Permission free cache sites

Flymgibet

My take on this......

You can freely plant on any land you own.

You can plant caches on any public land that does not otherwise restrict Geocaching by any rule or law. Make certain of this before planting anything. If thier are rules or laws - abey them. Also under this is the restriction that it conforms to all the other guidelines (like away from schools and highway bridges and such). Also I should mention my own personal rule here that there should be some safe parking nearby that is obvious to prevent folks from parking along interstates and such. This whole paragraph is my personal position.

All other land should have some permission.

Hi, just a question regarding cache sites. Are there places to locate a cache without permission, eg. footpaths, bridleways, common land, etc. Thanks.

I prefer permission-free cache hides involving large ammo cans, lacking any external labels or markings identifying them as a geocache, but bearing markings which read "EXPLOSIVES", and with suspicious-looking wires trailing out from the side of the box, placed in easily visible locations in front of police stations or in front of sensitive buildings on high security military bases. These are sure to present a challenge to finders.

;)

:ph34r:

:huh:

Excuse me...

;)

I'm sorry...

:unsure:

I've really gotta go take my anti-psychotic meds...

:ph34r::ph34r:

sigh....

:ph34r:

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

Hi, just a question regarding cache sites. Are there places to locate a cache without permission, eg. footpaths, bridleways, common land, etc. Thanks.

I prefer permission-free cache hides involving large ammo cans, lacking any external labels or markings identifying them as a geocache, but bearing markings which read "EXPLOSIVES", and with suspicious-looking wires trailing out from the side of the box, placed in easily visible locations in front of police stations or in front of sensitive buildings on high security military bases. These are sure to present a challenge to finders.

:santa:

:laughing:

:santa:

Excuse me...

:blink:

I'm sorry...

;)

I've really gotta go take my anti-psychotic meds...

;):o

sigh....

:o

Nice!! Maybe you should think about coming off the medication, you sound OK to me.

Hi, just a question regarding cache sites. Are there places to locate a cache without permission in the UK, eg. footpaths, bridleways, common land, etc. Thanks.

Why don't you just ask for permission?

All land is owned and or managed by somebody It's just finding out who, but this was not the question posted, thanks.

Is there a way to place a forum poster on an "ignore" list so his/her posts don't show up or is it necessary to always scroll past the (usually rather lengthy) drivel?

Just curious. Didn't mean to hijack this thread like drug free / influenced poster to whom I refer usually does while adding nothing of value to the discussion at hand.

Is there a way to place a forum poster on an "ignore" list so his/her posts don't show up or is it necessary to always scroll past the (usually rather lengthy) drivel?

Just curious. Didn't mean to hijack this thread like drug free / influenced poster to whom I refer usually does while adding nothing of value to the discussion at hand.

Not sure, but I doubt it after reading some of the comments posted that bear little relevance to the posted topic. This is my first posting, while you are here do you have a take on my original posted question. TNX.

I would suggest checking with one of the local UK reviewers.

I know the reviewers on 'this side of the pond' usually know which areas do not require permits and have contact information for those areas that do. Some of them even have the information on their profile pages.

You are asking the right questions, keep asking them.

I know the reviewers here are very happy to answer questions especially if asked prior to placement and I have found them to be most helpful.

Happy Caching!

I would suggest checking with one of the local UK reviewers.

I know the reviewers on 'this side of the pond' usually know which areas do not require permits and have contact information for those areas that do. Some of them even have the information on their profile pages.

You are asking the right questions, keep asking them.

I know the reviewers here are very happy to answer questions especially if asked prior to placement and I have found them to be most helpful.

Happy Caching!

Thanks for the reply, I tend to be a loner in all I do, hunting, fishing, hiking, wild camping and anything else so don't attend meets and so read the forums for advice and this is my first posting. I now have the enviable nickname (or is it) of "Billy no mates". I've named a TB as this and this has not moved for months so this tells you something. I got into geocaching via the use of the GPS for camping and hiking. I guess thats why the marriage has lasted 39 years. We like to be alone, together !!!!.

Edited by Flymgibet

Yes, up top of the forum click 'my controls'. Then on the left side 'manage ignored users'. Then fill in the add new box if you know their name exactly, or use find user if you don't know the correct spelling.

I think however this only works on their posts, if someone quotes them, you'll still see their writtings.

Yes, up top of the forum click 'my controls'. Then on the left side 'manage ignored users'. Then fill in the add new box if you know their name exactly, or use find user if you don't know the correct spelling.

I think however this only works on their posts, if someone quotes them, you'll still see their writtings.

Thank you, but with this buggy board, it will only work if the username is a single word with no special characters. The party I'd like to ignore has white space and "&" in the name and it won't take.

Somedays you just can't win.

This board's SEARCH is broken and does not work as advertised.

One cannot sort bookmarks other than by name.

One cannot ignore the user's one wishes to ignore.... I'll just have to scroll faster...

Maybe tomorry will be a better day... :smile:

...is it necessary to always scroll past the (usually rather lengthy) drivel?

Hmm...

Thank you, but with this buggy board, it will only work if the username is a single word with no special characters. The party I'd like to ignore has white space and "&" in the name and it won't take.

Somedays you just can't win.

This board's SEARCH is broken and does not work as advertised.

One cannot sort bookmarks other than by name.

One cannot ignore the user's one wishes to ignore.... I'll just have to scroll faster...

Maybe tomorry will be a better day... :D

...Looks like even more "drivel." :smile: