Bible Trivia Coin Contests

Cornerstone4

John 8:3-6

"And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,

They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

The truth is, no one knows as an absolute certainty, what Jesus wrote on the ground, but judging by the context (Moses and the Law that was written), the wording, the accusatory nature, and the fact that the only other place in Holy scripture where we see the illustration of the finger of God writing is in the writing the law, this strongly implies that Jesus was writing the commandments of God.

Exodus 31:18

"And He gave unto Moses, when He had made an end of communing with him on Mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God!"

8:1 But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?" 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him. But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground. 9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?" 11 "No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin" [John 8:1-11 NIV].

"He had no form or comeliness that we should look at Him, and no beauty that we should desire Him. He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces He was despised, and we esteemed Him not" (Isaiah 53:2-3 RSV)

Oh dear, I'm afraid I'm going to have to give up and call it a night. Even with the hint I'm lost, completely... not to mention tired as heck - amazingly enough, one 18 month old and her 7 year old sister can really tucker a body out!

Ni-nite all and congrats to whoever wins! For the record, had I won, I was going to share the booty with the folks who came up with 1 and 2! Only fair, ya know :wub:

Oh dear, I'm afraid I'm going to have to give up and call it a night. Even with the hint I'm lost, completely... not to mention tired as heck - amazingly enough, one 18 month old and her 7 year old sister can really tucker a body out!

Ni-nite all and congrats to whoever wins! For the record, had I won, I was going to share the booty with the folks who came up with 1 and 2! Only fair, ya know :wub:

I f I can get this you will have an email waiting for you!

Edited by Ble68

"Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking to me, and on turning I saw seven golden lampstands, and in the midst of the lampstands one like a son of man, clothed with a long robe and with a golden girdle round His breast; His head and His hair were white as white wool, white as snow; His eyes were like a flame of fire, His feet were like burnished bronze, refined as in a furnace, and His voice was like the sound of many waters; in His right hand He held seven stars, from His mouth issued a sharp two-edged sword, and His face was like the sun shining in full strength. When I saw Him, I fell at His feet as though dead. But He laid His right hand upon me, saying, "Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the Living One; I died, and behold I am alive for evermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades." (Revelation 1:12-18 RSV)

Due to my receiving Cornerstone's request to close one of these merged threads, after the threads were merged, and not knowing they had been merged, and I was just doing like I was asked, and it's just a simple mistake anyone could make, I am reopening this thread at the OP's request.