GeoWoodstock VI is coming!

Escapades

The River City Geocaching & Dining Society (RCGDS) and the Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers (NUTS) are proud and honored to have been selected as the hosts of GeoWoodstock VI.

This years GeoWoodstock event will be held May 24, 2008 in Wheatland, CA in the Sacramento Valley. The events registration and information page is now up and running.

This will be the largest Geocaching event ever held! We hope you will have the chance to come to California and be part of it.

For more information and to register go to

http://www.geowoodstockvi.com/

Edited by Escapades

It's so good to see the old Mopar back in the forums again. ;)

GW6 just might be even better than GW5. We'll have to wait 219 days to find out though. :P

Thanks! :huh:

When they didn't even bother to notice that they were posting right above ANOTHER GW6 thread in my regional forum that's spam.

Edited by Mopar

I am sorry. I didn't realize that this was an offense. I don't post in these forums often. Since it is an event that many people from many different areas want to attend I thought it would be proper to post to different regions so each area would know about it. I only read the region I live in so I didn't think that it would be a problem. I also didn't know there was a problem with past GeoWoodstocks and these forums.

I am sorry for this error. Thank you fro telling me the proper way to post in the forums.

Mike

I am sorry. I didn't realize that this was an offense. I don't post in these forums often. Since it is an event that many people from many different areas want to attend I thought it would be proper to post to different regions so each area would know about it. I only read the region I live in so I didn't think that it would be a problem. I also didn't know there was a problem with past GeoWoodstocks and these forums.

I am sorry for this error. Thank you fro telling me the proper way to post in the forums.

Mike

Thanks for your apology. Let's move on.

I am glad to know that registration is open and have added my name to the roster. Proud to be #197! We have already begun to plan our trip out and look forward to seeing wine country and Yosemite. I love the event because there are so many people to see. I like your slogan... "Where it's all about the numbers - the numbers of friends you make." I have met hundreds of people through GW Events. Each year seems even better and I know you guys will raise the bar yet again.

Registered myself and my wife. Made reservations for two nights at a hotel in Roseville so I can make the Friday meet-and-greet, the event on Saturday, and maybe some cache runs on Sunday. I have the feeling I'll be working in some capacity during the event itself so I definitely wanted to participate on Friday and Sunday.

Looking forward to seeing folks from the forums in person.

It's so good to see the old Mopar back in the forums again. B)

GW6 just might be even better than GW5. We'll have to wait 219 days to find out though. :D

I'm hoping the weather will be a few hundred degrees cooler than the last 3 GeoWoodstocks. B)

I'm EXPECTING GW6 to be BBBIGGER since it is smack in the middle of the most active geocaching region in the country. :D

Better? B) I've given this some thought and if it is half as good as GW5 I'll be verrry happy. The Left Coast Crew has some big shoes to fill after last year's AWESOME production. You don't give yourself enough credit. :)

I've said it in email a couple times and now I'll say it in an open forum. Because of it's location, if this event doesn't get 4,500+ people in attendance, I'll eat a bug.

There really needs to be something like a Fujita scale for geocaching events after this one is on the books. Call GW3 equivalent to an F0. GW4 an F1 (barely). GW5 was somewhere between F2 and F3. So GW6 would solidly be an F3 with the potential of going F4. An F4 would be 5,000+ attendees (which is NOT beyond the realm of possibility for GW6) and would probably need classification as a MONSTER-Event.

An F5 would require a massive convention center and paid coordinators. I doubt anything will be as big as this one event (GW6) for awhile to come. It will be too intimidating for anyone to host it unless it's one big BYO potluck/picnic. An F6 would be nearly impossible for a geocaching event.

Friggin' HUGE I tells ya!

I think GW7 will be smaller if it is not on the West Coast.

Lil Devil, Rockncrystal, and the rest of RCGDS & N.U.T.S. deserve kudos for taking this event on. :D

Oh BTW, if I hafta eat a bug, I prefer the gummi type that come in a wrapper from Germany. :D:laughing:

I'm hoping the weather will be a few hundred degrees cooler than the last 3 GeoWoodstocks. B)

I'm EXPECTING GW6 to be BBBIGGER since it is smack in the middle of the most active geocaching region in the country. :)

Better? B) I've given this some thought and if it is half as good as GW5 I'll be verrry happy. The Left Coast Crew has some big shoes to fill after last year's AWESOME production. You don't give yourself enough credit. B)

I've said it in email a couple times and now I'll say it in an open forum. Because of it's location, if this event doesn't get 4,500+ people in attendance, I'll eat a bug.

There really needs to be something like a Fujita scale for geocaching events after this one is on the books. Call GW3 equivalent to an F0. GW4 an F1 (barely). GW5 was somewhere between F2 and F3. So GW6 would solidly be an F3 with the potential of going F4. An F4 would be 5,000+ attendees (which is NOT beyond the realm of possibility for GW6) and would probably need classification as a MONSTER-Event.

An F5 would require a massive convention center and paid coordinators. I doubt anything will be as big as this one event (GW6) for awhile to come. It will be too intimidating for anyone to host it unless it's one big BYO potluck/picnic. An F6 would be nearly impossible for a geocaching event.

Friggin' HUGE I tells ya!

I think GW7 will be smaller if it is not on the West Coast.

Lil Devil, Rockncrystal, and the rest of RCGDS & N.U.T.S. deserve kudos for taking this event on. :D

Oh BTW, if I hafta eat a bug, I prefer the gummi type that come in a wrapper from Germany. :D:laughing:

GAH! 4,500??? We're thinking more along the lines of maybe 3,000. I guess we'll have to wait and see how many folks register. 4,500 would boggle the mind. Remember, N.U.T.S. and RCGDS have to FEED all those people! (Not to mention provide parking, sanitation, etc. OMG this is a daunting enterprise.) The folks in charge of the organization must be crazy very brave to take this on!

GAH! 4,500??? We're thinking more along the lines of maybe 3,000. I guess we'll have to wait and see how many folks register. 4,500 would boggle the mind. Remember, N.U.T.S. and RCGDS have to FEED all those people! (Not to mention provide parking, sanitation, etc. OMG this is a daunting enterprise.) The folks in charge of the organization must be crazy very brave to take this on!

NOTICE the disclaimer..... B)B)

That said, Geo Woodstock HAS doubled its attendance EVERY year. I'm just thinkin' out loud given the location and the relative mild climate.

There are many factors that could LOWER attendance..... some unforeseen natural disaster that would affect that area, or a large part of the state, or oil topping the $100/barrel mark and sticking for a prolonged time without Dubya unassing the reserves or starting another war to "liberate" another oil rich country, or sumthin'. :)B)