PQ start date is NOW non-inclusive? Why?

LeGodFather

Pocket Query start date use to be "inclusive".. meaning that a PQ selecting caches placed during , between October 13 2007 and October 14 2007* would return all caches with a "placed date" of "10/13/2007" and after and before "10/14/2007" including caches placed on "10/14/2007".

Now, a PQ with the same dates as in the example above.. return only the caches with a "placed date" AFTER "10/13/2007".. excluding caches placed on the 13th.. the starting date of the PQ (so, only the caches placed on the 14th, in my example).

Sounds like a "greater or equal" was changed to a "greater than" (or something like that).. is that something wanted? Requested? or what?

* Also, we use to be able to select the years beyond the current year. Now, we are stuck making PQs end at "Decembre 31 2007". Events are placed in the future.. and I like to have a PQ that checks the next three months for new events!

Thanks for reading.. ;)

Posting to confirm that caches hidden on the first day selected in the "between" date field on my date-ranged pocket queries are NOT being returned in the pocket query files. Please let us know whether to edit our date-ranged queries, or if the pocket query generator will be fixed to function as before. Thanks!

Ditto my pq's are all broken now ;) i know from the number of downloads of my paperless caching guide that its broke for a lot of people who wont realise until they see that long list of waypoints not updating in gsak. :yikes:

Another confirmation here...

Guidance on whether to edit our PQ's would be greatly appreciated. I know there are a lot of people who use date ranges on PQ's to cover larger areas without overlap who are affected by this.

Thank you GrosseFamille for catching this change...

Another confirmation here...

Guidance on whether to edit our PQ's would be greatly appreciated. I know there are a lot of people who use date ranges on PQ's to cover larger areas without overlap who are affected by this.

Thank you GrosseFamille for catching this change...

On the other matter as well, surely it is important that we can select dates beyond 2007? The UK (as I'm sure does the rest of the world!) already has several events listed for next year, and it would be rather helpful to actually receive them!

here's hoping someone accidentally put the wrong bit of code in somewhere..!

Arggh!!! Thanks for the heads-up :mad:

How many PQ set-ups will that break?

Please, Groundspeak, can you fix this one as soon as possible!!

I think it will break ALL of the PQ's that use dates since most people who use dates do so in such a way that PQ1 gets you A, PQ2 gets you B after A, PQ3 gets you C...

I know 25 ogf mine are broken, but

I don't want to be a wet blanket but I don't think it has been fixed.

If I look for caches placed between 12th Oct and 13th Oct I get a list of caches placed only on 13th. If I look for caches placed between 13th Oct and 14th Oct I get a list of caches placed only on 14th. If I look for caches placed between 14th Oct and 14th Oct I get none.

I just might have to re-suscribe to a Premium Membership to update my New England by date PQ's.

And to test this problem.

I am unsure if the prior runs I've done had any holes between the end of 1 PQ and the start of another. Or perhaps I'll just have to bite the bullet and have some overlap and therefore have even more slightly less that 500 results per PQ.

I.E.:

Mass1, all unfound by me, 01/01/2000-06/09/2003

Mass2, all unfound by me, 06/08/2003-09/15/2004 (not 6/9 or even 6/10 as I had previously defined it)

Oh, these are random dates. Since I'm not currently a Premium Member I can't even look at the previously defined PQ's.

One good thing though, since I only PQ unfound caches each time I ran these queries I would adjust all the dates forward until I get just under 499. And in a few cases had to adjust a date backwards when a whole slew of temporarily archived caches became available again.

Don't change anything. I'll find out what happened and make sure it's reverted back to the way it was.

He was referring the this reply so don't change a thing just yet,give em time.

I didn't listen to his advice and changed the dates in my PQs.

Worst case I get duplicate results...

It's Friday, and I got all my PQs for the week. And, it looks like it was only the "Preview Pocket Query" lightning_go.png that was not returning the caches placed on the first day of the PQs dates.

And.. I've just ran (3 times) a "Preview Pocket Query" lightning_go.png and it looks (once again) like it has been fixed. It does show the caches of the first date.

Anyone can confirm this?

I'm happy with what I have now. Thank you! :surprise:

Thank you to those confirming that the issue has been fixed. My home area date-separated pocket queries run from Monday through Friday so I can use them over the weekend. As my bad luck would have it, I updated the queries last weekend, not knowing of the site issue. So the settings are quite messed up, but now I know that I can fix the date ranges again. Only a subset of the cache data was affected, and for a very short period. The majority of caches in my queries update with new activity less often than weekly.