Newbie here

oldtool53

Hi folks,

I am in eastern NC. Had never heard of geo-caching until last weekend. Saw a reference to it in a metal detecting magazine. I already have a GPS. It is a Magellan Explorist 200. I use it sometimes when I am out kayaking. It is a simple unit without a lot of bells and whistles. I am going to give this geo-caching thing a try real soon. There are several caches within 5 miles of my home. Hope to meet some of you soon.

Mark (oldtool53) :wub:

Edited by oldtool53

Welcome, Mark. A new demension added to your GPS, I see.

I learned about Geocaching at a Metal Detecting forum. Geocaching has led me to some potential MD sites I never would have considered. A "Win-Win Situation" for both hobbies.

And now here at Geocaching.Com I learned about www.wheresgeorge.com so another hobby is under way as well :surprise:

Well then, please allow me the pleasure of being the first to welcome you to our crazy little game!

Just be warned, your friends and family will most likely not understand the new obsession hobby. You can try, but don't judge them too harshly when they don't get it!! :blink:

Thanks for the welcome !! :P

Welcome, Mark. A new demension added to your GPS, I see.

I learned about Geocaching at a Metal Detecting forum. Geocaching has led me to some potential MD sites I never would have considered. A "Win-Win Situation" for both hobbies.

And now here at Geocaching.Com I learned about www.wheresgeorge.com so another hobby is under way as well :P

Hey, I had not thought of that. Thanks for the welcome.

Mark