Critical Souls Crew Halloween Special - Halloween evening!

Cryptik Souls Crew and Critical Mass Inc. are currently developing a special cache for halloween evening, which will be in the Reading area and will involve a video to watch on You Tube. We're currently in the planning phase so details are to be confirmed, but it will be on halloween evening and will prove to be quite scary. Check back here for more details very soon!

Right chaps, please excuse the shortness of my original post, was sat in a classroom trying to write it on my mobile phone!

We were never planning on making this an event as such. It's gonna be a cache like any other that will remain in place for some time to come. However, on the evening of halloween this year, we plan to make it a little more interesting, just for one night only! I suppose there is scope to log the evening itself as an event, but that was never the intention. As there a a couple of flash mob events in the are, we'd planned to give people something to do, and get scared out of their minds in the process!

Stay tuned for more info as the planning and setting will all be done this weekend!

Ratty

Right chaps, the Halloween Cache by Cryptik Souls Crew and Critical Mass Inc. WILL go ahead, and will be called;

Cryptikal Massacre - Night Cache

As the name suggests, this cache CAN ONLY be completed at night, and you will find out why when the cache listing is available.

The video was filmed over the weekend and is currently being edited. It was great fun filming, but there were trees in the woods that were less woody than our acting (quote: Cryptik Souls Crew).

We haven't decided it will work with the upload date/time of the listing/video, but we will try and make it accessable to those that are out and about already that night. You won't however be able to bag the cache before the allotted time, as the start of the trail is incomplete and the cache won't be in place until the night, so there!

I really hope some of you are able to take a few mins on the 31st to come do our cache. We've put loads of time and effort into it and should prove to be a good laugh.

If you are unable to make it on the night, fear not... the cache will be available for the foreseeable future after halloween, just without the little extras we plan on doing on the night!

MORE TO FOLLOW SOON!

I could be around that part of the word, say around midnight if anyones still up for a bit of hellish caching :huh: hahaha

I've moved the time of the Oxford flashmob to allow for cheaper parking, near the NEW location.

I wonder if any of you will dash from Reading flashmob to Oxford flashmob, only to return for the cache kickin off in Reading;)

Aiiiii

Big Smokin' boooooo at ya!! Nancy boy

OK this is where it's at :) Meet at Wokefield Common car park tomorrow (Wednesday 31st October) at 2030 hours. Coords same as our Toyota Celica cache (not giving link because that is tantamount to cache promotion :D ). N 51° 23.464 W 001° 03.804 - mods ... hope this doesn't breach forum guidelines. Please do the necessary if so. :D

No problems. Have a good(?) evening :D

Right chaps, please accept my appologies. This course has become rather intense and quite stressfull over the last few days, and with no internet access here it has made things a little difficult!

There have also been some publishing issues to deal with, but I am sure that this is now sweet!

As Liane posted just now, the caching will kick off at 2030 tomorrow night. The page should go live before then sometime tomorrow;

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...31-6a286ca32c7e

However, you can't do it in the daylight and you can't find it before 2030, cos it won't be there!

YOU WILL NEED;

A BRIGHT TORCH

A SENSE OF HUMOUR

(BOTH ESSENTIAL)

You should aim to be at Wokefield common car park between 2030 and 2200. You don't all need to pile over at 2030. I know the FTF is always nice, but we'll be there till 2200, and the cache will be available like a normal cache after that.

IF YOU ARE OF A NERVOUS DISPOSITION AND THINK THAT GETTING A BIT SCARED MAY MAKE YOU KEEL OVER AT ANY TIME, PLEASE LET US KNOW ON ARRIVAL. WE MAY BE ABLE TO USE YOUR CORPSE AS A PROP ON THE NIGHT.

Once again chaps, many appologies for the extreme lateness of this info. I can assure you however, that if can get over tomorrow night, you're likely to have a good time.

Ratty

P.S. If I have forgotton anything, I will get in my car and come charging up to this internet suite later on to post it!

...and guess who forgot to take their camera :)

An excellent caching experience, not too scary for an old f**t like me, but I must admit Michael and the chainsaw massacrer thing at the end had me going for a bit LOL!

Thanks again for all the preparation and hard work you both put into making this cache so enjoyable for us tonight.

...and guess who forgot to take their camera :mad:

This cache was great fun last night! The pumpkin lanterns were a nice touch.

Unlike Mr Dewdrop I did take my camera and even videoed our way through the woods, however once we found the cache it was off in our pocket when the Chainsaw Massacre occurred, so missed the good bit :D

Thanks for organising this, and the cache is well worth doing even without the madmen in the woods!

A big thanks to those who turned up on Wednesday - people seemed to have enjoyed themselves and we certainly had a great time running it! We were a little bit upset by the slightly poor turn-out, but to be quite honest, I don't think we'd have been able to handle too many more!

We set up two ambush points en-route, and put as many tracks into the gps as possible, but we were still running around like complete nutters trying to keep up with people 'cross country'! Still, bit of exercise never hurt anyone!

And of course, hearing the girls scream like, er, girls (eh, Lauren) made it all worthwhile!

Thanks again chaps, and see you all again next year :D;)

Ratty

Edited by Critical Mass Inc.