Whoo Hoooo First Hide!

Custheyder

Whoo hooo ... can I do that again? I am a little over excited as I've had my first hides published today. Now I'm going to be itching to go and sit in a tree and spy on the site waiting for the FTF hounds to come searching!

I have other containers ready to go and far more devious than the two I've just put out. Now I have to find a suitable location. I have a sneaking suspicion that hiding Geocaches is going to be as addictive as finding them.

Shameless plugging of first hides:

Saved From Ruin

Take a Seat

Despite having other containers ready to go I'm looking for quality, not quantity. With that in mind, please feel free to cast an eye over these two listings and let me know if there is anything blindingly obvious I've missed, or could improve upon in the listings.

Cheers Chaps/Chapesses

Cust.

Despite having other containers ready to go I'm looking for quality, not quantity. With that in mind, please feel free to cast an eye over these two listings and let me know if there is anything blindingly obvious I've missed, or could improve upon in the listings.

Cheers Chaps/Chapesses

Cust.

Well, if you take that attitude cachers will come specifically to do your caches!

I remember my first one and it was just as you said - I checked the website every morning until someone had found it!

Hmmm links seem to be a little odd. I can get to them via a search though. Should appear in the top 5 for a search on postcode IM4 4AD (not my postcode, but close enough to my caches)

I'm currently looking a 60 liter barrel (with a locking water tight lid) wondering how the heck I'll manage to camo and hide it.... it may be sometime before that one goes live.

Yup... hiding is defiantly getting addictive.

Congratulations. The listings look good with plenty of interesting information.

Went to visit a location for my first hide on Saturday. I'd found information about a sculpture on the web. Looked really promising from the website, interesting sculpture, good views, easy walk, parking - sounded great and I wondered why the location hadn't been taken already. Got there and the sculpture had been vandalised, there was evidence of fires being started, the only hiding place was in gorse bushes and the view was rubbish. The walk was easy but I wouldn't want to go there alone.

Had another idea today. Need to find/make a matt dark green container with magnets. Don't want to do a micro, but may have to make this the start of a multi. I know the area is safe and there are trees nearby.

Hmmm links seem to be a little odd. I can get to them via a search though. Should appear in the top 5 for a search on postcode IM4 4AD (not my postcode, but close enough to my caches)

I'm currently looking a 60 liter barrel (with a locking water tight lid) wondering how the heck I'll manage to camo and hide it.... it may be sometime before that one goes live.

Yup... hiding is defiantly getting addictive.

If you manage to hide that - respect! ;)

Actually it is probably easier to hide it in plain sight - side of a building, a length of drain pipe that appears to run into it - everyone will assume it belongs there!

Had another idea today. Need to find/make a matt dark green container with magnets. Don't want to do a micro, but may have to make this the start of a multi. I know the area is safe and there are trees nearby.

I've used magnets on one of the hides listed. I have another setup with magnets which is really evil. :mad:

Saved from Ruin I couldn't place a reasonable size on site, but found a good spot just off site so used the multi cache option. The Vicar was keen for a larger one on site and suggested hiding it under a loose tomb cover! :mad: ....I said thanks, but no thanks, there will be kids involved and I really wouldn't want to give them the idea they can go tomb robbing! (Didn't fancy sticking my own hand in there either <_< )

I'm forming ideas for hiding the the barrel, plain sight is a little easy if I state it's a Large cache. I've a couple of possible sites to scout, with any luck one will have what I'm looking for!

Bets are now on for how long before my first caches are found! (By tomorrow morning probably)

Cust.

Sorry Custheyder you've butted up against one of the unwriten forum guidelines. No promoting ones own caches, this is to avoid the forums being clogged up with every cache owner posting to promote their own caches.

The only exception being Cache Events <_<

Sorry but topic closed :mad: