Closest newly published cache, but no FTF

Okay, so there have been 10 caches that have been published since I have been geocaching (Jan, 2007) within a mile of where I live . Two of them I own, and one I *did* manage to get FTF honors. Okay, so one of them was published when I was about 3000 miles away. You'd think I'd get more FTFs. A couple of days ago two new caches showed up while I was at work, both of which less than a 1/2 mile from where I was sitting when I read the listings. I was third to find on both of them.

I think I set a new record today though. I had checked my mail before leaving my office for about 15 minutes and when I got back I saw a new cache published. It looked like it was only about 1/4 of a mile from where I was sitting and appeared to be very close to where I park my car everyday. I wrote down the coordinates since my GPS was in my car at the time, and headed for my car, and hopefully the cache. When I got to about 200' from the cache I knew exactly where it was going to be and actually grabbed the cache without breaking stride and headed to my car to sign the log (it was raining at the time). I opened up the nano cache and saw that I was *second* to find. I signed the log, returned the cache, then, just for kicks entered the coordinates into my GPSr. It indicated that cache, when published and placed was only 100 feet from where my GPS was located.

So...I've just changed my geocaching.com email address so that it goes to the address I read using my Blackberry...and I've been told by the person that placed the cache today that she's going to place another one after work.