI.. Overstock.com sucks! I received what was supposed to be my Triton 2000. Upon opening the box, it was found that they sent me a digital camera worth about $200. They stated to me on the phone that I was sent the incorrect item BECAUSE they were out of the Triton 2000. What a bunch of losers!

Were they thinking you wouldn't notice? Sheesh...mental note made to cross them off *my* list.

Maybe the camera was a nice waiting bonus?? lol

!!! :) Did they charge you for the camera?

i found the link:

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Magel...61/product.html

it seems like a bad failure - look the discription ("camera")

the Triton2000 build in camera dont function till yet, so magellan only shipped Triton1500...

they dont ship vantagepoint software in package - it will be downloadable in the future.

the software dont function yet

the custumer support dont function yet, too ...

newegg lists the 1500 as in stock.

If anyone takes the plunge, please post here. NewEgg is more reputable than Overstock, so this is interesting considering what Redwoods Mtn Biker wrote.

Sad news. I was told today not to expect review units until January, though the PR company has not been given any firm update in the timeline. So they could still show before Christmas, but I doubt it. More speculation on my part...

http://gpstracklog.typepad.com/gps_tracklo...lan-triton.html

I just got the triton 2000 it does come with a cable for what its worth, there is no software,and cant export national geo. to gps need help!!!! please

Congrats, You have bought the hardest, most difficult GPS unit ever produced to use. Okay, enough Magellan bashing, let's see if this helps.

First things to do.... Go here

http://www.magellangps.com/products/map.as...amp;PRODID=1903

Download VantagePoint (you might have to register), then follow instructions to install. Ignore the driver isn't signed warnings when it tells you to plug in the unit to the USB. During installation, do not plug your Triton into the USB port until the software instructs you to.

NOTE: If you are using Vista, you must be in admin to install and operate the software. It won't work with a restricted user account. If you have 64 bit Vista, you might be screwed.

Then let VantagePoint update itself and the GPS software. Then crossing your fingers, it should begin to synch.

Once you've done that, you should okay providing your NatGeo software is also up to date. I can't help with the NatGeo software, I use Magellan Topo 3d.

If you are able to get the Triton communicating with your PC, if you have more questions, I'll try to answer.

One other good source is www.tritonforums.com

Edited by gpsblake