Need a new cell phone

CYBret

My old cellphone is dying. My contract expires in a few days and I need to find something new.

I really liked my Nokia 5140 but it's gone the way of the dodo. It's tough, has a built in compass and flashlight and did everything I needed it to do.

I don't really want a GPS phone ...I don't need another GPS. I would love to have the compass and flashlight, I used those ALL the time (well...at night anyway).

Also, it's important that it have a decent camera and bluetooth.

I'd REALLY love the G'zOne Type-R, but everything I'm reading says that they're only available in Japan. As for the other G'zOne's, they're only available through Verizon and believe it or not that "Can you hear me now" guy hasn't gotten here yet!

Anyway, any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Bret

I used to have a Sony Ericsson w810i that I just loved. It is a small candy bar type phone and has a great camera (2MP). Of course, it has bluetooth and the phone uses a dual LED light for taking pictures at night and using it as a flashlight. I always had great reception with it and it also is a music player and video player.

Only issues I've heard is that on some units the earpiece volume is low for some people. I didn't have an issue with that and when used with a bluetooth headset.

Here is a picture I took in Hoosier National Forest when it got dark quickly on us while caching. I had to use the phone as a flashlight and when I turned to hunt, I found what I took a photo of. Picture quality is usually better than this photo, especially in daylight. The phone uses an auto focus, push down half way, wait til it focuses and then complete the press.

1623837421_8551e87194.jpg

http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phones/sony-e...?tag=prod.txt.1

Edited by MetroGT

I have a Fusic LG LX-550, and it has GPS location, but I don't have any GPS applications loaded.

The phone uses the precise time signal from 3 towers to give your position to E911 for instance in an emergency. I use My-Cast Weather for about $4/month on th phone and I use GPS location to get the weather while out in the middle of nowhere, then I take the barrometric pressure from the weather app. on the phone, then calibrate the Map60CSx. This setup works pretty good.