Stormcloud coin

stormcloud

Just my .02 with a few fo the other changes suggested.

• Moving the lightning bold up a bit.
  • Doing one in Gray if you like
  • Red glow eyes
  • I would make the bold on the back glow as well.
  • Change wording to have your caching name added. "Stormcloud...Caching up a storm"
  • If you go with translucent enamel make sure to add some texture under it. Helps show it better.

storm.jpg

Agian just my .02

• Red glow eyes
  • Change wording to have your caching name added. "Stormcloud...Caching up a storm"
  • If you go with translucent enamel make sure to add some texture under it. Helps show it better.

storm.jpg

Agian just my .02

I like the idea of the cloud being in gray. Makes it look meaner! :surprise:

I agree with both of these posts!

• Red glow eyes

storm.jpg

Agian just my .02

To me, this makes the bolt seem to be coming from the nose (like an ugly booger)...I doubt the bolt would get broken from a quality made coin (I could be wrong though).

I like the coin!!

Nice coin ...but check with the coin makers to see if the lightning bolt will be ok sticking down that far.I'll trade for a couple!

I like the coin a lot as well. I don't think the lightning bolt sticking out will be an issue if the coin is made from brass or copper base metal, but the cost of the coin is proportional somewhat to the diameter of the die. So if this were a 3" coin, that would mean that the whole thing fits in a 3" circle. Having the lighting bolt stick out like it's shown means that the cloud portion is that much smaller. I had the same issue when I did my first GasCans geocoin -- I wanted the gas filling nozzle to be sticking out, but that would have just made the rest of the coin too small.

You have lots of options here for enamel filling. That may be your best route to go for various 'coin editions' instead of choosing different metal types.

White glow lightning bolt, Red eyes, gray cloud

Yellow glow lightning bolt, green eyes, white cloud

Blue lightning bolt, red glow eyes, black cloud

etc etc etc.

Nice coin ...but check with the coin makers to see if the lightning bolt will be ok sticking down that far.I'll trade for a couple!

I like the coin a lot as well. I don't think the lightning bolt sticking out will be an issue if the coin is made from brass or copper base metal, but the cost of the coin is proportional somewhat to the diameter of the die. So if this were a 3" coin, that would mean that the whole thing fits in a 3" circle. Having the lighting bolt stick out like it's shown means that the cloud portion is that much smaller. I had the same issue when I did my first GasCans geocoin -- I wanted the gas filling nozzle to be sticking out, but that would have just made the rest of the coin too small.

You have lots of options here for enamel filling. That may be your best route to go for various 'coin editions' instead of choosing different metal types.

White glow lightning bolt, Red eyes, gray cloud

Yellow glow lightning bolt, green eyes, white cloud

Blue lightning bolt, red glow eyes, black cloud

etc etc etc.

Good ideas!!