Rescue Tanya!

My first-ever Travel Bug is a disposable camera, Tanya TravelCam. It was picked up from Team Peppers in London, and has made it to H2O Monument View - where it's been sitting for a month. No-one has visited the cache since.

I'm fretting about this, as I'm anxious to see Tanya make progress. Am I right to worry? How long before someone picks her up? If anyone is nearby, I'd be really grateful if you could get Tanya travelling again.

Lee

I agree with I & LK. The time to worry is if the cache is being visited but the bug not picked up. Remember that not everyone does pick up travellers so in a case like that, leave it for say 6 finders not to pick up and then e-mail one of them and ask if they noticed your traveller in the cache.

In the case where the cache is not being visited, obviously, that won't apply and although it may be frustrating, it is not a major cause for concern.

It also raises the discussion as to whether travelers should be left in infrequently visited caches, which is another can of worms altogether. :laughing:

It also raises the discussion as to whether travelers should be left in infrequently visited caches, which is another can of worms altogether. :D

Well, that's another thing...right up until my bug was dropped off, it was visited every couple of days, but then suddenly it's had no visitors for a month, which is what's making me fret. Is it a load of unlogged DNFs?

I wish someone would move my Wedding cake TB on from GCPQMN. It's been there for over 4 months. The owner said he'd move it on but hasn't yet. Frustrating!!

If you would like to leave any cakes in my caches I'll happily move them! Probably right to the nearest plate though :D

Tsk, tsk! Remember the no food rule! Such poor caching etiquette - I'd expect better of you!

Well, that's another thing...right up until my bug was dropped off, it was visited every couple of days, but then suddenly it's had no visitors for a month, which is what's making me fret. Is it a load of unlogged DNFs?

Looking at the location of the cache, it seems to be right on a "holiday route" and I guess that is why the visits seem to have stopped. Come next summer, it will be visited regularly again. Obviously you would prefer your bug to move on before then!

Give it a little longer and if it hasn't moved, you could ask the cache owners to check up on it on their next maintenance visit. Many cache owners will move on any TBs that have been in their caches for a long time, as a matter of course.

Iz :D

I'll be passing tomorrow, IF I have time I'll stop and pick it up.

Chris, bung me a text to let me know whether you manage to grab it or not ... I'm passing too over the weekend so could do a quick detour. :surprise:

Got it, will move on in due course,

Thanks a lot guys, all greatly appreciated. :ph34r:

I suspect it may take several years to circumnavigate back to my cache, but hey...it's all good fun. Thanks for helping Tanya on her way.

Lee