TB Old Maps not veiwable with latest update

MaxB on the River

Since the latest update was done last week, you can no longer look at the old map view of a TBs travels under a TB. This was the only way to acurately record mileage since in some instances the mileage isn't calculated on the main TB page, particularly if discover logs or sometimes notes are logged between retrievals and drops.

This is the message received:

The page cannot be displayed

There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Open the www.geocaching.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

You can also see a list of related sites.

HTTP 500 - Internal server error

Internet Explorer

Plesae bring this map feature back.

Since the latest update was done last week, you can no longer look at the old map view of a TBs travels under a TB. [...]

Plesae bring this map feature back.

Yes, please do.

I am very disappointed with how so many old established and useful features are scrapped. [:D]

Since the latest update was done last week, you can no longer look at the old map view of a TBs travels under a TB. This was the only way to acurately record mileage since in some instances the mileage isn't calculated on the main TB page, particularly if discover logs or sometimes notes are logged between retrievals and drops.

Agreed. This was one of the most interesting and useful features of the TB/geocoin page. This feature, or a similar one, should be reinstated.

Edited by Ocean Lovers

Yes please re-instate this. The small maps that repalce it are meaning less and having all the travels on a single image is much better.

Indeed, I always ignore the small maps and go rght for the big one.

In fact what we really need is a fully scrolable gmaps map...

Yes please re-instate this. The small maps that repalce it are meaning less and having all the travels on a single image is much better.

Agreed. The little maps are pretty useless. I always enjoyed seeing a TB's complete travels.

Bring back the old map, please!!

Agreed. The little maps are pretty useless. I always enjoyed seeing a TB's complete travels.

Bring back the old map, please!!

I agree also! I really miss the old maps! :P My friends and I always looked at the old maps, because that's the easiest way to watch them travelling! Please bring us back the map!

Dutch greetings.

Whether it's the old supported maps or a new map that shows the same thing, I agree with the others. The "new" maps are pretty useless, particularly when with a TB that has a lot of miles racked and had been dropped in a bunch of caches all within the same area. The old style map showed the complete travel. If the old style maps are no longer supported then how about coming up with something that is supported that does the same thing.

Some of the recent changes might be OK with some but there sure are a lot of unhappy people with the changes in general. Guess maybe the masses didn't want the changes.

Arrrrrrgh! Please bring back the old maps. There is no way to see the bird's eye view of a TB's travels otherwise. Moving from map screen to map screen is tedious and often you can't tell where you are because familiar names or landmarks are not visible. Please bring back old map!! :huh:

I would add my voice to the others clamoring for good TB maps--especially ones that showed the path of travel (like the "old" old maps).

I used them with my science classes to track our travel bugs a certain way. They were most helpful.

Well, I see the link to the "old map" is now gone. How about a new map that showed what the old one did, only better! Please--- :rolleyes:

Agreed, please bring back the old TB map. The new ones are pretty useless. I never use them.

The old maps are a cherished feature.

We have just discovered that the "View in Google Earth" option on the Bug page is about as useful as the Old Map feature. At least it lets you view your TB/geocoins travels from cache to cache. :D

Agreed, please bring back the old TB map. The new ones are pretty useless. I never use them.

The old maps are a cherished feature.

We have just discovered that the "View in Google Earth" option on the Bug page is about as useful as the Old Map feature. At least it lets you view your TB/geocoins travels from cache to cache. :D

True, but unfortunately for me, the tech people at my school have deemed GE 'too resource intensive' to load on the computers the students use.

I agree, it doesn't have to be the "old maps" but I would like that feature back in something other than GE.

We have just discovered that the "View in Google Earth" option on the Bug page is about as useful as the Old Map feature. At least it lets you view your TB/geocoins travels from cache to cache. :santa:

I just checked out the GE feature for the first time and now believe it is vastly superior to the old maps. Now I know why it was dicontinued.