Response Times, Site Slow Loading

Huntcliff

Why not "Clean" things up during the week,

instead of the weekend when we're all out caching?!!

Actually, it is a load issue. There are lots of people attempting to log weekend finds. I did mine last night at 2 AM Eastern and had no issues. Most everyone was asleep. Later tonight, the load will drop and things will get better again. Since it is Sunday, I would imagine most are trying to get at least one day off. Raine` was on a good bit yesterday, so he was burning some Saturday overtime it looked like.

I understand that changing things always results in unexpected problems. Willing to swallow a little frustration for a better response eventually :)

Good grasp of the situation.

Why not "Clean" things up during the week,

instead of the weekend when we're all out caching?!!

Actually, it is a load issue. There are lots of people attempting to log weekend finds. I did mine last night at 2 AM Eastern and had no issues. Most everyone was asleep. Later tonight, the load will drop and things will get better again. Since it is Sunday, I would imagine most are trying to get at least one day off. Raine` was on a good bit yesterday, so he was burning some Saturday overtime it looked like.

I understand that changing things always results in unexpected problems. Willing to swallow a little frustration for a better response eventually :)

Good grasp of the situation.

Funny...that has been the excuse since I started caching years ago. Still no solution. Geocaching.com is basically unusable during normal weekend hours (how many people truely wait until 2am to log their finds????), and the same tired excuses are given.

Actually, about a three weeks ago and for some time before that, the site was flying. Sundays were no issue. There were no topics here regarding speed because everyone was happy. Then, if you check the announcements forum, you will see that they began update testing. Something isn't working right obviously. This topic is only a couple of weeks old. It was started on a Sunday. It went for a week last week with no posts... until Sunday. The trend is pretty obvious to me. My guess is that it is a traffic load issue, but that is just a guess. If the trend continues, tomorrow will be much better. Next Sunday this topic will be bumped again if things are not resolved. Sunday is a very busy day. Whenever there have been site issues regarding traffic, they seem to show up on Sunday.

HarleyPiper, you can come cut my grass if you want. :):)

Can't log 'em in on Sunday?

Wait until Monday when traffic is a little better and things are running a little faster.

It's been slower on weekends (for obvious reasons) as far back as I can remember.

Western Mass Clan, I like the drunk hampsters!!!! LOL!!!!

The site is quite zippy this morning, so I'm logging the rest of my finds from the weekend before going to work. It's a nice way to start the day. I stopped trying to do the logs last evening after the process got too tedious. I did something else instead, and had more fun.

The logs I'm writing are for the caches found during a trip to a geocacher's funeral. I found nine of the many fun caches that her team has hidden. She won't be writing any more "found it" logs. That sorta puts things into perspective for me. I'll worry about important things, and not worry about things that aren't important.

There may be slow times now and again, I know it's a bit of a hassle, but it's bound to happen! Sometimes things happen which the site people have no control over...(might not be the case, but sheesh people, in the age of instant coffee, microwave ovens etc, I think some of you have gotten spoiled)!

Sorry to hear about the funeral Lep, my condolences!

Instead of waiting around last night to log my caches I did them them this morning without any issue.

We all have to keep things in perspective. I remember way back, when we had to send our cache finds by the Pony Express or personally take them to Seattle by wagon train via the Oregon Trail B)

Thanks Geocaching.com and the folks at Groundspeak for making this hobby of ours so accessaible anywhere in the world. B)

RCTP

In fact, it´s not funny anymore B) I really think about, if renewal of my premium member account is a good idea. In Germany we have a good alternative : www.opencaching.de . So guys, come on and stopp playing around. Keep the server running. I love gc.com and I don´t wanna change !

Anyone else having issues with the website.

I've never not had issues with this website. I'm wondering what we (us Geocachers and Groundspeak) need to do to fix this. I am almost to the point, actually no, I'm at the point that I dread having to log my finds anymore. What do we need to do???? If Groundspeak needs more $$$ for updated/bigger and better/ hardware then they need to either jack up the price to be a premium member (which I am willing to throw down a Benjamin a year if need be) and or stop allowing people to Geocache for free. I understand the issues with both sides of this fence completely. I once was not a premium member as well, but that lasted for a day I think. Let people cache for free with a trial period for 3 months once they create a profile and then once the trial period is up they have to pay. And yes I can see issues with this suggestion as well.

All in all, I don't have the magic answer, I want the problem fixed and am trying to think of a solution. No matter what though, we need to get this fixed. With as many people that we have Geocaching now we should not be having trouble with website issues, espescially since this website is where the majority of new Geocachers will be getting there info from.

Just my 2 cents.

Last Sunday was awful, but this Weekend was Great!!!! Last Sunday night I couldn't even log on but this whole weekend I had no problems and even my pocket quirys came almost instantly. Thanks Groundspeak. We do appreciate your hard work, even though we complain alot. Or I guess I should say I instead of we.