Bible Trivia Coin Contests

Cornerstone4

This contest is for a Satin Gold finish version of my new coin. Only 5 were made with this finish!

I figured if I was going to have a contest, I may as well make it a Bible trivia contest!

This may be painfully easy for you. With Google, it's hard to come up with anything that a quick search won't yield...but here we go...

I'm thinking of two people that were killed "playing" with fire...

What are their names, and who were they?

(There may be several that fit the above description...but you have to post the two that I am thinking of...)

First post here get's the coin.

No editing please.

1 guess every 10 minutes.

Good Luck!

Nadab and Abihu

Forgot to add who they were, Aaron's sons.

See...that was too easy! :D

You've got it. Send my your addy and I'll get you the coin!

(I'm going to have to dig deeper for the next one!) :D

:D missed it THanks for the cointest and congrats!

Edited by Ble68

Woah, really?

I don't actually think it was all that easy, their story is just memorable from way back when because they played with (strange) fire after being told not too, and they got burned because of it!

My first cointest win, thanks!!

Then well worth it!! :D Congratulations

Woah, really?

I don't actually think it was all that easy, their story is just memorable from way back when because they played with (strange) fire after being told not too, and they got burned because of it!

My first cointest win, thanks!!

Good memory!

I knew I couldn't use "Strange fire" since a quick search brings that up right away!

Congrats!

By the way, Cornerstone4, you are making it VERY hard for me to be a good Christian..... cuz I'm a'coveting the heck outta that coin!! :D

LOL- Beware of worshipping false idols!

(I'm working on another one now...trying to be more obscure...)

Open to suggestions? Although it's not Bible related, I have yet to see anyone calculate the air speed velocity of particular birds from various continents. Just tryin' to get you your forum's worth, y'know? :wub:

By the way, Cornerstone4, you are making it VERY hard for me to be a good Christian..... cuz I'm a'coveting the heck outta that coin!! :D

Open to suggestions? Although it's not Bible related, I have yet to see anyone calculate the air speed velocity of particular birds from various continents. Just tryin' to get you your forum's worth, y'know? :wub:

African or European?

Open to suggestions? Although it's not Bible related, I have yet to see anyone calculate the air speed velocity of particular birds from various continents. Just tryin' to get you your forum's worth, y'know? :D

:wub:

Ok, I tried to be a bit more obscure...but it's hard. There are so many complete Bible texts online that it's hard!

I gave serious thought to Yime's idea...NOT. :wub:

So, here you go...a three part question...of course, that means I'll pony up three coins!

1 each of Gold, Nickel, and Copper finish.

1.- I am thinking of the name of a son of a concubine.

2.- What was discussed being being caught with a fishhook?

3.- There is a reference to Jesus' inscription...what AND where is it?

Thats all for now!

No editing, and one post per 5 minutes.

Good luck.

1- Abimelech

2-The Lord deliver us from being caught as debtors to the like of him

3-An inscription in stone, found in or near Jerusalem and written in a language and script of 2,000 years ago, bears the words ''James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus.''

Number 1 is correct. (And here I thought that would take the most guesses...there are a LOT of sons of concubines! ) :wub:

An ancient burial artefact found in Israel may be the earliest archaeological reference to Jesus Christ ever discovered.

The limestone burial box for bones - called an ossuary - bears an inscription reading "James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus" in the Aramaic language.

1. Abemelech

2. The Leviathan

3. Mark 12:16

But Jesus knew their hypocrisy. "Why are you trying to trap me?" he asked. "Bring me a denarius and let me look at it." 16They brought the coin, and he asked them, "Whose portrait is this? And whose inscription?"

"Caesar's," they replied.

17Then Jesus said to them, "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's."

And they were amazed at him.

The bible inscription reads:

"To his Highness Maharajah Duleep Singh. This Holy Book in which he has been led by God‘s Grace to find an inheritance, riches far (greater?) than all earthly kingdoms is presented with sincere respect and regards by his faithful friend Dalhousie April 18th 1854"

1. Abemelech

2. The Leviathan

3. 2 Timothy 2:19

14Keep reminding them of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen. 15Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 16Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly. 17Their teaching will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus, 18who have wandered away from the truth. They say that the resurrection has already taken place, and they destroy the faith of some. 19Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his,"[a] and, "Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness."