MICKEY DIVER MYSTERY MICRO GEOCOIN

E.N.I.G.M.A

Throughout the weekend I had this strange sense of being followed, or at least stared at. I just brushed it off to the normal being stalked by tsun thing since we all know she has a thing for me. But every oncve in awhile I would hear a snicker that was familiar enough to know but I just couldn't put my finger on from where. Then as GW6 went on, I started to catch glimpses on black circles. AT the time it didn't add up as to what they were, but now make much more sense. It's funny looking back on all the signs how.

When I got back to the hotel to set up fr the evening event, I sat my In N Out burgers down for a moment while I moved a box or two. When I turned back, I found the cutest little coin I have seen in some time. Big round ears. Check. Familiar white stripe on red. Check. Very much enlarged smile on my face. Check.

I found a Mickey Diver Coin and am very happy. Thanks Mickey. You ever see me again, speak up and the cheese is on me.

Throughout the weekend I had this strange sense of being followed, or at least stared at. I just brushed it off to the normal being stalked by tsun thing since we all know she has a thing for me. But every oncve in awhile I would hear a snicker that was familiar enough to know but I just couldn't put my finger on from where. Then as GW6 went on, I started to catch glimpses on black circles. AT the time it didn't add up as to what they were, but now make much more sense. It's funny looking back on all the signs how.

When I got back to the hotel to set up fr the evening event, I sat my In N Out burgers down for a moment while I moved a box or two. When I turned back, I found the cutest little coin I have seen in some time. Big round ears. Check. Familiar white stripe on red. Check. Very much enlarged smile on my face. Check.

I found a Mickey Diver Coin and am very happy. Thanks Mickey. You ever see me again, speak up and the cheese is on me.

Hey, CONGRATS PGH!!! That Mickey sure can be an elusive one!!

Well, we went diving this weekend at Possum Kingdom lake, here in Texas. I took my Mystery Mickey Diver Coin down with me! Unfortunately, before any pictures could be taken, I had an equipment malfunction, and had to surface. That was the end of my diving for the weekend.

I made a couple of crucial mistakes on that dive. Number one, and probably the one that potentially could have been the worst, I dove alone. The hubby and kids were pulling in the dive flag that had gotten tangled, and I decided to test my navigational skills, ALONE, since the compass always seems to get the best of me, and I wanted to show the kids that I really did know where I was going, sometimes!

So I swam out about 50 or so yards from the shore, picked a large tree stump sticking out of the water about 5 feet from the shore as my goal, and got my compass lined up, and knew the depth at that particular area was only about 20 feet, THANK GOD!!

I dropped down, bounced off the rocks when I hit bottom, and couldn't figure out why. I checked my compass and started to head back to shore. I kept hitting the rocks, so I bumped the air to inflate my BCD a little, just enough to get me off the rocks. Well, I was still hitting the rocks, so I bumped the air again, and the again. After doing this a few times, I looked up at my hose, only to discover that the hose had become disconnected from the buttons, and every time I tried to air up the BCD, it was just going to the surface, and my BCS was now filling with water!! So now, instead of the 14lbs of weight that I dive on, I probably had 10 more lbs of water!! This is a brand-new BCD that I've only dived in 3 times!

I had TWO choices, panic and dump my weights and try to surface straight up, or keep the weights, and slowly work my way up the rocks, using my compass, and hoping this time, I really could follow it!

Well, considering that I had just purchased the weights 3 days before, and had bought them at a very HIGH price ($25 for a 5-lb weight, and $20 for a 4-lb weight bought in Abilene, whereas in Dallas, they sell for $2.50 a piece!), I couldn't make myself dump $70 worth of weight! That greed could have turned out to be my second mistake.

But, luck, good fortune, Scuba Steve (my Scuba Diver LegoMan) and Mickey Diver were with me!! I took out that compass that I had been having issues with, rubbed my pocket where Scuba Steve and Mickey were riding, and began a slow ascent to the surface by pulling myself along the rocks, following the compass. It took me about 10 minutes, but I surfaced within 2 feet of the tree stump that I had pinpointed as my goal! I had done it! I had actually been able to navigate with my compass (I think it was my hitchhikers that helped me!)

And, guess what?!! My family had been so busy, they hadn't even realized I wasn't where they had left me! When I told them what had happened, and showed them the hose, they were shocked that I hadn't panicked! You see, I am the one that didn't want to learn to dive, because I am very scared of the water. I only got certified so we could have some quality family time together, and the kids loved diving! I almost drowned in a lake when I was 14, and I still shower with the water to my back! So they were proud of me for making a giant step in the right direction in my diving career!

Mickey Diver, THANK YOU for riding along and helping to bring me home safe! I'm so sorry we didn't get pictures, but I wasn't going to go back and do it again!! lol (And sorry for the LONG story!)

The Amigos - I'm glad to hear things turned out the way they did... and it's a good thing that you had your "Mickey Diver" with you! I think (ok, I KNOW) I would have been in a panic and shot up to the top!!

Congrats to all of the Micky Diver receivers!!

At 20ft, I could have gone to the surface fairly easy without too much problem., but any deeper than that and you really have to be careful how quick you surface, because you can blow up your lungs, literally!

But Mickey took care of me!! You know, mice can swim quite well!

When I got home from school today and checked the mail, at the bottom of the pile was a small envelope. It was adressed to me... from me! Immideately I knew what this was and when I opened it up I was thrilled to find out that it was the wonderful Mickey Diver coin that I had wanted so much. Thank you!!! This is the first mystery coin I have gotten in the mail and I still can't entirely believe it happened.

Love the stories! Never imagined Id be telling one as well!!!

Checked mail today - and what was there, but a small envelope. (I immediately thought PATHTAG!) But saw the return addy was my own!

A smaller envelope inside as well - Couldn't imagine what it was...

MICKEY DIVER!!!!!!!! WOOT! I RAN in the house to show Jim... couldn't believe it.

Thank you SO much for sending us one of these ADORABLE coins - its a treasure!

~P

When I got home from school today and checked the mail, at the bottom of the pile was a small envelope. It was adressed to me... from me! Immideately I knew what this was and when I opened it up I was thrilled to find out that it was the wonderful Mickey Diver coin that I had wanted so much. Thank you!!! This is the first mystery coin I have gotten in the mail and I still can't entirely believe it happened.

Congrats to you dimkasmir!! ;)

Wow - a Mickey Diver and a cointest win in the same week. :o

Better get a lottery ticket as well. ;)

Congrats to all the Mickey Diver holders.

What a Great Birthday Present!

Thanks, M-I-C-K-E-Y !!!

ajune028cu3.jpg

Happy Birthday Girl. Congrads on receiving the mystery coin from the Mickey Diver himself.

Wow a great present anyone could receive specially for their Birthday.

Hope you day was as extra special as your are.

Barry and Valarie

sweetlife