playground caches

meralgia

I've recently gotten into a conversation with another cacher who had this to say on a log note: "Drove up and took a pass on this one. Hopefully there are better places in the park for hides."

I wrote another note which says the following:

"Greetings. I'm sorry you feel this way. For those of us with children, it's the perfect place. I make a point to put something in the hints field so you know you're getting into a sandy situation."

The conversation ensued via email where the cacher insinuated that caches on playground equipment were just not appropriate.

> as a parent, what would you think about people milling around your children while they are playing on that equipment if you were not a geocacher?

I would think that I should just keep a better eye on my kid. I would never go so far as calling the police unless I saw the geocacher actually approach my kid. If that did happen, I would get personally involved rather than simply call the cops. (I know that this has happened in the past to cachers, and often the cops leave after being given a brief explanation of geocaching.)

I also added in the email that cachers have as much right to be on the playground as does a child and their mother. It comes down to personal comfortability, of course, but some cachers feel that they have to leave and not the mother/child team. Playgrounds (where I've placed caches) are on public property, and everyone has a right to use them no matter if you're old, young, man or woman.

I know this isn't a new topic, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Edited by meralgia

One thing first: Playgrounds are not always on public property, even if they are open to the public, the land and equipment are owned by somebody.

I personally do not think caches IN the playground are appropriate. On the edges of the playground in a tree, nearby woods, somewhere like that. But putting it on/in the equipment is taking one step too far. IMO.

Putting a cache NEXT to the playground on the other hand is a whole different thing.

WOW! A parent with an open mind? NOOO!

I've said for some time now that playgrounds aren't a bad location. I'm glad you as a parent feel that way as well. I don't worry what another person is thinking when I'm caching, if they don't like it, they can either ask me or call a cop! I have nothing to hide and would take the opportunity to talk caching with you or an LEO.

I agree, when I start walking up to little Johnny and offering him candy w/o mom's consent, call the cops or confront me about it. A parent's job is to watch their children ESPECIALLY when out at locations as these. If the parents are doing their job well, little Johnny is pretty safe!

If they are on public property, then it is OK to hide and seek a cache there. BUT- as a seeker I have the right to point out in my log that they aren't my favorite place to seek a cache. I won't search if my actions are likely to make parents of little kiddies uncomfortable. That's just me being respectful of them and their parental paranoias. I'll just wait for another time to search if it is occupied with playing kids.

My experience with playground hides is that they are due to the curious little eyes and hands that these locations tend to be very high maintenance for the owners as well.

I also added in the email that cachers have as much right to be on the playground as does a child and their mother

And just to flip this one on its head-how would you as a parent like to follow the GPS arrow into the parking lot of the local Gentleman's Club with it's double entendre name and just slightly naughty signage?

It's just as accessible to the public as that playground or the Wal-mart parking lot. I guess this too comes down to personal comfort levels? :surprise:

I personally don't care for the playground type caches, but for a different reason. I've done a few, and with three kids, it's nice to have a place for them to run off some steam, BUT....and this is a big BUT....

there are alot of child predators out there, who may or may not geocache, but if the word gets out about caching and that many are placed around and within playground areas, it gives them a great excuse to be near the kids they are after. As a parent, I fully understand that it is my complete and total responsibility to watch my children. But, there are now laws in place that require those committed of crimes against a child to register online where they live and sometimes where they work. While some people think these methods are extreme, it's worth a child's life to be as safe as we can. Just as schools are against the guidelines, playgrounds, IMHO, should be as well. I have no problem with the rest of the park being open to GCing, and yes, predators could get close at a park as well, but ON the playground is just a little too much for me.

And, while I'm just one opinion, might I also add that all it would take is ONE sexual predator to use the guise of GCing on a playground to get every state in this country to pass laws against geocaching in general. Think of the Amber Law, Megan's Law, etc. It took one kid to be harmed. I would hate to see that GCing in general would be outlawed or severely restricted because there are sick individuals in this world who utilize every chance they can to prey upon children. Playground caches, whether or not you like them, offer these predators the ability to do just that.

I have to say that as a parent, I'd find adults poking around playground equipment while my child was playing there a bit creepy. I wouldn't call the cops or anything, but it would set of red flags for me, and put me on alert to potentially protect my children. Depending on my gut feeling about the situation, I might leave.

That's not to say caches shouldn't be placed there, or even that cachers shouldn't attempt to find them while children are playing, but I wouldn't search for one unless I had my kids with me (and I'd probably let the kids do the searching).

This arguement again? Yep, it's about that time of year.

If you don't like them drive on by...no harm, no foul. I could make a thread about "are x location caches approritate?" and there are pros and cons to every location.

I have kids. My kids love caches in these areas. These locations aren't going to get banned, so no sense arguing against them as locations for caches.

And, while I'm just one opinion, might I also add that all it would take is ONE sexual predator to use the guise of GCing on a playground to get every state in this country to pass laws against geocaching in general. Think of the Amber Law, Megan's Law, etc. It took one kid to be harmed. I would hate to see that GCing in general would be outlawed or severely restricted because there are sick individuals in this world who utilize every chance they can to prey upon children. Playground caches, whether or not you like them, offer these predators the ability to do just that.

Oh, because they can't stand in the park with their dog or something else to totally blend into the surroundings? I can think of umpteen better ways to blend in for a sexual predator than to be walking around suspiciously with a GPSr looking for an ammo can.

I have two small children yet I would never place a cache on or near playground equipment.

Sure we all have a right to visit the park (even men by themselves), but geocaching is about having fun, not placing other cachers in "confrontational positions." I own three park caches, yet none of them have a single log about negative interactions with park visitors. I like my caches to last, so all three are placed on the outskirts of the park, in the tree lines.

I can't possibly fathom why anyone would purposely place a cache in a "high visibility" spot like a playground used by children. Since it's your cache, will you accompany all the future finders so when they do get confronted by angry parents, you can argue geocacher's rights to visit the park? Your cache although "well intentioned" is bad in my book.

The latest fad brought on by "helicopter parents" and overzealous legislators, are parks where the public can be cited for visiting the playground areas without children.

Edited by Kit Fox

Oh, because they can't stand in the park with their dog or something else to totally blend into the surroundings? I can think of umpteen better ways to blend in for a sexual predator than to be walking around suspiciously with a GPSr looking for an ammo can.

Actually, that's not a very good cover either. Anybody that sits around a playground long enough can tell which kids belong to which parents. If I saw a man, who obviously didn't belong to any kids, wandering around, with a GPS, a dog, or whatever in a playlot, that would set off warning signals in my mind. Walking a dog in the rest of the park maybe, but right in the middle of the playground.....no.

But irregardless, that's not the point. The point is, whether or not you agree with the playlot caches, it only takes ONE of these creeps to harm a child while pretending to cache to get GCing outlawed. No one has issue with caches not being placed near state and federal buildings and schools to protect people and kids from terrorists. And yet, the chance of a terrorist attack is minuscule next to the numbers of children who fall prey to these sickos each and every DAY. Boggles my mind why anyone would be willing to take the chance on a child's safety and wellbeing. Sure, kids can get hurt all over the place, but who actually tries to entice criminals to spend time around their children???

I think playgrounds are nice areas for a cache, especially for cachers with kids.

I think the playground equipment itself is a terrible place for a cache; too many inquisitive little minds and busy fingers will make that cache disappear pretty darn fast.

I think that adult cachers without children should wait until there are no children around to look for caches that are too near play equipment.

I think that every adult should go sit in a swing now and then, dragging your feet in the dirt and watching butterflies flutter around on the flowers. That is best done either with a child in tow or with no children around at all.

PS I have a "playground hide" the cache is hidden on the adult exercise equipment.

Edited by Neos2

There are a couple of things going on here.

First adults milling about are fine. Adults in on or near playgrounds are fine. Adults who like watching kids play because it makes them smile are fine. Adult men who are waiting for their wives to get out of the quild shop and who sit on a swing are fine. Parents who are concerned about their kids are fine. In other words, people going about life are fine.

The problem is when people start making behaviors that are ok into something 'scary' and then you have rules and laws that say "no adults in the park unless accompanied by a kid". That rant isn't so much about caching as it is about guys feeling out of place just being alone near a play ground.

I know the goal is safer kids, but punishing honest folks (some of whom could save your kid becasue they are paying attention when you are yacking on your cell phone...) isn't ok. It's a problem.

The real issue with a cache in a playground is that kids will find it. They poke and prod all over that equipment. Anywhere the kids go in a park is not a place for a cache. They will find it. If the cache is reported at that point it's going to get a heck of a lot of media attention. Even if the kids don't find it, the adults watching over them are paying attention (when they are not yacking) and will wonder what the heck a cahcer is up to. Even though it's harmless...It's going to look odd.

Caches in playgrounds may be ok, if they can be placed away from the kids. Then you can drop your kids off to play while you look. Near the activity zone, they are a bad idea.

Edited by Renegade Knight
I also added in the email that cachers have as much right to be on the playground as does a child and their mother.

Unfortunately, we have reached a level of paranoia where the lack of common sense by the public outweighs the rights of the individual. A lone male near a playground is one case where "innocent until proven guilty" does not apply -- I've seen the looks I have gotten when caching by myself near playgrounds and it just isn't worth it.

I'd come back some other time when no one is around.

The real issue with a cache in a playground is that kids will find it. They poke and prod all over that equipment. Anywhere the kids go in a park is not a place for a cache. They will find it.

I take vicarious pleasure in my caches _not_ going missing. It means I did a good job hiding it, and the finders did a good job avoiding muggles to re-hide it.

I have only found a few playground caches. The playgrounds are usually deserted. Wet or even overcast weekend conditions tend to keep mom and the kiddies at home. Off hours visits can also work in my favor. But if I am by myself and there are kiddies nearby, I'll probably pass on it. Just warn me on the cache page that there is a high probability there will usually be little muggles nearby. I don't want to explain Geocaching to mom or the LEO. Even if I never get to log a smilie on it, no big deal. Nobody can do every cache.

I have two small children yet I would never place a cache on or near playground equipment.

Sure we all have a right to visit the park (even men by themselves), but geocaching is about having fun, not placing other cachers in "confrontational positions." I own three park caches, yet none of them have a single log about negative interactions with park visitors. I like my caches to last, so all three are placed on the outskirts of the park, in the tree lines.

I can't possibly fathom why anyone would purposely place a cache in a "high visibility" spot like a playground used by children. Since it's your cache, will you accompany all the future finders so when they do get confronted by angry parents, you can argue geocacher's rights to visit the park? Your cache although "well intentioned" is bad in my book.

The latest fad brought on by "helicopter parents" and overzealous legislators, are parks where the public can be cited for visiting the playground areas without children.

I'll vote with Kit Fox on this one. Why would anyone want to expose geocachers to 'confrotational situations'?

Other thoughts: Our local series of misspelt playground caches seems to have been archived. Hmm... Lots of fun(?) Am I counting 'tiers' or 'tires'? What's a 'roler'? (If you wanted me to count black treads, don't call them 'rolers'.)

Sorry if I wandered into a "Adults only permitted when accompanied by children" area. But, I would not use that language in front of your children. You shouldn't, either.

Not to mention that my favorite rest stop in the Uppper East Side now appears to be within such an area. Haven't had any problems using the rest rooms there, yet...

I have a mystery where completing the coordinates requires going into a playground. There is no container, the answer is part of the equipment. Most folks get it at times where there are no kids around, some have aborted because of too many kids at the playground, and ALL cachers with kids love it. The final (with container) is quite a distance from the actual playground.

EVERY cache I have encountered where it was hidden in the playground itself has been archived because the cache comes up missing (no surprise there). Based on this experience, I will not place a cache on a playground or equipment since I would not expect it to last long (thus not worth my effort).

That being said, I agree with Kit Fox about being near a playground, but not necessarily ON the playground or equipment (unless a clue is inherent in the equipment, such as my mystery). Several caching days have been organized around caches near/on playgrounds since it is great fun for the kids.

I have several different grand children that geocache with me from time to time. They love finding geocaches in playgrounds and often make it easier to find the cache without causing raised eyebrows.

If there are children at the parks when I am alone I skip the cache. No one has a gun to my head saying "You have to find this cache" There are plenty of caches if I skip this one and I would hope there would be another time I could return either with one of the grandkids or when the park is empty. It really isn't much different than skipping a "normal" cache that has muggles in the area. I skip them to and come back another time if that is the best way to handle the situation.

If we avoid playgrounds then we should also avoid baseball/softball parks, and parks in general and everywhere that children may be found??

I would think we as geocachers can use common sense when geocaching and that would help avoid most 'confrotational situations'.

I am a parent of 3 children, aged 8 through 12. In 12 years, my kids have never been in a situation where some weirdo could harm them in any way. If some sicko is able to abuse your child in a public park, then that child is not being parented.

If some old guy was milling around the playground equipment while my kid was playing, I would ask them what they were doing, because an old man hanging around children in a playground doesn't look good.

Be good parents and keep your kids safe.

(and no, I think placing caches near children's playground equipment is not a good thing)

If we avoid playgrounds then we should also avoid baseball/softball parks, and parks in general and everywhere that children may be found??

That is an exaggeration of the issue.

Yes it is. I won't do playground caches. They might be OK if you have small kids and they geocache. I also agree with RK that the kids will muggle anything you find after you leave.

If some sicko is able to abuse your child in a public park, then that child is not being parented.

I don't think this is a fair statement. First off, that "sicko" doesn't have to abuse your child, they can abduct them. It only takes a few seconds to abduct a child. Secondly, that would mean that you feel that any child that has been abducted or abused at any point is due to faulty parenting. What about kids who've been abused by boy scout leader, camp counselors, or priests? The sad fact is, there are alot of horrible people in the world, and they come in all shapes and sizes, with all sorts of professions. Child molesters and kidnappers aren't dressed up as monsters, they look like everyday people. No child, no matter how good the parent is, is ever 100% safe. I wonder if you've ever looked online to see if one of these "sickos" lives near you, and if you haven't, would you answer honestly?

The point is, statistically, there are geocachers out there that have been convicted of a crime against a child. By placing a cache in a playlot, you are inviting them to a place with an "excuse" to be around a sector of the population where they have no business being. I'll say it again, everyone seems to agree that caches shouldn't be around schools, how is this any different?

To the OP: I realize that people who have placed these caches aren't thinking of child molesters and kidnappers, they're just trying to have fun. And, I agree that caches in playgrounds can be great fun for families and the kids involved. It's unfortunate, however, that the deviants in society make things the way they do. I wish your caches were safer and that I didn't have to be concerned about such things, but it's the way the world is. I do, however, enjoy caches placed in other areas of a park, and when we're done, we can take the kids over for some exercise too.

I don't think this is a fair statement. First off, that "sicko" doesn't have to abuse your child, they can abduct them. It only takes a few seconds to abduct a child. Secondly, that would mean that you feel that any child that has been abducted or abused at any point is due to faulty parenting. What about kids who've been abused by boy scout leader, camp counselors, or priests?

I think you missed the context of my post, for that I apologize. There was a recent tragic event at the grand canyon just a week or so ago where a four year old child fell off the cliff to her death. The father broke his leg in an attempt to reach the girl and attempt rescue. The tragedy of the situation doesn't lessen the obvious question of, "What was the parent doing while his four year old fell off the cliff?".. Just because something is a tragedy doesn't remove blame from the parents... I feel horrible for the parents.. They are going to have to live with their lapse for the rest of their lives though..

I think we're getting off topic though.. OF COURSE some situations can happen no matter how good of a parent you are. I again apologize if my comment was misinterpreted.

There was a recent tragic event at the grand canyon just a week or so ago where a four year old child fell off the cliff to her death. The father broke his leg in an attempt to reach the girl and attempt rescue. The tragedy of the situation doesn't lessen the obvious question of, "What was the parent doing while his four year old fell off the cliff?".. Just because something is a tragedy doesn't remove blame from the parents... I feel horrible for the parents.. They are going to have to live with their lapse for the rest of their lives though.
That was horrible. Some friends of ours were there 30 minutes before that happened. Those parents will live that nightmare the rest of their lives.

<snip>

I wrote another note which says the following:

"Greetings. I'm sorry you feel this way. For those of us with children, it's the perfect place. I make a point to put something in the hints field so you know you're getting into a sandy situation."

<snip>

Hints are meant to be decoded in the field if you are having trouble finding the cache after you start looking for the cache. IHMO, putting information that you expect to be read before someone goes to the cache site does no good. I suggest you place information about, as you put it, "sandy situations" in the description and not the hint. That way your cache be avoided before the person goes there. After all once they are there it should be obvious that the cache is in the playground and the hint is no longer useful. At that point it is only stating the obvious. I'd say that a hint like that would rank right up there with hints like these http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=31430.

I suggest you place information about, as you put it, "sandy situations" in the description and not the hint. That way your cache be avoided before the person goes there.

Point taken, so I edited all of my playground cache listings this morning.

Edited by meralgia

I have a playground cache hidden. However, it is not close to the actual playground equipment. You could not drop your kids off while you went and got it as you have to go around a row a trees which blocks your site. So, I guess its about 500 ft or so from the actual playground equipment. I have put on the cache page that there is a high muggle tendency at times and to try to do this at other times of the day. I do have it hidden in a way that if I didn't know it was there and someone went after it, I would wonder what they were up to, but would not be concerned for my kids. I would just think the person was a weirdo for walking in that direction since they are only walking into a dead end of woods.

My comment was made with the thought that the OP meant a cache hidden at a playground...not on playground equipment. Yes, kids will likely find whatever you hide, especially if someone walks up and finds it with kids around.

I won't (and haven't) placed a cache in or on ANY play equipment, but I have found a few. Mostly, when we find them, the kids are in school (I have the winters off) or it's a dreary day and no kids about.

I still feel that adults at playgrounds is not an automatic problem. As I've said before, if a parent feels uncomfortable, they too have choices! Talk to the person making them uncomfortable, watch closer, take your kids out of the area etc. A child being watched is likely a safe child.

How about the sexual predators who already claim they are birdwatching, to explain their binoculars?

Or the ones who are "nature photographers" so they can take close up pics of your innocent kids playing on the swings? :blink:

..and all it would take is for one terrorist to hide his bomb but label it 'official geocache' before Homeland Security outlaws our sport too right? :blink:

umm, yea right.... :P:P

Sheesh, hide them where you want to, and seek them where you want to. There's plenty of space for plenty of caches so we can all play the way we enjoy and have FUN!

I've recently gotten into a conversation with another cacher who had this to say on a log note: "Drove up and took a pass on this one. Hopefully there are better places in the park for hides."

Yes, indeed. Like the bushes over in the corner, where everyone in the park watches you enter the park, go in to the bushes, squat down for a while, and then come back out and quickly leave the park.

How about the sexual predators who already claim they are birdwatching, to explain their binoculars?

Or the ones who are "nature photographers" so they can take close up pics of your innocent kids playing on the swings? :blink:

..and all it would take is for one terrorist to hide his bomb but label it 'official geocache' before Homeland Security outlaws our sport too right? :blink:

umm, yea right.... :P:P

Sheesh, hide them where you want to, and seek them where you want to. There's plenty of space for plenty of caches so we can all play the way we enjoy and have FUN!

Well said Wimsey....well said!! I wanted to comment on that as well, but thought I'd just leave it alone!!

Yes, indeed. Like the bushes over in the corner, where everyone in the park watches you enter the park, go in to the bushes, squat down for a while, and then come back out and quickly leave the park.

Yep, the playground is the ONLY place this happens. Come on, if this is your reasoning, you might just as well quit caching altogether.

I've visited many locations where kids were present, should I just skip ANY cache where a kid might be? I'd really hate to "scare" their parents after all!

Yep, the playground is the ONLY place this happens. Come on, if this is your reasoning, you might just as well quit caching altogether.

I've visited many locations where kids were present, should I just skip ANY cache where a kid might be? I'd really hate to "scare" their parents after all!

Oh don't get me wrong - if you were referring to my post. I'll go into the corner and squat down in any muggle infested location rather than walk away.

Or the ones who are "nature photographers" so they can take close up pics of your innocent kids playing on the swings? :P

umm, yea right.... :blink::P

Funny that you said that, since we can't hide them around state and federal buildings and schools because of terrorists, yet a terrorist attack is slim to none. Quite different odds for the other issue.

There aren't organizations that rely on online sources to continue birdwatching and nature photography. And I would think the same thing of anyone claiming to do either of those activities as any bird watcher would know, you won't have a good chance at spotting birds in a loud and active areas. Oh sure you'll find some, but it will be the pigeons, seagulls, and other commonly found birds that you could see in any parking lot. Those aren't the types of birds that people go out to "watch" (that's why bird watching areas are often found off the beaten path). And a nature photographer will have a hard time taking pictures of nature when it's covered with playground equipment and crumbled up tires. Any vegetation is bound to be trampled over anyway or again too common for someone in that line of activity to care about....but nice try.

If something were to happen in the future to a child because of GCing, it could cause it to be outlawed. Look at all the restrictions being placed all over because of bomb squads having to come out, etc. This is just one more way to kill GCing altogether. Maybe it's no sweat of your back, as you're not legally responsible, but how are you going to feel if it ends your recreational activity you so enjoy?

If you're not concerned about, then by all means, be the creepy man around running around a playlot. Are we all so close-minded that we can't let the kids have the one place set aside for them? There's so many other places in the world to hide these caches, do we have to make people uncomfortable and leave from a place that was designed for kids to play, not adults? No one is asking anyone to stop hiding caches anywhere kids can be, that's just being ridiculous. Why do people always have to approach something as it's the other person's problem? Why is it so hard to see that kids have one place designed for them in mind, the playground. It wasn't designed for geocachers to have another place to hide something. It doesn't hurt any GCers to just hide them elsewhere. And in turn, we can help keep kids safe.

And as everyone has already mentioned, those caches are just asking to be muggled. So, no matter how you look at the situation, it's just a bad place to hide a cache.

I suggest you place information about, as you put it, "sandy situations" in the description and not the hint. That way your cache be avoided before the person goes there.

Point taken. I will be editing my playground cache listings. Didn't think playground caches were so controversial.

Thanks for editing the listing.

I guess playground caches aren't much of a problem for people who cache with children. But a lone male searching a playground tends to raise some eyebrows and quite often spurs calls to the police. I don't know why mothers go right to the cell phone without asking what you are up to but trust me they call first and ask questions never.

I don't think playground are bad but as I seem to be one who tends cause mothers to reach for their cells phones as I approach a playground full of children I don't hunt playground caches by myself. I tend to cache alone more than I do with family or other people. I also don't tend to go on cache runs either. So if I get to a cache location and have to abort once I am there that may have been the only geocache that I was going after that day. :P It is nice to know before taking the time (and money) to go to the cache location that the cache is a cache that I should avoid hunting or only hunt when I have family in tow.

Note: In this post, "PE" stands for "playground equipment". My fingers are getting tired just typing it.

If I weren't a cacher, and I saw a man squat and "spend time" near the PE, I'd think that they were taking a leak or doing something worse. I'd probably call the cops about that instead of someone rooting around the PE.

Once, when hiding a cache, I've been asked what the GPS was. I told them, "it's a GPS," and they just said, "oh." They didn't even ask why I was looking under the slides. There was a time, however, when I pretended it was my cell phone and just talked to myself to avoid having to explain anything. Felt like a geek, but it worked!

If anyone asks what I'm doing when I'm looking for places to hide them, I tell them that I'm "checking for cracks and manufacturer defects" under the slides. (I've actually hidden one in a park with a huge crack under the slide!) If you're "grandpa" age, you could simply tell them that you'll be watching the grandkids over the weekend and wanted to be sure the PE was safe before taking them there. You don't really have to have grandkids, of course. ; )

Why is it so hard to see that kids have one place designed for them in mind, the playground. It wasn't designed for geocachers to have another place to hide something. It doesn't hurt any GCers to just hide them elsewhere.
What, like in a hollow tree? Oh, that’s original. To be honest, I get tired of tree caches. It’s refreshing to find them in a statue or a train car, but there aren't a lot of those with "good places".

Eight out of ten times, I don't find a good spot for a cache on the PE anyway. But since my son plays there, it's always the first place I look; I'm not going to just leave him there and find a better place in the bushes off to the side. When he is done playing, however, we go to the other said corner of the park and look for a spot to hide one. Six out of ten times, we can't even find an appropriate place to hide one and just dismiss the park as uncachable. After all, I really don't want to drive back ten times to replace containers. I already have one in mind that I'm archiving because it keeps falling out of the darn, boring tree. Ah well--I asked for it, right?

Edited by meralgia

LOL!! Excellent point!! In fact, that may even appear worse when it's a couple (or a couple of guys) caching together, ducking off into the woods for a few minutes and then reappearing. :):)

LOL!! Excellent point!! In fact, that may even appear worse when it's a couple (or a couple of guys) caching together, ducking off into the woods for a few minutes and then reappearing. :):)

Yup, that's why I always adjust my zipper as I'm exiting the woods if muggles are nearby. :)

Let them think what they want. :)