email settings

Donald, Daisy and Kids

A week or so ago I set our email settings for the forums to receive only the daily digest but we keep on receiving the delayed email notification on new posts.

Over the past week I have used our "control panel" to change all our forum subscriptions to the daily digest, but when we "watch" a new post it still continues to sign us up for the delayed email notification.

I double checked the settings and even changed it back to delayed email notifications, then saved, and logged off, then logged back on and changed back to the daily digest, and logged out and in again.

Subscribed to a few new threads again today but it is still doing the delayed email thing.

Why is it so??

This is still happening. Ive double checked our forum settings and all the settings are correct but it is still happening.....

The settings are as follows:

Privacy Settings

NOT TICKED: Hide my email address from other members

TICKED: Send me any updates sent by the board administrator

Board Preferences

TICKED: Include a copy of the post when emailing me from a subscribed topic

TICKED: Send a confirmation email when I receive a new private message

TICKED: Enable 'Email Notification' by default?

Type chosen: Daily Email Digest

I even changed the settings to "no email" and clicked "AMEND MY EMAIL SETTINGS" but it hasnt changed the fact that when we receive the forum emails and then subscribe to a thread using the built in link for subscription, it automatically subscribes as "DELAYED EMAIL NOTIFICATION".

It is becoming so irritating we just want to unsubscribe from the forums all together!

PS: Ive logged off and back on to the boards but it still wont do what I want as my default email settings (I want to have the daily digest as default)

can anyone help on this topic please>???

If you have Comcast there is an email problem. Try getting a gmail account. Once i switched to gmail problem solved. Good luck

Don't watch things - the watch triggers an email of new postings. Just ask for the digest.

Best bet is to just return here to check or bookmark the thread.

The problem is when I receive an email from the forums I watch, they have the following in the email:

Please note that if you wish to get email notification of any replies to this topic, you will have to click on the

"Track this Topic" link shown on the topic page, or by visiting the link below:

When I click the link, it automatically places it in the wrong format (I selected daily digest as my format).