Anyone use this coin notebook?

Nochipra

I am looking for a good notebook to keep my coins in. I saw one on The Caching Place that may be good but I don't know? I am still debating on whether to get the type where the coin stays in the notebook and you cannot take it out or to get something where I can place the coins in where you can take them out and show them. I was thinking of placing each coin in it's own little plastic container to protect them and then placing those in a notebook but I don't see anything on the market that could do that without each individual coin falling out of the square slots?

Kinda funny you posted this thread today. I just opened a box of these albums today. I got one of each size, regular and micro. I'm starting to fill them up right now. I will say this. They have the standard clear plastic "top and bottom" sleeves, to hold the coins completely in place, while still displaying both sides.

b8f561cc-984e-44d8-9936-af77a8400b37.jpg

The album is very sturdy, clean, and flips well. I'm going to fill them both up tonight or tomorrow, and see just how nice they look. So far I'm very impressed.

I'm very interested as well. I'd love to get some more reviews, and more pics would be very helpful. :huh:

I'm working on it :D Maybe you'd like to come help take them all out of those dern little plastic sleeves . . :P

Pete,

Ship them to me, I will work on them, may take a year, or two ;)

I'm very interested as well. I'd love to get some more reviews, and more pics would be very helpful. :huh:

I'm working on it :D Maybe you'd like to come help take them all out of those dern little plastic sleeves . . :D

Pete,

Ship them to me, I will work on them, may take a year, or two ;)

Stop by and see me this weekend, we'll hand them off there :P

If you could post a pic of how to place the coins in the notebook, I would really appreciate it. I have no idea how it is done since I have never seen one. Also, do the odd shaped coins look good in it too? Thanks:)

Here's some odd shaped coins. And, if you look on the right, you'll see a plastic sleeve sticking out. There is one beneath the coins, and one above. You slide the one on top out, place the coins in, and then slide it back.

2ed4f1aa-2805-4c2f-8d66-05247a58540a.jpg

Very cool, thanks for the pic and explanation, that really helps me out. I'm pretty sure I will probably get one now. Thanks again.

Edited for another question: Sorry to keep bugging you but I was wondering if you can add notebook pages to the notebook?

Edited by Nochipra

The only drawback that has prevented me from switching to these albums is the fact that the pages are permanent. It would be great if you could buy the page sizes you need most and arrange them in the album any way you like.

When we were having the drawings for the albums at the Arizona event, we opened one of the books up and from what I could tell the bindings are actually screws that you can remove to adjust the book the way you want.

I know it wouldn't take much to fix the books to allow you to add more pages. the only trick would be getting longer screws and the additional pages.

I really like the albums, but there are some coins that I would definitely not put in there... like the spinning top coins.

Maybe I'm cheap, but I just got a binder at Wal-Mart. I tried the 9-pocket trading card size pages, too big. Coins fall out, even when in their own flip sleeves. I tried the 20-pocket. Too tight, lots of coins wouldn't fit, even without the individual flip sleeves. Got the 12-pocket pages from The Caching Place, and they're perfect. Leave the coins in the individual sleeves, and all coins fit in the pockets, and the flip sleeves keep them from sliding out! Both of the kids have these binders for their collections, and they love them (while my small collection of coins still sits in a shoebox :D )

Maybe I'm cheap, but I just got a binder at Wal-Mart. I tried the 9-pocket trading card size pages, too big. Coins fall out, even when in their own flip sleeves. I tried the 20-pocket. Too tight, lots of coins wouldn't fit, even without the individual flip sleeves. Got the 12-pocket pages from The Caching Place, and they're perfect. Leave the coins in the individual sleeves, and all coins fit in the pockets, and the flip sleeves keep them from sliding out! Both of the kids have these binders for their collections, and they love them (while my small collection of coins still sits in a shoebox :D )

One thing you need to be aware of is the flip sleeves the coins come in continue to "out-gas" as they age. This will tarnish the finishes of your coins. It affects some platings worse than others though. The Nickel finish seems to buff out easily enough.

Holders designed for coin collecting are a different material and don't have this effect.

One thing you need to be aware of is the flip sleeves the coins come in continue to "out-gas" as they age. This will tarnish the finishes of your coins. It affects some platings worse than others though. The Nickel finish seems to buff out easily enough.

Holders designed for coin collecting are a different material and don't have this effect.

Wow! I did not know that. Thanks for the info!

I bought my first book from the Caching Place. When I ended up out growing the book from coins that were the same size, a cacher told me of a place that I could buy the book and pages separately. Which really worked for me and it was about the same price if not cheaper then the Caching Place. Too see where I get my books from see my profile. They are exactly the same as the Caching Place (or they used to be).

Edited because I might of crossed the solicitation guidelines.

Edited by CJ (part of Cerberus1)