Pocket Query Problem

sonatellas

I have tried several times to run a pocket query of 500 and download it to GSAK. I have been following instructions on the forum which are great however when I download the file into GSAK it just shows a list of the ones we have found and not the 500 nearest to us. It just shows 187 instead of 500. Any ideas? I have checked that the box in Pocket query where it says caches I have found is not ticked so it is not that. God I am confused and it very frustrating. HELP??????????????? :mad::mad:<_<:huh: PLEASE

I have tried several times to run a pocket query of 500 and download it to GSAK. I have been following instructions on the forum which are great however when I download the file into GSAK it just shows a list of the ones we have found and not the 500 nearest to us. It just shows 187 instead of 500. Any ideas? I have checked that the box in Pocket query where it says caches I have found is not ticked so it is not that. God I am confused and it very frustrating. HELP??????????????? :huh::mad:<_<:mad: PLEASE

On the Pocket Query page on GC.COM click the icon on the left of your query which says "Preview Query" (or somesuch) when you hover over it. This will bring up the list of caches that match the query. This will tell you if it's the PQ that's wrong or GSAK, if it's the PQ then you can fine tune it and preview again until you get it right.

Make sure you don't have a filter set on GSAK.

PQ

set:

Show me 500

Any type

Any container

That I havent found

from home co-ords

within radius -if set 200 you only get 500 caches!

IF you dont check a "day to generate" then run the PQ it will show you the caches that fit, without generating a PQ. IF this shows what you want -fill in the day to generate and off you go! (fingers crossed!)

edit to add

I always import into default cache in GSAK to look at it, before filtering and moving to the database...

Edited by KandG

You can post a link to your PQ so we can review it to point out all your errors and show how to get it right :huh::D seriously you can link to it for PM's to have a look at. here is one of ours designed to return high dificulty caches placed in the last few months

http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/gcquery.a...79-927c5445c870

Hmmm. I didn't try, but it looks like we can change it for you as well as see it :D

You can post a link to your PQ so we can review it to point out all your errors and show how to get it right :huh::D seriously you can link to it for PM's to have a look at. here is one of ours designed to return high dificulty caches placed in the last few months

http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/gcquery.a...79-927c5445c870

Hmmm. I didn't try, but it looks like we can change it for you as well as see it :D

It then becomes one of your pq's after you hit submit changes (i think thats a bit clever)