Signal Geocoins

sweetlife

<_<

This is the response I received on August 21st when I asked about the whereabouts of the August Signal coin.

Signal is currently on hiatus although we have not made a formal announcement. We had a lot of fun working on him and have not made a decision yet on the future but for the near term we won't have a new Signal.

:(

Hello,

The Signal series was discontinued after the July coin. Sorry <_<

We hope to make a few individual Signals in the future but there are no definite plans.

Thank you,

This is the answer I got half september.

Afther this I asked some other questions, but I don't know if I can post it over here :(.

So I'll send it via PM.

Thanks for posting that Lenny. I wasn't aware of that information either. Seems they should have made some type of announcement.

Thanks from me too Lenny. I haven't missed a Signal coin yet and was wondering when I would finally have to stop collecting them but I see that decision has been made for me. If I had to make the decision to stop collecting the coins it would be like pulling the life-support for a close family member. Now I can only look back at my binder with Signal coins, much like looking at photo albums of the family as they grew older. I guess we can always tell Signal stories here, to help keep the memories alive. Ahhhh, that was a good time of my life. I'll miss you old friend, I'll cherish the memories always.

:D:P:)

Yeah...I got in on that sale....cheaper than travel bugs and included my favorite couple of th coins, so couldn't really go wrong. Too bad they're discontinued though...I like the lil guy :D

:D is gone from geocoins??? I guess I should start collecting them. :)

Now is the time, a lot of the older coins are experiencing a major fire sale at their store! :):)

Thanks for posting that Lenny. I wasn't aware of that information either. Seems they should have made some type of announcement.

Thanks from me too Lenny. I haven't missed a Signal coin yet and was wondering when I would finally have to stop collecting them but I see that decision has been made for me. If I had to make the decision to stop collecting the coins it would be like pulling the life-support for a close family member. Now I can only look back at my binder with Signal coins, much like looking at photo albums of the family as they grew older. I guess we can always tell Signal stories here, to help keep the memories alive. Ahhhh, that was a good time of my life. I'll miss you old friend, I'll cherish the memories always.

;):rolleyes::D

I just discovered those cuties and, since I collect frog stuff, fell in love with them. Just ordered a few, but was wondering when they started. Is it possible to get a listing of the Signal geocoins issued? Thx.

Is it possible to get a listing of the Signal geocoins issued?
The GeoCoin Store made 19 Signal geocoins in all

One each month from January 2006 through July 2007

Sixteen of these are still available at their web store

They also made CITO coins featuring Signal for 2006 and 2007

GeoSwag has been making non-trackable Signal pins for a while

They also recently produced a couple of Signal coins

personally, i love the signal frog stuff. just received the antenna topper and can't wait to get it on my truck. i will be the only person around this area to have one, for sure!!! well, i will probably be the only person around this area who knows what the heck it is, too. not very many geocachers in Poplarville, MS, unfortunately.

i hope to change that eventually.

I am looking for the owner of Signal geocoin , with a travel bug plate engraved, and a TB # as a tracking #.

I came across this coin today, and it seems to have no owner, and is untrackable from my end. It is not logged into the cache I retrieved it from, and punching in the tag # brought me to an activation page.

This coin is marked as Australia World Geocaching Series, Australia, 2006, Sept 1 - Sept 30.

In an hour of searching the net,n I have come up with zip for answers. Any insights?

I am looking for the owner of Signal geocoin , with a travel bug plate engraved, and a TB # as a tracking #.

I came across this coin today, and it seems to have no owner, and is untrackable from my end. It is not logged into the cache I retrieved it from, and punching in the tag # brought me to an activation page.

This coin is marked as Australia World Geocaching Series, Australia, 2006, Sept 1 - Sept 30.

In an hour of searching the net,n I have come up with zip for answers. Any insights?

Looks to me like you found an UNactivated Signal Geocoin :(