Google Map Lockups

knowschad

IE7 & Win XP Media Edition:

Two things that lock up the new maps for me as of tonight:

1) Show cache listings

2) Send to GPS (even if I cancel after the Sent To window displays)

Doing either one of these requires me to reload the page before I can do anything (eg: scroll/zoom, click on other caches, etc)

I've noticed that the Google map server has been having problems today. Nothing related to the GC site.

The lockups that I'm referring to are consistant, repeatable, and have been going on since day #1 of the new maps, for me, at least. Most other issues have been fixed, but this one has not yet been addresses, which is why I started this as a separate thread.

IE7 & Win XP Media Edition:

Two things that lock up the new maps for me as of tonight:

1) Show cache listings

2) Send to GPS (even if I cancel after the Sent To window displays)

Doing either one of these requires me to reload the page before I can do anything (eg: scroll/zoom, click on other caches, etc)

I'm noticing the same thing, (Win2K,SP4 with IE6). Some stuff still works when the map is frozen, like the hide my finds and other check boxes.

I'm trying to track down the IE issues. It appears that the rendering engine is getting corrupted and locking the movable div areas in the browser.

As far as it not requesting the caches. If you are scrolling in an area that already has been "loaded" by a prior request it will not re query. I'll be adding a link to re query the current view port on the next release.

-Raine

I am experiencing similar issues with Windows XP and IE 7. Also after moving around I get a response of "Your search brought back the max results." regardless of zoom level and no caches are visible. Not to mention the accuracy of this is not as good as previous.

I sure like the previous interface (Yahoo maps), how about going back to it until you get the bugs worked out of this one?

BAT

I'm trying to track down the IE issues. It appears that the rendering engine is getting corrupted and locking the movable div areas in the browser.

-Raine

Thanks for the feedback, Raine. There was so much noise in the other map thread(s) that I created this one to make sure the lockup problem was being heard. Now I know that it is, so I can relax and wait for a fix.

As far as it not requesting the caches. If you are scrolling in an area that already has been "loaded" by a prior request it will not re query. I'll be adding a link to re query the current view port on the next release.

-Raine

Any progress, Raine? Still locking up under both of the conditions I mentioned in the original posting.

In both cases (closing the listing window and closing the Send to Garmin window), the window is being closed by hitting the "x". (eg: there is no "Cancel" button to hit) Could that be triggering an event that you're not programming for, perhaps?