Can't Move Off First ‘Seek Geocache’ Listing Page

Road Rabbit

Since the recent software updates and changes, I cannot get beyond the initial cache listing page. I click on the 'Next' button and nothing happens; no error message, no cursor indications, nothing. When the cursor is over the 'Next' button, the bar at the bottom of the page shows: “ java script:__doPostBack(‘pgr Top$_ctl16’,”) “. The other links on the page show an URL in the bottom line.

The ‘Send to GPS’ button also shows a javascript message on the bottom line, but there seems to be no problem with that function.

I had this problem before, but it cleared up when the software version was briefly rolled back. I’m using IE 7.0 and Windows XP. As far as I can determine, I don’t have any restrictions in my Java settings. What could be the problem? :blink:

Hmm. It's sounding more and more like a java setting problem on my computer. I can't believe that the problem is unique to me, though.

I'll have to recheck all of the settings: IE, registry and antivirus. Drat!

Do you use a proxy?

No. And I've rechecked all of my IE settings. That leaves the internet security s/w or the registry.

Edited by Road Rabbit

Hmm. It's sounding more and more like a java setting problem on my computer.

Make sure you've got JavaScript turned on in your web browser. (Not Java, they're different beasts.)

I had exactly the same behavior after I'd temporarily turned JavaScript off for an unrelated reason, and forgot about it. Turned JS back on, and presto it worked again.

Good luck!

Hmm. It's sounding more and more like a java setting problem on my computer.

Make sure you've got JavaScript turned on in your web browser. (Not Java, they're different beasts.)

I had exactly the same behavior after I'd temporarily turned JavaScript off for an unrelated reason, and forgot about it. Turned JS back on, and presto it worked again.

Good luck!

Thanks, but I'm still somewhat mystified by this process. How in IE can I turn JavaScript on and off? I've looked at the settings under Tools>Internet Options, but can't find anything explicitly referring to JavaScript.

Am I missing something or just too dense to recognize what I'm seeing?

How in IE can I turn JavaScript on and off?

Hmm, good point - they call it something else.

Internet Options > Security > Custom > Scripting > Active Scripting > Enable

This is waaay at the bottom of the list, at least it is in IE6. In IE7, who knows? (Good thing I had a VM with IE lying around. I don't normally use it, so I had to look it up.)

How in IE can I turn JavaScript on and off?

Hmm, good point - they call it something else.

Internet Options > Security > Custom > Scripting > Active Scripting > Enable

This is waaay at the bottom of the list, at least it is in IE6. In IE7, who knows? (Good thing I had a VM with IE lying around. I don't normally use it, so I had to look it up.)

I tried that, but it was already set to enable. I'm ready to download a different browser and see if that'll help. This is starting to be a major bummer.

I wonder if your problem is related to the TWO links labeled 'Next'. This duplication seems to be a new bug -- the upper one works as expected, the lower one does nothing.

Apparently, not. Neither works, nor does clicking directly on the page number.

I have also tried using another browser, Firefox, and enabled JavaScript, but it still doesn't work.

Still clueless. I'm ready to try burning incense and reading chicken bones now. :D